High School What Is Your School's Uniform Purchasing System?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Official OWECheer

Most likely to post anywhere
Jan 16, 2014
By that, I mean to ask whether your school has each girl/guy purchase her/his own uniforms, or is there a uniform bank from which your select your sizes each year? Do you reuse custom bodyliners (as part of the uniform bank)?

At my school, I've had to purchase my own uniform every year. We get fitted and the uniforms are custom made for our measurements. It's fine if you buy one uniform for 2-4 years, but we had a lot of coaching turnover, which resulted in us buying new uniforms every year. Let's just say, my parents' wallets were probably not happy. I like the idea of having a uniform bank. Having to purchase a new uniform each year is just excessive, imo.

At my school, I've had to purchase my own uniform every year. We get fitted and the uniforms are custom made for our measurements. It's fine if you buy one uniform for 2-4 years, but we had a lot of coaching turnover, which resulted in us buying new uniforms every year. Let's just say, my parents' wallets were probably not happy. I like the idea of having a uniform bank. Having to purchase a new uniform each year is just excessive, imo.
I hate when coaches get changed every year. Why can't a coach just stick with what the previous coach ordered?

My school buys the uniforms for us and typically a few extra, and we have a uniform bank. We borrow them for the season and if you're a senior and want to buy the uniform at the end you can. Very nice, but also fitting everyone was kinda difficult but it always worked out.

My school buys the uniforms for us and typically a few extra, and we have a uniform bank. We borrow them for the season and if you're a senior and want to buy the uniform at the end you can. Very nice, but also fitting everyone was kinda difficult but it always worked out.
Did you guys have custom bodyliners? If so, did you reuse them every year? Those can get expensive if you buy them on your own.

We raised money to buy new unis typically like every 7 years I think lol the school owns them though. We had custom bodysuits the my freshman year and those were always reused. When we got new unis my senior year we all just ordered our own solid black ones that were super cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

School bought new uniforms for the team every maybe 3-5years but I believe that if there is money in the budget, the cheer program will buy another uniform if they want.

The issue is that the uniform that I wore in high school was new when I was in 8th grade and we got new uniforms my junior year. Expect that everyone still loves the ones that were new when I was in 8th grade. So now they wear the oldest ones the most, then the ones that were new my years (which I LOVE but everyone hates) and then this new one they got two years ago from some cheap-o company but the girls like Cuz it's new or something...I don't understand it. I think they look bad. But anyway, poor JV/middle school uniforms are so old since Varsity won't pass them down.

Varsity got new uniforms every 2 years and we had 3 at a time. There was a uniform bank and our school sports booster club bought them, but if you were on varsity the year we got new ones we had someone come in for sizing and you got yours fitted to you. Once we got new ones, JV would get the oldest ones, every I think 4 years JV got their own new ones and they would have 2 at a time.

Our school buys us new uniforms every 3-4 years or so. Varsity got new ones 3 years ago and jvs were new this year. Varsity wears their older uniforms for games. We will most likely be getting new ones for varsity this year!!

Girls always purchase their own bodylines.

my school had the same uniforms for five years they just got ones this year. when i did my one year of high school cheer i had to buy my own uniform but the girls had the choice to get new one or borrow one from the school. i really hate the new ones

All girls buy their own. We've typically done a new one every other year.

I've seen schools do a new one every year (with one near my sister that does a new home and away every year) and that is a bit much.

Did you guys have custom bodyliners? If so, did you reuse them every year? Those can get expensive if you buy them on your own.
We had a black, turtle neck, long sleeve leotard, I forget what they're called?? Liner? We had to buy our own, but they were only $15-20.

Eta: bodysuit! And then we had to wear black spandex of course with them. And they lasted a long time, you only had to buy one for four years if you didn't grow (which most girls did)

They only uniform pieces I've ever had to purchase were spandex and bows and in 8th-9th grade a bodysuit (not custom).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For both high school and college, we had a uniform bank. To me, financially, it just makes sense. Our bodyliners are solid-colored so we bought our own. Well-made uniforms are expensive and I know my parents wouldn't want to buy a new one every year.

Did any of you have a white uniform that you reused? How long can a white uniform be reused until it is too dingy?

Back