High School What Is Your School's Uniform Purchasing System?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For those of you who(se athletes) own your/their own uniform, do you all purchase packages from high-end vendors?

For those of you who(se athletes) own your/their own uniform, do you all purchase packages from high-end vendors?

I'm VERY new to high school cheer...my daughter will be a freshman next year and I got the tryout packet on Thursday. Each cheerleader purchases a uniform package from Varsity totaling $1100 (although, it seems like we were told the packet number was somewhat higher than the actual cost at the meeting). I'm trying to not have a heart attack. It includes the uniform, 3 camp outfits, warm ups, fleece jacket, poms, back pack, and 2 pairs of shoes.

I'm VERY new to high school cheer...my daughter will be a freshman next year and I got the tryout packet on Thursday. Each cheerleader purchases a uniform package from Varsity totaling $1100 (although, it seems like we were told the packet number was somewhat higher than the actual cost at the meeting). I'm trying to not have a heart attack. It includes the uniform, 3 camp outfits, warm ups, fleece jacket, poms, back pack, and 2 pairs of shoes.
Yikes. There are so many things coaches can do to cut costs, it's sad that your daughter's coaches have made it so pricey!

Oh my! I did a very rough tally in my head as I read and do not see how they came to that price. Even pricing at the top price of what everything could cost, I don't know how they got to that price! I can't imagine the line of fire I would come under if I presented that to parents and our athletic director.

The one time we did have athletes purchase, it was a varsity package uniform. The bodysuit type. Packages have their advantages, however if you ever just need a top or just need a skirt, that package price is gone! The pricing also doesn't include any type of lettering.

Oh my! I did a very rough tally in my head as I read and do not see how they came to that price. Even pricing at the top price of what everything could cost, I don't know how they got to that price! I can't imagine the line of fire I would come under if I presented that to parents and our athletic director.

If my kid makes the team, I'll update you on exactly what I have to purchase. I know that we pay directly to Varsity, so the school isn't inflating the price or anything. Also, some of it must be reused, the returner price is $750. I do know they are changing the style of their tops, but keeping last year's skirt.

If my kid makes the team, I'll update you on exactly what I have to purchase. I know that we pay directly to Varsity, so the school isn't inflating the price or anything. Also, some of it must be reused, the returner price is $750. I do know they are changing the style of their tops, but keeping last year's skirt.
IMHO the returner price should be less than half of the first-year price.

I'm pretty sure it is, typically. I know that they are replacing their tops with a new design. (Thankfully, because I hated the prior look)
I do random uniform designs using high end vendors all the time, and I've tried to create expensive apparel sets and failed. IDK what your coach did to make it so pricey.

I do random uniform designs using high end vendors all the time, and I've tried to create expensive apparel sets and failed. IDK what your coach did to make it so pricey.

Dunno. Everything is through Varsity, that's all I know. But, a three day camp package is like $170 in their catalog, at least $109 for two pairs of shoes, warm ups could be $100+, $65 for a fleece jacket, bag and poms $50, plus skirt, top, whatever the underlayer is called...it doesn't seem that far off. I think they just order a LOT of stuff.

Eta: oh, and add 10% for sales tax, I bet. I doubt it's a tax-free purchase. Lol! (That would be included in the price, if it's taxable)

Dunno. Everything is through Varsity, that's all I know. But, a three day camp package is like $170 in their catalog, at least $109 for two pairs of shoes, warm ups could be $100+, $65 for a fleece jacket, bag and poms $50, plus skirt, top, whatever the underlayer is called...it doesn't seem that far off. I think they just order a LOT of stuff.

Eta: oh, and add 10% for sales tax, I bet. I doubt it's a tax-free purchase. Lol! (That would be included in the price, if it's taxable)
I've seen the camp wear in their catalog... I really don't think any HS team needs $20 shorts.

Last edited:
My cp's high school gets new uniforms every year, paid for by parents. She just had tryouts and the total estimate is $850 for everything. I have not gotten a cost break down yet but last time we did high school cheer it included all uniform pieces, shoes, poms, bag, warm-ups, bows, camp clothes...she also had an away game uniform that she returned at the end of the season. It all comes from Varsity, a deposit made on uniform fitting day, the rest in monthly payments. Cp said she doesn't think they get that away uniform again. Which is disappointing because it was gorgeous.

My cp's high school gets new uniforms every year, paid for by parents. She just had tryouts and the total estimate is $850 for everything. I have not gotten a cost break down yet but last time we did high school cheer it included all uniform pieces, shoes, poms, bag, warm-ups, bows, camp clothes...she also had an away game uniform that she returned at the end of the season. It all comes from Varsity, a deposit made on uniform fitting day, the rest in monthly payments. Cp said she doesn't think they get that away uniform again. Which is disappointing because it was gorgeous.
Intersting, I've never heard of that before.

Back