All-Star Whats Going On With All Star Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Veteran coaches I've talked to are sick of Worlds. I'm exhausted and our season is just now over so I don't see how they keep going.
They've told me they "have" to go bc of the business side of it. These are the reasons I've heard from them as to why they hate it:
1. They have solid, awesome L5 teams and those CPs will go..... With someone else if they have to, so u have to go to keep those kids.
2. It's ruined their l3 & l4 teams bc kids want to catapult straight to L5 as soon as they get their triple toe tuck (just an example of 1 skill required) and there's always a gym that will take them if their gym doesn't deem them ready.

Now those are only 2 reasons from about 4 coaches I've talked to that have brought teams to Worlds every year since it started. These coaches go every single year and have really really really good teams but have yet to win at Worlds.
It makes me sad to see the passion die bc it's strictly business.

YES AWESOME POINT! its sad t think a company could go under if they dont go to worlds.And we all know if a state has 6 teams going to worlds...what ever team gets the highest in placing..than thats the gym all the kids are going to flock to. LOL

I think this is a good idea...how about competitions stop giving out bids and actual judges give them out. Maybe a team can submit a video or get qualified from competitions by a judge? does this make scene??? Make it run more like a gymnastics worlds?

You complain about not enough level 5 teams at some competitions... and then too many at Worlds?

Worlds does have too many divisions, but that will fix itself in a few years. We will get where we need to be.

There are too many competitions in the US. Don't go to small or semi big. Go to just big. That trend has increased this year and the largest competitions have gotten bigger, and the not largest have gotten smaller. The industry itself will weed out the smaller comps.

You might want to take a quick look through the wiki and see what teams got their bid in the first 3 competitions and which teams didn't. Wow, "sowwy" ...Shotting Stars, you're not good enough according to the new "first three competitions rule" to go to Worlds. Better luck next year.

There are a LOT of big names that didn't get ANY kind of bid at the first 3 comps they went to (I don't know if WCSS got an at large or not, and it's 6:30 in the morning so I'm not going to go look. they were just an example because I remember they had a rocky start to the beginning of the season.) I know what you were trying to say, but it came out really rude so I'm calling you out on it. Basically you just want the big names that "belong" there to get bids and anyone else who has the audacity to actually try to achieve something higher than what you and Amanda deem them worthy of should just hang up their pompoms in January and give up?

I have to agree with @glitterdiva on this. Who are you to judge who is "awful"? I've seen some pretty...no, actually I've seen some reeeeeally awful performances from some really good teams. Teams that everyone says "belong" at Worlds. I'm sorry I agree with glitterdiva. If all the teams are there, and then you beat them all...THEN you are World champs. If you don't like "sitting through" them at Worlds, then only go to Day 2.

And I did read your whole post--but you did contradict yourself. On one hand you're saying that there are no Level 5 teams for you to show the kids at competitions. On the other hand you've said there are sooooooo many extra teams in Level 5 that don't belong there--they're only there to "chase bids" (meaning that they're running all over the country going to EVERY comp there is to try to score a bid). I know you're saying that they don't go to the local comps that aren't giving bids, but then you say they don't belong in Level 5 anyway--so why do you care if they're at local comps?

So you're mad that there are too many teams competing at Level 5 that suck and should be a lower level...and you're mad that there are no Level 5 teams for you to watch. Is this right?

Sorry if I sound snarky, but your post struck a nerve with me. You can't stand teams that try to go to worlds...I can't stand when people say someone doesn't "deserve" something.

I personal think you are RUDE! if you have nothing nice to say than please dont post here! All you did in this whole post was twist my words around to fit your negative vibe...take it as it is this is just MY opinion. I didn't ask for yours! Worlds is a joke now a days because of all the HORRIBLE teams there. and yes i said HORRIBLE i am not talking about the good ones that dropped, or got hurt, im talking about the ones who need to get better choreographers or drop to level 4! I know who they are and i know what teams are good but performed bad. theres a difference between a bad performance and a plain old Horrible routine! But thank you for all your kind worlds! Thank you for manipulating all my worlds! i had a great time please come back again!

You complain about not enough level 5 teams at some competitions... and then too many at Worlds?

Worlds does have too many divisions, but that will fix itself in a few years. We will get where we need to be.

There are too many competitions in the US. Don't go to small or semi big. Go to just big. That trend has increased this year and the largest competitions have gotten bigger, and the not largest have gotten smaller. The industry itself will weed out the smaller comps.

yes i sure did complain about that! do you need me to explain again why that makes me sad? Did my past post not make scene? Im confused..let me know if you need me to explain more in greater detail as to why this upsets me

yes i sure did complain about that! do you need me to explain again why that makes me sad? Did my past post not make scene? Im confused..let me know if you need me to explain more is greater detail as to why this upsets me

Sure. Why did it make scene? I see you complaining about things, but I don't think you know why they are the way they are.

if you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all HAHHAHA JP

It's a message board, you don't get to control the responses. You posted, now take the feedback.

The gymnastics gyms that have high caliber athletes are going to get more athletes. I can tell you for a fact that in the horse industry, whoever is training Maclay winners will get more riders. The successful barns have more horses in them. That's just the way it is. People will flock to where the trophies are. That's human nature. And, despite the number of Susie's mom-esque parents out there, new gyms are still getting started and flourishing. Personally, while world's teams are a nice perk, I am looking at a newer gym that only has level 1-3 right now, but those low-level teams are doing great in their divisions, and the videos I've seen look solid. I'm going to go where my son will get the best training. And by best, I don't learning fast. I mean that that back handspring is solid and perfect before the word layout even passes the coach's lips. If it means that my CP is staying level 2 or 3 for a loooooooong time, so be it. I know I'm not the only parent who feels that way.

There are a lot of reasons for a gym to go under, and while worlds may be a contributing factor, it's not the only one. How many coaches just start a gym because they love cheer, and have zero business sense? How many are not qualified? Don't recruit? Blaming it wholly on worlds isn't fair.

As an aside, you may wish to take a look at your spelling/grammar. It's very hard to fully pay attention to your message when I'm getting distracted by them. I'm by no means perfect, but I've had a difficult time with some of your posts.

But everyone can have an opinion and not be annoying and respond to every post as an attack.

Is this why people think the Fierce Board is mean? Because you can't just come on and express a grievance or opinion and whine about it? You actually have to ask questions, discuss, talk, and explain yourself without being on the attack?

It's a message board, you don't get to control the responses. You posted, now take the feedback.

The gymnastics gyms that have high caliber athletes are going to get more athletes. I can tell you for a fact that in the horse industry, whoever is training Maclay winners will get more riders. The successful barns have more horses in them. That's just the way it is. People will flock to where the trophies are. That's human nature. And, despite the number of Susie's mom-esque parents out there, new gyms are still getting started and flourishing. Personally, while world's teams are a nice perk, I am looking at a newer gym that only has level 1-3 right now, but those low-level teams are doing great in their divisions, and the videos I've seen look solid. I'm going to go where my son will get the best training. And by best, I don't learning fast. I mean that that back handspring is solid and perfect before the word layout even passes the coach's lips. If it means that my CP is staying level 2 or 3 for a loooooooong time, so be it. I know I'm not the only parent who feels that way.

There are a lot of reasons for a gym to go under, and while worlds may be a contributing factor, it's not the only one. How many coaches just start a gym because they love cheer, and have zero business sense? How many are not qualified? Don't recruit? Blaming it wholly on worlds isn't fair.

As an aside, you may wish to take a look at your spelling/grammar. It's very hard to fully pay attention to your message when I'm getting distracted by them. I'm by no means perfect, but I've had a difficult time with some of your posts.

They make perfect scene to me.

Sure. Why did it make scene? I see you complaining about things, but I don't think you know why they are the way they are.

1. There arent many level 5 teams at comps that dont offer bids. this makes me sad because i would have liked to show my 8 year old niece and my boyfriends 5 year old daughter, who cheer, what big teams look like.

2.YES there is way too many divisions at worlds! i dont think ineed to explain any more.
I hope it will be fixed one day and stay the same because like i said we need structure! LOL

these two subjects dont relate at all and can not be twisted and muniulated to fit each other...it doesnt make sense!One is taling about level 5 not being at comps that dont offer bids and number 2 is talking about too many level 5 at worlds...How in the worlds did you manage to combine the two and make them one? :eek:

Llike i said when i used to cheer those same comps were filled with them! "dont go small or semi big" my girls can only compete in comps their gym goes to silly! ;)

Is this why people think the Fierce Board is mean? Because you can't just come on and express a grievance or opinion and whine about it? You actually have to ask questions, discuss, talk, and explain yourself without being on the attack?
I mean I'm all for complaining and whining, but I'm the only one allowed to do it. And usually about teams I dont like.

Back