All-Star Whats Going On With All Star Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh, and @amanda , you cannot post on here and not expect to be picked apart. Everyone is, and you have to defend your opinion. So don't complain about it. Thanks.

Thank you. ;)

Does anyone feel as though WORLDS has made the AS cheerleading world a little crazy? I am very disappointed and feel saddend that competitions seem to only be about a race to worlds. I have many reasons as to why i feel this way...here they are. let me know if any of you agree...
I personal think you are RUDE! if you have nothing nice to say than please dont post here! All you did in this whole post was twist my words around to fit your negative vibe...take it as it is this is just MY opinion. I didn't ask for yours! Worlds is a joke now a days because of all the HORRIBLE teams there. and yes i said HORRIBLE i am not talking about the good ones that dropped, or got hurt, im talking about the ones who need to get better choreographers or drop to level 4! I know who they are and i know what teams are good but performed bad. theres a difference between a bad performance and a plain old Horrible routine! But thank you for all your kind worlds! Thank you for manipulating all my worlds! i had a great time please come back again!

Actually, you did ask for opinions. Re-read your first post. (I've bolded the parts where you asked us what we thought for you)

And stop getting so worked up. It's a message board. We all express opinions. One thing I've learned on here is that there's no reason to get so upset--just because we disagree on this one thing we may agree on 10 other things in other threads. As @kingston and I both pointed out you said 2 different things in your post--you don't think it's then fair for us to ask about it? If you didn't want anyone to disagree with you, then you should probably A) post this on Facebook where only your friends will comment or B) not start your post with "Does anyone feel..."

And I didn't "throw" Shooting Stars in your face. I actually quoted SOMEONE ELSE when I posted about them, and all I was saying was not even the GREATEST teams always get bids in the first 3 competitions of the season.

And last of all, you may want to just lurk around some of these threads and you'll see we DON'T call teams horrible on here. Maybe on other boards they do, but people on here don't take too kindly to people referring to KIDS that work hard as "horrible". And if you're going to say things like that, be prepared for people to jump all over you. If you look around you'll see I'm actually one of the more tactful people on here when it comes to disagreeing.

Thanks, and I will come again.

1. There arent many level 5 teams at comps that dont offer bids. this makes me sad because i would have liked to show my 8 year old niece and my boyfriends 5 year old daughter, who cheer, what big teams look like.

2.YES there is way too many divisions at worlds! i dont think ineed to explain any more.
I hope it will be fixed one day and stay the same because like i said we need structure! LOL

these two subjects dont relate at all and can not be twisted and muniulated to fit each other...it doesnt make sense!One is taling about level 5 not being at comps that dont offer bids and number 2 is talking about too many level 5 at worlds...How in the worlds did you manage to combine the two and make them one? :eek:

Llike i said when i used to cheer those same comps were filled with them! "dont go small or semi big" my girls can only compete in comps their gym goes to silly! ;)

Well, cheerleading has evolved quite a lot since you competed.

The issue is less that level 5 teams chase bids. It is more that there are too many cheer competitions. If your gym attended events that passed out bids, you would get to watch large teams. If less people attended the smaller events, the large events would have bids, plenty of teams in every division. If you are upset with the events your gym attends, change gyms.

amanda said:
take it as it is this is just MY opinion. I didn't ask for yours!

This is actually a discussion board where people can come to discuss their opinions. You got to say yours, and just like any discussion, someone else gets to say theirs. It's called conversation!

2. I feel as though because level 5 is the team every gym wants to have...level 4 has been slowly disintegrating. You will see a lot of gyms have multiple level 5 and level 3 teams but only 1 or no level 4! So again...no big girl teams and not a lot of level 4 teams out there anymore.

3. AND oh man worlds....I have to filter through all the horrible and sloppy teams just to see the teams that belong there. Gyms now a days are running around to numerous competitions just to get a "partial paid bid" wouldn't you think if the first 2-3 comps you didn't get one than you don't belong? That is my biggest pet peeve...seeing teams on TV or DVD at worlds that i have to close my eyes n fast forward through. I think UG how did this team get here?

# of Senior 4 teams at Cheersport Nationals: 47 (includes all senior level 4 divisions)
# of Senior 4 teams at NCA Nationals: 62 (includes all senior level 4 divisions)

I would consider this a lot of Senior level 4 teams. Honestly, I consider your concern on #2 null and void.

Also, have you ever watched ALL of worlds? Yes, there are phenomenal athletes there (same as at worlds), but some of those athletes have really bad days too (same at worlds). Have you ever been on a team that did amazing at one nationals, but choked at the one that counts? I think everyone has been in that situation at some point. It sucks - bad. Same thing happens at worlds. People make mistakes, someone could have gotten hurt, someone on the team could be sick so they aren't 100%, and someone may have just let the nerves get to them. We all have those days. . .and with a lot of teams at worlds comes a lot of teams that have those days too.

MY gym attend the big ones but my kids are on half year teams..they would never bring a half year program to compete against whole year teams...in fact my gym comes in top 5 at worlds in multiple divisions. one division coming in top 2. Im not against worlds im just against the way it changed the AS cheerleading world. I feel as though it changed to for the negative. Who would of thought a gym COULD go under because they dont go to worlds? Never in my mildest dreams...its just stinky and i hope one day it will be more structured and harder to go to worlds..that to me would be more exiting

Just because someone on a message board says "That's a fact" or "It's the truth" doesn't mean it actually is. That's just someone's random take on the situation.
I don't think its a big deal that smaller competitions don't get the true level 5 teams. That's usually what happens at smaller competitions anyways. Its usually the bigger ones that hand out bids, and the bigger ones that good teams will pay money and put the effort in to go to. As it should be.
I also don't think gyms without a level 5 worlds team will go under. Ours doesn't, and nobody seems to mind. Ideally we would like one, but only when we have the skill to do so. Which is what I think amanda was saying anyways.
I do agree that in order for cheerleading to become an actual sport, or close to the olympics, we need structure....we would need an actual governing body that all competitions and teams would be required to follow....although, I wonder if this would succeed in restricting our sport in ways we may not like....who knows.

That's all just my opinion, based on my experiences.

# of Senior 4 teams at Cheersport Nationals: 47 (includes all senior level 4 divisions)
# of Senior 4 teams at NCA Nationals: 62 (includes all senior level 4 divisions)

I would consider this a lot of Senior level 4 teams. Honestly, I consider your concern on #2 null and void.

Also, have you ever watched ALL of worlds? Yes, there are phenomenal athletes there (same as at worlds), but some of those athletes have really bad days too (same at worlds). Have you ever been on a team that did amazing at one nationals, but choked at the one that counts? I think everyone has been in that situation at some point. It sucks - bad. Same thing happens at worlds. People make mistakes, someone could have gotten hurt, someone on the team could be sick so they aren't 100%, and someone may have just let the nerves get to them. We all have those days. . .and with a lot of teams at worlds comes a lot of teams that have those days too.

please read my past posts about "horrible" teams at worlds...you mite understand a little more on what i meant my dear

Right. I know off the top of my head that
World cup has both a junior and a senior level 4 team, plus a 4.2
Maryland Twisters had a coed 4, sr 4, jr 4,
GA has a jr 4 and a sr 4 (last year had 2 senior 4s)

Rocket elite at one point had a sm sr 4, lg sr 4, and a jr 4

Just because someone on a message board says "That's a fact" or "It's the truth" doesn't mean it actually is. That's just someone's random take on the situation.
I don't think its a big deal that smaller competitions don't get the true level 5 teams. That's usually what happens at smaller competitions anyways. Its usually the bigger ones that hand out bids, and the bigger ones that good teams will pay money and put the effort in to go to. As it should be.
I also don't think gyms without a level 5 worlds team will go under. Ours doesn't, and nobody seems to mind. Ideally we would like one, but only when we have the skill to do so. Which is what I think amanda was saying anyways.
I do agree that in order for cheerleading to become an actual sport, or close to the olympics, we need structure....we would need an actual governing body that all competitions and teams would be required to follow....although, I wonder if this would succeed in restricting our sport in ways we may not like....who knows.

That's all just my opinion, based on my experiences.

yeah USASF tried this but it doesn't seem to be working in the way i thought it would...you know? maybe one day....somewhere over the rain bow LOL

Dear @amanda ... tone it down or youre going to have a lot of enemies pretty fast

I'm afraid that ship has sailed.:rolleyes:

It's a message board, you don't get to control the responses. You posted, now take the feedback.

As an aside, you may wish to take a look at your spelling/grammar. It's very hard to fully pay attention to your message when I'm getting distracted by them. I'm by no means perfect, but I've had a difficult time with some of your posts.

I couldn't shimmy more than once, so I re-posted it instead. :D

Right. I know off the top of my head that
World cup has both a junior and a senior level 4 team, plus a 4.2
Maryland Twisters had a coed 4, sr 4, jr 4,
GA has a jr 4 and a sr 4 (last year had 2 senior 4s)

Rocket elite at one point had a sm sr 4, lg sr 4, and a jr 4

why i the world are you guys naming the top gyms and competitions? do me a favor and give yourself some real competition and take a look at come other gyms and competitions for crying out loud HAHHAHH too funny

Does anyone feel as though WORLDS has made the AS cheerleading world a little crazy? I am very disappointed and feel saddend that competitions seem to only be about a race to worlds. I have many reasons as to why i feel this way...here they are. let me know if any of you agree...

1. I have been to 4 competitions this past month. Both have been local and semi big competitions. In total i have only seen at the most 5 (FIVE) level 5 teams. (thats all in total some comps didnt even have 1) I remember when these same competitions were filled with high level teams back when i used to compete. I was soo sad i couldnt show my niece and my boyfriends daughter what the "big girl" teams look like and how cool they are. Level 5 was pretty much non existent because they dont waist their time and money going to comps that don't offer bids....so sad

2. I feel as though because level 5 is the team every gym wants to have...level 4 has been slowly disintegrating. You will see a lot of gyms have multiple level 5 and level 3 teams but only 1 or no level 4! So again...no big girl teams and not a lot of level 4 teams out there anymore.

3. AND oh man worlds....I have to filter through all the horrible and sloppy teams just to see the teams that belong there. Gyms now a days are running around to numerous competitions just to get a "partial paid bid" wouldn't you think if the first 2-3 comps you didn't get one than you don't belong? That is my biggest pet peeve...seeing teams on TV or DVD at worlds that i have to close my eyes n fast forward through. I think UG how did this team get here?

4. I loved the first 2 years of worlds when there weren't a million gyms there and 10 divisions. it seems like every gym that has level 5 is at worlds...not that fun to me. How can you be a world champion when only competing against 11 teams and there is 10 different divisions? maybe if they did a Grand Champion and that would be the "world" champion? IDK i just don't get it

5. what happened to large senior 5 and large senior coed? I hate this...I want my Cheer Athletics, SOT, ACE and my Top Gun back! I understand gyms dont stay the same every year...but i feel as though Worlds plays a big part in the deciding factor of what teams and levels a gym will have.

look at dance worlds...its the same divisions very year
and there's only 4 divisions. NOT TEN LOL and to think next year is going to be even bigger with the "medium" and even more awesome teams dropping down and braking up teams to send multiple teams. BUMMER

BUT don't get me wrong i love worlds I think its a great idea but maybe got a little out of hand. It just doesn't seem like WORLDS to me anymore. Its more like one BIG GIANT completion.

I think that any sport has an "APEX"...or an final goal to reach....I think cheerleading is evolving so quickly and growing so fast that it can't possibly please everyone. I have one daughter that is going to Worlds and one daughter who is on an Open 5 and too young...so we set different goals for her and her team and try to make it exciting and rewarding for them while they "wait" their turn.....we just do the best we can do because there will always be a bar set and the ones under are never very happy....it helps to just be happy where you are and find joy in this amazing sport....IMO.....:)

Having too many teams at worlds wasn't my concern. it was having too many awful teams there that i cant stand. Just like any other competition...i cant stand it when a team is i n a level they don't belong in just so they can call themselves "A level 5 worlds team" If you would read more into my post instead of reading just what you wanted to read you would see there was WAY more that just complaining about "too many teams". So try opening your eyes and ears and take the post as it is..not what you wanted it to be.
My "dear," when did I say horrible in my previous post, or even awful? You made it pretty clear here. Having too many "awful" teams at worlds is what you can't stand. You keep saying "if you would read more into my post..." but your post isn't deep enough to read between the lines or anything. There's nothing else to read other than what you actually type. Like I said teams have really bad days at any competition.
Some gymnasts at worlds also have bad days too. It happens in any sport.

why i the world are you guys naming the top gyms and competitions? do me a favor and give yourself some real competition and take a look at come other gyms and competitions for crying out loud HAHHAHH too funny
If i wasn't at work i would pull the schedules for the last 5 competitions i went to. But i names them because they have MULTIPLE level 4 teams.

But anyway, i'm pretty sure there were more level 4 teams this weekend at reach the beach then level 5s.

Also in NJ, there are ALWAYS more level 4 teams at competitions then level 5 teams.

Side note, you're annoying

My "dear," when did I say horrible in my previous post, or even awful? You made it pretty clear here. Having too many "awful" teams at worlds is what you can't stand. You keep saying "if you would read more into my post..." but your post isn't deep enough to read between the lines or anything. There's nothing else to read other than what you actually type. Like I said teams have really bad days at any competition.
Some gymnasts at worlds also have bad days too. It happens in any sport.

please read my other post maybe on page 1 about horrible teams...trust me it will make more sense...

Back