All-Star Whats Going On With All Star Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone feel as though WORLDS has made the AS cheerleading world a little crazy? I am very disappointed and feel saddend that competitions seem to only be about a race to worlds. I have many reasons as to why i feel this way...here they are. let me know if any of you agree...
3. AND oh man worlds....I have to filter through all the horrible and sloppy teams just to see the teams that belong there. Gyms now a days are running around to numerous competitions just to get a "partial paid bid" wouldn't you think if the first 2-3 comps you didn't get one than you don't belong? That is my biggest pet peeve...seeing teams on TV or DVD at worlds that i have to close my eyes n fast forward through. I think UG how did this team get here?

those teams that "dont belong" have worked their butts off just like every other team if they got a bid they get a chance to go thats just fair, how else do you think they got the bid? and just because they got an at large bid doesnt mean anything, yes they probably wont WIN but worlds isnt just about winning its about growing as an athlete. I was never exposed to the big teams until i went to world with my team that "didnt belong" and yes we didnt win so what? i had a blast and grew as a cheerleader. i have become a better athlete and it taught me to aim higher. And watch out those "awful" teams you talk about, one day might actually beat a team that is amazing with a known name. (2009 worlds... that happened alot, just saying)

MY gym attend the big ones but my kids are on half year teams..they would never bring a half year program to compete against whole year teams...in fact my gym comes in top 5 at worlds in multiple divisions. one division coming in top 2. Im not against worlds im just against the way it changed the AS cheerleading world. I feel as though it changed to for the negative. Who would of thought a gym COULD go under because they dont go to worlds? Never in my mildest dreams...its just stinky and i hope one day it will be more structured and harder to go to worlds..that to me would be more exiting

So you are frustrated with the fact that your 2 kids that are on half year teams and do not go to large competitions do not get to see the big name gyms level 5 teams because the big name teams don't attend small events?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

If i wasn't at work i would pull the schedules for the last 5 competitions i went to. But i names them because they have MULTIPLE level 4 teams.

But anyway, i'm pretty sure there were more level 4 teams this weekend at reach the beach then level 5s.

Also in NJ, there are ALWAYS more level 4 teams at competitions then level 5 teams.

Side note, you're annoying

WOW great job NJ! im very happy for you and sooo proud! great job NJ ;)

So you are frustrated with the fact that your 2 kids that are on half year teams and do not go to large competitions do not get to see the big name gyms level 5 teams because the big name teams don't attend small events?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

one was small the rest were i guess you can call it semi big only because it doesn't offer a bid? WSF and NECA were big to me when worlds first started...not any more because they dont give out bids. As a matter f a FACT WSF had a big gym go and was on the line up but at the very last minute dropped out because their level 5 team dint get a bid from their comp that was just 3 days earlier. I was exited to see that gym and compete against them...but because of worlds they dropped out and went else where.

Worlds is a joke now a days because of all the HORRIBLE teams there. and yes i said HORRIBLE i am not talking about the good ones that dropped, or got hurt, im talking about the ones who need to get better choreographers or drop to level 4! I know who they are and i know what teams are good but performed bad. theres a difference between a bad performance and a plain old Horrible routine!
I have read all your posts, including this one. Every competition has many teams with bad choreography, or weak skills. I know I have always watched the olympics for sports like gymnastics, swimming and track (both long distance and sprints). There are always competitiors that make you wonder "how the heck did they get to the olympics?" Ofcoarse, these same "horrible" athletes could still beat me in swimming, gymnastics, or running any day, but compared to the top tier athletes, they look awful. Same thing happens at worlds.

And since when is worlds a joke? I have NEVER heard anyone say that about worlds. And please don't refer me to your posts again. I have read all of them.

I have read all your posts, including this one. Every competition has many teams with bad choreography, or weak skills. I know I have always watched the olympics for sports like gymnastics, swimming and track (both long distance and sprints). There are always competitiors that make you wonder "how the heck did they get to the olympics?" Ofcoarse, these same "horrible" athletes could still beat me in swimming, gymnastics, or running any day, but compared to the top tier athletes, they look awful. Same thing happens at worlds.

And since when is worlds a joke? I have NEVER heard anyone say that about worlds. And please don't refer me to your posts again. I have read all of them.

i have never seen a bad person or team at the Olympics so your scenario isn't working on me. Worlds to me is a joke! Now you can say you have heard someone say that!

i have never seen a bad person or team at the Olympics so your scenario isn't working on me. Worlds to me is a joke! Now you can ay you have heard someone say that!

Have you been to the Olympics? Because I'm sure just like Worlds they don't televise EVERY SINGLE ATHLETE that goes. Even if they televise a whole day of one sport you will 1)still not see every athlete, and 2) probably not watch the whole day. If you actually went, you'd see "awful" athletes there too.

i have never seen a bad person or team at the Olympics so your scenario isn't working on me. Worlds to me is a joke! Now you can ay you have heard someone say that!
Let me clarify then, now I can say that someone with no valid points says that worlds is a joke. And I'm just comparing the athletes at the Olympics to other athletes in their division at the Olympics. They don't look good compared to the top tier, but they look amazing compared to average people like me.
I'm glad that worlds to you is a joke, maybe I won't ever see you there.

Let me clarify then, now I can say that someone with no valid points says that worlds is a joke. And I'm just comparing the athletes at the Olympics to other athletes in their division at the Olympics. They don't look good compared to the top tier, but they look amazing compared to average people like me.
I'm glad that worlds to you is a joke, maybe I won't ever see you there.

OK AGAIN read all of my posts and you will see all the reasons why i think worlds is a joke...My dear...unless you want me to retype everything i have already said. SILLY
IT DOESNT NEED TO BE CLARIFIED!

WOW great job NJ! im very happy for you and sooo proud! great job NJ ;)
Also I see you are from NH.
So Athletic Championships is a big competition in your area. and there were 18 senior 4 teams. to me that seems like a decent # compared to 21 level 5 teams

OK AGAIN read all of my posts and you will see all the reasons why i think worlds is a joke...My dear...unless you want me to retype everything i have already said. SILLY
IT DOESNT NEED TO BE CLARIFIED!
I have read all of your posts over and over again searching for something valid. Just because I don't agree with your reasons at all, doesn't mean that I can't read and understand words. I just don't agree with them at all. You can retype all you want till your fingers bleed, I won't agree with it.

Back