All-Star Whats Going On With All Star Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i have never seen a bad person or team at the Olympics so your scenario isn't working on me. Worlds to me is a joke! Now you can say you have heard someone say that!

The Jamaican Bobsleigh team.

@amanda

My questions is why did you expect to see a lot of level 5 teams at a competition in New England? (assuming you went somewhere local...) What competition did you go to?

I never even thought of that!

Im on a IOC5 team and we would love to go to all of the little comps and get more floor time/experience. But we all have our own bills to pay and its just not financially feasible.

Gyms are now shopping around for comps that are cost effective, and are only going to comps that they really need to go to.

Amanda, people are so ridiculously rude on here...

She obviously doesn't care how proper her grammar is, so if you're all going to waste your time telling her to "fix" it, then go ahead...maybe that will make you feel a little better about yourselves? Idk...

Worlds has changed...because it's supposed to be the best of the best teams in the world...plain and simple... and now it just seems if there is a decent level 5 team, they will probably go.. Worlds is nothing like it used to be. And that's just awful about gyms going under because they don't have a level 5 worlds team! What is that all about?!

Okay I just have to say that this thread is making me really sad. Not only because of how much petty arguing is going on around here, but because people feel the need to keep nitpicking at all the negative aspects of the cheer world. C'mon everyone, can't we just enjoy cheering for what it is- the sport we all know and love?!

Amanda, people are so ridiculously rude on here...

She obviously doesn't care how proper her grammar is, so if you're all going to waste your time telling her to "fix" it, then go ahead...maybe that will make you feel a little better about yourselves? Idk...

Worlds has changed...because it's supposed to be the best of the best teams in the world...plain and simple... and now it just seems if there is a decent level 5 team, they will probably go.. Worlds is nothing like it used to be. And that's just awful about gyms going under because they don't have a level 5 worlds team! What is that all about?!

I normally NEVER pick on people's grammar on here because I usually can see past it to get to their point. But I pointed hers out because it was absolutely atrocious and I was having a hard time even understanding her at times.

And I find it humorous that you think we're rude because we disagreed with her. The funniest part is that the rudest posts on this thread are from Amanda, queen of the exclamation point. I think most of us were very tactful, given how over the top she is with the over-excited, rude, condescending posts. Calling people "my dear" is a little condescending, no? How are we rude because we made arguments against what she said? Disagreeing is not rude. Calling people "my dear" and calling teams HORRIBLE in all caps is rude.

All I'll tell you is when it comes to the Fierce Board...be careful who you ally yourself with. You'll notice she disappeared after she realized she had no comebacks other than a bunch of exclamation points with the word HORRIBLE in every sentence. Notice how she gave up on actually discussing her point at about page 2? That's because she didn't have a point--other than to start trouble.

No I think you're rude because you made fun of her. Clearly. And "I'm calling you out on it". It's people like you that make others not even bother to respond to threads like this. She didn't just "disappear" because she gave up. She stopped responding because of you. I know how a cheerleading board works and I know that not everyone is going to agree together. But when someone like you can sit there and keep on making fun of someone, that is what makes me very angry. Oh and did I mention shes my sister? So don't tell me "be careful who you ally yourself with". What is everyone going to hate me because I agree with someone who you don't agree with on FIERCE BOARD? Really?? I'm not on here to make friends, I'm on here because I am obsessed with cheerleading. So do us a favor and try and be just a little bit nicer.

its fine if you dont agree....its fine if I think worlds is a joke...its fine! the world is not coming t0 an end. lets not get upset over it....

I believe this was on page 4 just-a-mom...the rest of the pages i just chose to ignore you..i didn't give up...just stopped replying to your nonsense. This is a cheer board..i could care less what you all think of me..really..get a grip. Im not here to "ally" with people. i am here to speak my opinion not to stuck up to ppl n agree wit what all the "cool" people and all the high "shimmy" people say...this isnt high school and last i knew there were no "allies"
Arent you a mom? how old are you?

I normally NEVER pick on people's grammar on here because I usually can see past it to get to their point. But I pointed hers out because it was absolutely atrocious and I was having a hard time even understanding her at times.

And I find it humorous that you think we're rude because we disagreed with her. The funniest part is that the rudest posts on this thread are from Amanda, queen of the exclamation point. I think most of us were very tactful, given how over the top she is with the over-excited, rude, condescending posts. Calling people "my dear" is a little condescending, no? How are we rude because we made arguments against what she said? Disagreeing is not rude. Calling people "my dear" and calling teams HORRIBLE in all caps is rude.

All I'll tell you is when it comes to the Fierce Board...be careful who you ally yourself with. You'll notice she disappeared after she realized she had no comebacks other than a bunch of exclamation points with the word HORRIBLE in every sentence. Notice how she gave up on actually discussing her point at about page 2? That's because she didn't have a point--other than to start trouble.

GROW UP i have 2 kids and a full time job..sorry it took me a while to get back to you my dear! Again "no come backs" how old are you mommy? This is getting a little..no wait..a lot...wait...very immature and sorry i fell into your trap of acting like a child...

I dont think any serious team would drop down a level just so they could win. Reaching for the stars is what cheer is all about!

Veteran coaches I've talked to are sick of Worlds. I'm exhausted and our season is just now over so I don't see how they keep going.
They've told me they "have" to go bc of the business side of it. These are the reasons I've heard from them as to why they hate it:
1. They have solid, awesome L5 teams and those CPs will go..... With someone else if they have to, so u have to go to keep those kids.
2. It's ruined their l3 & l4 teams bc kids want to catapult straight to L5 as soon as they get their triple toe tuck (just an example of 1 skill required) and there's always a gym that will take them if their gym doesn't deem them ready.

it is sad how true this is...my gym does have a team going to worlds, IOC5, but they dont go with the intention of winning, they go for the experience, which i think a lot of gyms do...however, going back to what you said, it is amazing how many kids (and their parents) think that if they can get 1 level 5 tumbling skill, they should be on a level 5 team...they dont realize that there is more to being a level 5 athlete than throwing certain tumbling skills...i coach level 3, and i had soooo many kids who were working their level 5 tumbling because they want to be on a level 5 team for this upcoming season, and i would not understand it because they dont even have their level 3 skills perfected! it took away from our level 3 team because too many kids were concentrating on everything level 5, before even worrying about mastering all of the lower level skills! it drives me crazy!

Back