What's In Your Comp Bag?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mini sewing kit, def stain remover, charger, hair bands, and lots and lots of glitter. My CP can never have too much glitter lol!

I always have to have two red gummy bears before I head to warm-ups (superstitions), so I always have at least two good-sized bags. I have a "confidence kit" given to me by a former coach for a little morale boost. I always carry my lipstick and a compact mirror in my bag for quick lip fixes before I perform. Also, I keep a picture of my dad in my bag. It reminds me that wherever I am he is always watching me do what I love.

I tend to carry a million bandaids on me. I always have coaches asking if anyone has extras. I also carry a tiny container of Vaseline. The one that's like the size of a quarter. My younger athletes sometimes have chapped lips (to the point where all around their lips are red & cracked). Parents never put Chapstick on their kids before comp.

Watch what your kids are bringing with them- a lot of times you have to leave your bag & it could get stolen

Watch what your kids are bringing with them- a lot of times you have to leave your bag & it could get stolen

ugh! Lilbear brought her tablet and ipod into the last comp without me knowing it! I wanted to kill her -lol! an extra few hundred dollars of electronics was the last thing I felt like dealing while we were there LOL!

Thanks for these ideas. I had a little sewing kit and a cell phone charger this past weekend at the competition, but I'll be bringing bandaids and Vaseline to the next one.

Ok so I thought this would be the best place to ask since its about cheer bags and what not

How do you get bows onto your bags?! Do you just loop it on using the bows own elastic or is there an actual trick to this? I'm talking about the big "comp" bows not the key ringed one

Ok so I thought this would be the best place to ask since its about cheer bags and what not

How do you get bows onto your bags?! Do you just loop it on using the bows own elastic or is there an actual trick to this? I'm talking about the big "comp" bows not the key ringed one

zip ties

no that would ruin the elastic from the bow... @mamabear mentioned zip ties which is a good one... I used pipe cleaners (saw it on a youtube video) makes it easier for CP to switch bows out whenever she wants...

I have so many empty water bottles and then advil, braces, icy hot, etc. Pretty much prepared for any kind of accident at practice

In my daughter's cheer bag; we always have her teasing brush, a paddle brush, silicone hair ties, regular hair ties, bobby pins, Big Sexy Hair hairspray, extra socks, all of her competition make-up, my wallet so I don't have to carry my purse that day, ibuprofen, aspercream (for any emergency aches), snack, water. There's probably more that I'm forgetting but that's the gist. I am now going to add a Tide pen. Great suggestion!

As a coach, I tend to have the whole house in my bag! Paracetamol, make up wipes, eyelash glue, sports drinks, hairspray, straighteners, phone charger... I even have spare socks!! You will not believe how many girls will come in black socks when we've told them over and over to wear white socks.

Thank you for all the suggestions. We are new to the world of cheer and I never would have thought if many of these things.

On YouTube there are about 10-15 vids (that's I've found/viewed) in emergency kits. I personally keep one in my bag they're amazing and it stops you from digging through your entire bag to find you Chapatick or something. I have two. One for comp one for training :)

There also two post on here one was started by me (cause I didn't know there was already a thread <whoops>) and the other is an article on what you should have.

Amazing things I reckon they'd be excellent for parents to have at comps

Back