OT What's Your Recurring Dream(s)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
May 29, 2014
What dream do you dream about the most? Do you have one or do you have many? This doesn't have to be cheer related just dreams in general.

Here's Mine.
1. I always dream about being in an elevator. It could be going down fast. Or have no floor. Sometimes it goes up and down and side to side. Once I had in real life stayed at hotel that had 20 floors. I was staying on the third floor and that thing was super fast. The rest of my stay I took the stairs.

2. I'm always going on vacation and I'm not ready. I'm leaving that day and I'm not packed. I'm always looking for things to pack.

What dream do you dream about the most? Do you have one or do you have many? This doesn't have to be cheer related just dreams in general.

Here's Mine.
1. I always dream about being in an elevator. It could be going down fast. Or have no floor. Sometimes it goes up and down and side to side. Once I had in real life stayed at hotel that had 20 floors. I was staying on the third floor and that thing was super fast. The rest of my stay I took the stairs.

2. I'm always going on vacation and I'm not ready. I'm leaving that day and I'm not packed. I'm always looking for things to pack.

I know the dream that i´ve forgotten something. Maybe i dream about this because i feel like this in real life a lot. Always double checking if i have everything. :D

I'm being chased by really, really bad guys (think James Bond movie). Sometimes I'm captured and have to choose which of my kids gets to live and sometimes I manage to escape on a speed boat.

The other one is me reliving my wedding but the people involved aren't always the right ones.

For a few nights in a row once I had a dream that I would go on a site called gameinitial.com (is that even a real domain?) and get sucked into a computer game that looked kind of like Super Mario Bros, but vertical. It was a really fun falling dream. I've also had dreams about being in the game Toontown (old Disney game that I used to play obsessively). I would walk into cog factories and everything and wake up in a euphoric state. I tend to have nightmares when I nod off into a light sleep in bed. The good dreams come with deep sleep. My favorite dreams are the ones in which I walk into a grocery store and eat everything without paying for it, the ones in which I plan a party, and the ones in which I have to run and hide or pack my things and leave my house as soon as possible. Has anyone here ever tried lucid dreaming?

I also forgot Harry Potter-themed dreams. :D

Hey People, I need to get this off my chest, NOW! My husband and I had a date night and was so excited to see that new James Brown BioPic - Get on Up! This movie is a MAJOR disappointment and I will proclaim this movie the worse BioPic movie I ever watched. It appears that the people who put this crap together did not do any research about this man - I will simply say the production crew knew very little about James Brown and but worse, failed to talk to any family and/or close friends who knew this man. The movie spent to0 much time showing James Brown's performing, but very little time developing his story line, which most people going to this movie wants to know. If I had wanted to see concert footage of James Brown, I would have bought videos of his performances. I sat through a 2 hour movie and learned nothing about this artist, the screenwriter skimmed over every major events in James Brown's existence - who was his parents-they were shown on screen but I do not even know their names, his aunt-she supposed to had played huge role in his life, the screenwriter skimmed over her role in his life and to be honest, I do even remember her name. Most important point, the movie spent a great deal of time showing James Brown performing, but little amount of time developing the story line of what inspired his music. The movie showed James Brown having little contact with the church, but yet many of the chords in his music is derived from the church. There are so many areas that I can point out that was wrong with this BioPic, it definitely cannot be put in the same category of a movie like 'Ray'.
Frankly, I HATE going to a BioPic and leaving the theatre more confuse about the subject that the movie is about! My husband and I wanted to leave 10 minutes into the movie, but stayed hoping the movie will get on track or better and plus, we sat in the middle seats and did not want to wrestle to get out the theatre, I truly felt like a captive audience and not in a good way.

Hey People, I need to get this off my chest, NOW! My husband and I had a date night and was so excited to see that new James Brown BioPic - Get on Up! This movie is a MAJOR disappointment and I will proclaim this movie the worse BioPic movie I ever watched. It appears that the people who put this crap together did not do any research about this man - I will simply say the production crew knew very little about James Brown and but worse, failed to talk to any family and/or close friends who knew this man. The movie spent to0 much time showing James Brown's performing, but very little time developing his story line, which most people going to this movie wants to know. If I had wanted to see concert footage of James Brown, I would have bought videos of his performances. I sat through a 2 hour movie and learned nothing about this artist, the screenwriter skimmed over every major events in James Brown's existence - who was his parents-they were shown on screen but I do not even know their names, his aunt-she supposed to had played huge role in his life, the screenwriter skimmed over her role in his life and to be honest, I do even remember her name. Most important point, the movie spent a great deal of time showing James Brown performing, but little amount of time developing the story line of what inspired his music. The movie showed James Brown having little contact with the church, but yet many of the chords in his music is derived from the church. There are so many areas that I can point out that was wrong with this BioPic, it definitely cannot be put in the same category of a movie like 'Ray'.
Frankly, I HATE going to a BioPic and leaving the theatre more confuse about the subject that the movie is about! My husband and I wanted to leave 10 minutes into the movie, but stayed hoping the movie will get on track or better and plus, we sat in the middle seats and did not want to wrestle to get out the theatre, I truly felt like a captive audience and not in a good way.

Sorry this rant was suppose to be in the new random thread, Oops!

Sorry this rant was suppose to be in the new random thread, Oops!
lol its okay. Now I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

Rowling. Sorry, my mind completed that. :oops:

@pebbles49 I loved 'Ray'! I killed me to see the drowning scene, that must have been a horrific thing for Ray to experience.

Yes, that scene in my opinion set the background of why 'Ray' became the man he was and I understood better why he was so driven, even though the movie did not show Ray Charles in church, I came to the conclusion as a youth, he grew up in the church based on the outpouring of support that his mother received at his brother's funeral. The scriptwriters for 'Ray' biopic definitely did they research and even the small events in this great artist's life were seamlessly developed and the viewers of the movie learned a lot from what drove this artist, especially, what inspired his music. 'Ray' show you how he was taught to played the piano and even showed the viewers his strong developed sense of hearing, when he was explaining to his wife how he was able to zero into her singing within a group and how 'Ray' was able to hear the bird outside the restaurant. After that scene, I was like, "wow" he lost 1 sense, but the other senses kicked into overdrive.
However, the 'James Brown' biopic, I felt like the production crew were on crack when they put this story together and I would not even advise anyone to purchase the DVD, I say wait until it comes on TV. In this biopic, James Brown went from never singing or playing any instruments to being a genius in all areas of music and stage productions, okay, when did this happened, no development at all.
I am going to get off my soapbox, but I was truly upset that everything about this artist's life seems to be in shambles even after death.

I have two (other than cheer and I posted that one in the cheer nightmares thread).
In one there is an outbreak of tornadoes and I can't warn all of my family in time.
In the other I'm driving up an incline so steep that my car flips over backwards.

Both dreams scare me silly!

I have two (other than cheer and I posted that one in the cheer nightmares thread).
In one there is an outbreak of tornadoes and I can't warn all of my family in time.
In the other I'm driving up an incline so steep that my car flips over backwards.

Both dreams scare me silly!
I too have driving up a steep hill. I don't flip over but its so steep I'm almost lying down.

I'm always packing and miss the big event. Worst one was when I was frantically packing a diaper bag for the second coming of Christ (yep, the actual rapture). I missed it. :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
@Hodiestoe and I are sitting on the couch laughing out loud at this one!

I have 4 of them:

1. I have the same elevator dream! Always going all over - side to side, up/down, sometimes it even flips around, like an amusement park ride. I hate it!

2. Either my teeth fall out or I have a huge wad of gum in my mouth. Either way, my mouth is completely full, and I can't spit it all out, no matter how hard I try. (I haaaaaate this dream, and have it all the time!)

3. I'm on a plane (like a big passenger jet) that is sort of half flying, half driving. Over hills, and all over the place. We always see another plane crash and are kind of weirded out by it, but never scared. :eek:

4. Sort of like the packing for vacation one that y'all have. I'm waiting tables, but I never actually get anything done. I'll have about 4 tables, and I'm moving at normal speed... But I never get anyone anything. A whole shift goes by, and my tables never even get drinks! I just keep working and working, but never get anywhere.

I bet a therapist would have a field day with these... :confused::confused::confused:

Back