All-Star Worlds Stories

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I the only one who finds it annoying that CA wildcats decided to do all these things for Omar, when they haven't even heard of him? I mean I didn't know him but our gym is wry close to top guns gym so yeah I mean I can understand why thunder would do that but CA? I don't know...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Am I the only one who finds it annoying that CA wildcats decided to do all these things for Omar, when they haven't even heard of him? I mean I didn't know him but our gym is wry close to top guns gym so yeah I mean I can understand why thunder would do that but CA? I don't know...

The fact that you would be annoyed by an act of kindness is very disturbing. Good luck to you and your program this next season!

yes you are. if you find it "annoying", I really feel bad for you because you honestly lack a heart.

To the person who said they are annoyed at wildcats and said they didn't know him, everyone in the cheer world did. I'm from Australia and I knew about the whole thing, I think a highly populated gym in the same country would know about him.
It was an enormous act of kindness and respect. Maybe you need to look at yourself before being annoyed at another club for doing something like wildcats did.

I was in the cafeteria and some blonde chick from CA or SOT or something was being asked to take pictures, and she looks at her friends and says loudly, "make it stop!" in a rude tone... Girl... I know girls prettier, that can fly JUST as well if not better, AND tumble their butts off.

The moral of the story is to appreciate being appreciated.

:)

Well no offense to you or your program but I've never even heard of "thunder" so if you would have done it it wouldn't have touched so many people. Appreciate the kind gesture.

To answer your question, YES you are the ONLY ONE who finds it annoying. I honestly have a hard time believing that you just said that! You don't have to know someone on a personal level to do something for them. Omar's story has touched lives ALL over the world and has impacted so many people. Wildcats performance meant more then a worlds ring ever will.....I Thank God & Omar everyday for shining down on Wildcats. It was hands down the most powerful & emotional performance I have ever seen in my life

& NO I don't know Omar nor did I ever meet him, but he has changed my life that's for sure.

I was in the cafeteria and some blonde chick from CA or SOT or something was being asked to take pictures, and she looks at her friends and says loudly, "make it stop!" in a rude tone... Girl... I know girls prettier, that can fly JUST as well if not better, AND tumble their butts off.

The moral of the story is to appreciate being appreciated.

:)

I'm not condoning being rude to people at all but I think some of us from the outside have to understand how frustrating it can be to wanna enjoy Worlds and your friends but can't because every single person wants a picture or an autograph. Yeah I get that they put themselves in that position but for 16 year old kids it can get overwhelming. Were attitudes necessary? Absolutely not but think about all the times someone's pestered you and you have to try really hard to not say something snarky or rude... It's not easy.

I'm not condoning being rude to people at all but I think some of us from the outside have to understand how frustrating it can be to wanna enjoy Worlds and your friends but can't because every single person wants a picture or an autograph. Yeah I get that they put themselves in that position but for 16 year old kids it can get overwhelming. Were attitudes necessary? Absolutely not but think about all the times someone's pestered you and you have to try really hard to not say something snarky or rude... It's not easy.

The majority of these "16 year old kids" did it to themselves (some with help from their parents) through shameless self promotion. Easy solution to their "problem" - stop with the instagram, twitter, facebook fanpages and clothing lines that they created. Stop with the autograph signings that publications offered you to do so they can boost your ego and make money off of you. If you are going to promote yourself as a cheerlebrity, then deal with all that comes with it. There are very few that didn't create their own fame, and those are the only athletes that I have any sympathy for.

The majority of these "16 year old kids" did it to themselves (some with help from their parents) through shameless self promotion. Easy solution to their "problem" - stop with the instagram, twitter, facebook fanpages and clothing lines that they created. Stop with the autograph signings that publications offered you to do so they can boost your ego and make money off of you. If you are going to promote yourself as a cheerlebrity, then deal with all that comes with it. There are very few that didn't create their own fame, and those are the only athletes that I have any sympathy for.
I agree with you about the self made fame and that they "brought it on themselves" but often times children don't see the long term outcome of what they do. Think of all the child actors and singers that have burned out due to fame and paparazzi. I think there needs to be a happy medium.

@xomckenzieee The athletes that I'm referring to are the ones that have been promoted by parents or self. Amazingly talented, but extraordinarily lacking in manners. Tweeting about cheerleaders looking at them during dinner - well, honey, that's probably because they think you're an amazing cheerleader, just like you think about yourself. And I personally wished an athlete and his team good luck as he walked to warm-ups, he looked directly at me, tossed his hair and stuck his nose in the air. At least his teammates said thank you. Rude.

Back