All-Star Youth 2 Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 7, 2011
Hey all!

Our youth 2 team is getting low scores across the board for standing tumbling this year. We've tried all we can, but just can't get our difficulty score above 4.6.
They're currently doing FWO immediate BHS BWO BHS as one line and then jump stop BHS.

Does anyone have anything that seems to be working for them for standing tumbling this year? Any help is majorly appreciated!

What does your ratio look like? how many kids are performing the skill? Difficulty is comparative, so what are other teams doing, and how many kids do they have doing it?

What does your ratio look like? how many kids are performing the skill? Difficulty is comparative, so what are other teams doing, and how many kids do they have doing it?

For the FWO BHS BWO BHS and jump BHS we have 20/23.
Others in the division are doing BWO BHS and single BHS. We just can't figure it out.

Last season I coached a small youth 2 team

We did squad BWO backhand Springs
And squad pencil jump/ or T jump back handsprings ( we did it twice in our routine )
I would also focus on the technique of the standing skills being performed!

For the FWO BHS BWO BHS and jump BHS we have 20/23.
Others in the division are doing BWO BHS and single BHS. We just can't figure it out.
BHS step-out BWO BHS scores better than BWO BHS. I would take out the front walkover and add BHS step-out BWO BHS, but make sure that there isn't a pause between skills or they will be scored as separate skills rather than a whole pass.

Just remember as frustrating as it is there is no sure fire way to max out, just make sure you're in your correct range and drill for execution. In lower levels execution, and synchronization are vital.

BHS step out BWO BHS
T-jump BHS
BHS pause or jump turn (so direction change) BHS
back/forward roll BHS

More intricate formations can also drive difficulty. So instead of having everyone all go the same direction, think about weaving the kids together so those who are bhs to the left are moving out the way for the kids who bhs straight back. (The formations that you watch and are impressed that there are no collisions).

But depending on your execution score... I agree with @FamousxMindset that it's not always effective to chase a tenth of difficulty when there is half a point to be made up in execution. Or gaining a tenth of difficulty but your going to lose 2 in execution.

I find difficulty scores to be all over the place in lower levels this season. They have been vastly different for CP's team from comp to comp, for the same skills performed they can vary as much as 0.3. I don't think you can really count on a specific score for specific skills anymore.

Back