All-Star Youth Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last year's youth team make-up:
tinted powder (nude magique bb powder from L'Oréal, gave coverage to those girls that already started puberty, and also prevented us from having ghosts on the mat)
grey smokey eye
eyeliner
mascara
little bit of blush
lipstick

We actually bought one make-up kit for the team and then did the make-up on all of the kids before warm-ups. I think we didn't even need 30 minutes for a team of 15 kids.
And our kids would kill us if we didn't do make-up on the youth team. Competitions are the only days most of them are allowed to wear make-up and they love it!

No idea. The email just says to use blush and bronzer...
I would put bronzer where light would naturally hit, so the forehead, nose, parts of her cheeks and chin. There are tons of tutorials on youtube that show a natural way to apply bronzer.

Thanks everyone! Where does the bronzer go? Blush I assume is cheekbones.

Blush in circular motion on the apple of the cheeks towards the hairline, highlighter starting above the ear at the hairline inward on an angle staying above the cheekbone , bronzer at the base of the earlobe staying below the cheekbone.

My first year cheering we had pink and purple eyeshadow, dark red lipstick, and pink glitter on the side of our face. I wish I had a picture, it was so ridiculous haha. Thank god we have evolved to the smokey eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our gym does not allow makeup at all for mini/youth, which I think is good. They are not old enough so that they are already using makeup, so why really should you put in on them for a competition? Putting makeup on a little kid just puts focus on the wrong things imo. Let the kids just focus on their performance and on having a good time!

Juniors at our gym wear a soft brown sparkly smoky eye with a lip tint and seniors wear a black and silvery kinda smoky eye with pink/reddish lips. Nothing over the top, just a nice makeup look.

I remember teams doing one blue glitter eye and one red, or crazy two inch eyliner wings and things 10 years ago but I like just a nice smoky eye and lipstick. Stay classy.

Our gym does not allow makeup at all for mini/youth, which I think is good. They are not old enough so that they are already using makeup, so why really should you put in on them for a competition? Putting makeup on a little kid just puts focus on the wrong things imo. Let the kids just focus on their performance and on having a good time!

Juniors at our gym wear a soft brown sparkly smoky eye with a lip tint and seniors wear a black and silvery kinda smoky eye with pink/reddish lips. Nothing over the top, just a nice makeup look.

I remember teams doing one blue glitter eye and one red, or crazy two inch eyliner wings and things 10 years ago but I like just a nice smoky eye and lipstick. Stay classy.
For the bolded part, if you're at a high production competition with lights a bit of makeup makes it easier to actually see kids on stage. Our first gym didn't require makeup for mini/tiny teams so I didn't put any on my CP. The pictures of her from that comp are horrible. She's a fuzzy white blob. It's not to make them prettier, it's so that you can actually see them.
For comps at high school gyms with no stage lights, natural does just fine.

I actually prefer not having to much makeup on the younger ones as well. I think it sexualises them at a way to young of an age bt i can agree with a little makeup so that they dont look like ghosts on stage but maybe not smoky eyes and red lipstick on a 3 year old.

Coming from a dance background, everyone dancing up on that stage has make-up on to make their features show--eyeliner, lipstick, and blush are essential for all. The amount worn can vary for the little ones and the males. What looks good in person isn't the same as what looks good on stage.

Our gym has 3 makeup kits depending on the age.

Tiny: Teal glitter heart on the right cheek

Mini: White shimmer eye shadow on the entire eye area up to the brow bone, with teal shimmer eye shadow from the lash line to the eye crease. Red lip stain.

Youth/Jr/Sr: Same as the mini kit but they also wear a graphite/charcoal for a smokey eye.

I throw some mascara on CP but that's it. The older teams will use foundation, etc.

I agree with the comments that it's stage makeup and no different then actors or dancers wearing it to perform. Even men wear makeup on stage! It allows the audience/spectators and judges to see the facial features under the harsh lights that tend to wash-out all facial features. It has nothing to do with over sexualization of our kids. Besides, I never understood how cheer makeup could be considered sexy. They look like Mimi from the Drew Cary Show! lol With the colours, it definitely looks like stage makeup and not an evening look ready for the town.

Our gym has 3 makeup kits depending on the age.

Tiny: Teal glitter heart on the right cheek

Mini: White shimmer eye shadow on the entire eye area up to the brow bone, with teal shimmer eye shadow from the lash line to the eye crease. Red lip stain.

Youth/Jr/Sr: Same as the mini kit but they also wear a graphite/charcoal for a smokey eye.

I throw some mascara on CP but that's it. The older teams will use foundation, etc.

I agree with the comments that it's stage makeup and no different then actors or dancers wearing it to perform. Even men wear makeup on stage! It allows the audience/spectators and judges to see the facial features under the harsh lights that tend to wash-out all facial features. It has nothing to do with over sexualization of our kids. Besides, I never understood how cheer makeup could be considered sexy. They look like Mimi from the Drew Cary Show! lol With the colours, it definitely looks like stage makeup and not an evening look ready for the town.

for meits more the tinys i do not like heavy makeup on, the other ones i think its cute and may not be sexified at all just on the littlest ones something in me just dont like it but i can agree with you all on the fact that maybe its not considered sexy at all just used to make them look great on stage.

Back