All-Star 2 Of Our People Didn't Show Up For Worlds!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my daughter FREAKS OUT if she thinks there is going to be a conflicting event between cheer practice and a school event. I cant even imagine skipping Worlds, by choice. You would have thought she was dying because she didnt get to go watch this year.

Glad your team pulled through it. Learning experience for all.

OCFrankieJ My team was in your division and I was wondering what happened for your score to be what it was on day 2. I didn't get to see your team either day, but I'm glad you were able to work things out for day 2.

We ended up competing twice on Saturday because we had a guy tear his ACL mid-routine the first time through. They also told us that if we didn't go full out the second time, and marked up to the injury, that we would be penalized. So we had to replace him in everything in like 30 minutes (without an alternate) and ended up performing our best routine the 2nd time.

I kept trying to come up with some semi-reasonable-in-any-way-other-than-I'm-a-jerk reason to explain letting down your team like that and the only thing I could come up with was that as young adults they were embarassed they didn't have the money, didn't want to admit it, kept hoping for something to happen to make it work, waited too long and then were so embarassed they had waited so long to admit they needed help that they said nothing until everyone was gone and they didn't have to face anyone and could tell it over the phone.:confused: Not excusing it in any way, shape or form, but I just am still trying to get my head around leaving your team high and dry. (and I think that is the longest run on sentence I have ever written.)

I kept trying to come up with some semi-reasonable-in-any-way-other-than-I'm-a-jerk reason to explain letting down your team like that and the only thing I could come up with was that as young adults they were embarassed they didn't have the money, didn't want to admit it, kept hoping for something to happen to make it work, waited too long and then were so embarassed they had waited so long to admit they needed help that they said nothing until everyone was gone and they didn't have to face anyone and could tell it over the phone.:confused: Not excusing it in any way, shape or form, but I just am still trying to get my head around leaving your team high and dry. (and I think that is the longest run on sentence I have ever written.)

I've been thinking about this too and I just want to say theres no shame in asking for help when you need it! Whats shameful is letting down so many people who worked really hard to get to Worlds!

Very sorry. This happened to our team at a regular "smallish" competition. Of course, in our case, it was the parent who also chose not to bring the CP. CP was not old enough to drive. It's just very, very disappointing.

We deff can feel your pain. Not sure if y'all noticed but we competed with 22. We had two main flyers ie the two on top of the pyramid, in the baskets, and in the hand in hands in the elite cancel about a week out. And one of the guys who well did a lot frankly have to cancel as well. Not astute same timing as you guys but made things way difficult none the less.

Back