All-Star 2011 Visa's

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

imrichhowboutu said:
HEY STOP. I wanna talk about gymnastics here. We can have cheer drama on every other page!

Well we see where the niece gets it. Now who is going to get to go to the olympics....did you win that contest?

Well we see where the niece gets it. Now who is going to get to go to the olympics....did you win that contest?
Stop. I don't wanna talk about it. Some 3yo girl who cant even stand up won.
319667_10150208593807168_27029627167_6398505_7830179_n.jpg

Does anyone know why Kiara didn't compete in the TnT competition, her name isn't on the national team list.

I never realized how short Alicia was.. I never really cared to find out, just always looked like one of the taller US women..

btw Shannon Renee, you've been a gymnast for two years (thank you power of Facebook), going on 3 now? I started gymnastics at the age of 4, quit due to a severe injury around the age of 8 or 9, and since have loved the sport, educated myself about the sport, and the people in it. I've been involved in/liking cheer for 4 years.. I believe my 14 years outnumbers your 2 years, but continue to say that we are "cheerleaders who think we know anything about gymnastics", it's fine with me, as many of the people on here have been into gymnastics long before you even considered yourself one, possibly even before you were born (not saying myself included in the "before you were born" category)
I could Google all of the information that made you such a qualified gymnast.

I don't want my post to be a "I know more than you since you've only been a gymnast for X amount of years" post, but don't you dare say you know more than ANYONE here before knowing anything about them. Just because you know who competes the hardest skill on bars, or the number 1 ranked male gymnast does not make you any more qualified to pass judgements on gymnasts than anyone here.

she's really short (they all are).. and she's of the taller ones

All I want to know is why the men don't do their floor routines to music...? And WHY don't they have to land clean on all passes? I hate that dive roll crap!!

actually women have to land all their passes clean/stick all their landings, which is why you see more and more girls doing leaps after passes to avoid landing deductions

All I want to know is why the men don't do their floor routines to music...? And WHY don't they have to land clean on all passes? I hate that dive roll crap!!

I hate your ignorance, if you're saying what I think you're saying, as Dom addressed the leaping out of a skill, but I don't think that's what you meant.
ask ANY male or female gymnast, they'll tell you they prefer landing on their feet over a Thomas salto(the actual name for this "dive roll crap" you call it". You could go ahead and ask the multiple elite gymnasts who have been severely injured because of it, the multiple female gymnasts it took to make the skill illegal in female gymnastics, or you could talk to the Chinese gymnast who has become such a celebrity on Youtube because she was knocked unconscious performing the skill, then trying to get back up and complete her floor routine, continuously stumbling before someone actually decided she was hurt, and I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining that they "don't have to land clean," as a Thomas salto is apparently more difficult to land clean than a regular landing.

I hate your ignorance, if you're saying what I think you're saying, as Dom addressed the leaping out of a skill, but I don't think that's what you meant.
ask ANY male or female gymnast, they'll tell you they prefer landing on their feet over a Thomas salto(the actual name for this "dive roll crap" you call it". You could go ahead and ask the multiple elite gymnasts who have been severely injured because of it, the multiple female gymnasts it took to make the skill illegal in female gymnastics, or you could talk to the Chinese gymnast who has become such a celebrity on Youtube because she was knocked unconscious performing the skill, then trying to get back up and complete her floor routine, continuously stumbling before someone actually decided she was hurt, and I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining that they "don't have to land clean," as a Thomas salto is apparently more difficult to land clean than a regular landing.

Whoa... relax. I didn't say anything about it being harder or easier. All I was saying is that I dislike how different the floor exercise is between the men and women (it being the only event that is shared by both sexes). And on that note, that I much prefer the set up of the women floor exercise. The Thomas salto seems a lot more dangerous and is not something I like enjoy seeing. Not a gymnast nor have I ever been... so no need to be aggressive..

Back