All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How aren't they?
From USASF rules site: "In standing tumbling only, skills involving two twists (i.e. Double fulls) must be immediately preceded
by a minimum of two backward traveling, non-twisting tumbling skills. One of these two skills must be
a back handspring."

**totally not being rude, but genuinely curious as to the reasoning behind that.

But to be considered "standing tumbling" it has to start w either "no" momentum or backward momentum (such as stepping backward or a back handspring). The cartwheel has forward momentum so it is considered "running" tumbling even if there is only 1 step before it or into it.

Not trying to be mean, but that's they way I understand it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

gif fail.... but you catch my flow... not feeling that at all - Im sure theres a simple reason why they beat northgate however.. I shall not argue because I know nothing about georgia cheerleading : )

Legalities and panel judging are different things.

So a cartwheel double is running tumbling for legalities because it is forward moving. For a tumbling panel judge it may be standing tumbling.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

gif fail.... but you catch my flow... not feeling that at all - Im sure theres a simple reason why they beat northgate however.. I shall not argue because I know nothing about georgia cheerleading : )

IMHO Northgate was beatable this year. AMAZING, but beatable. Houston beat them earlier this season also.I guess the judges like their routine more. I personally feel Houston deserved it.

Also, GHSA Judges REALLY LOVE the routines that's hit the scoresheet and nothing else. They've been known to score the more clean, simple routines higher hence Mill Creek and PTR's reign in coed and 5A.

Every set of Judges this year have scores Houston high and it's definitely not politics because Houston hasn't even made state the past 2 years lol.

To be honest. I think the new rules are crap. I would try a full punch double in a HOT second before i would EVER! try a full punch whip double.. A double whip double is just out of the picture..

keep your knees over your second toe and you wont have to worry as much about re tearing anything. :)

The funniest thing is that standing tucks are the safest move because they land with bent knees, bhs with strong rebounds and layouts/fulls are deadly, but I havent been bailing out of them like I have tucks.
For some reason tucks feel more dangerous to me and because of that I use the worst technique ever, I just jump and pull it out of my A$$ lol

My subconscious is weird. :confused:

Back