All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, please explain to me tribute teams, cos I've never heard of them until here. I get that they do a different team's old routine, but what is the reasoning behind this?? Don't the kids want something new that is their own?? Plus, with changes to score sheets, difficulty expectations, etc., doesn't this pale the tribute team at a disadvantage?? Just curious, since there myst be a reasoning behind this.
It's not actually the same routine, it's changed to fit the level they're competing in. Just by watching last year's they definitely adjusted where they needed to to be competitive in level 3 to account for difficulty and score sheet changes.

Business or leisure? Post away, sounds awesome

**well now, this could be interesting**
Leisure. My cousin works on a tiny remote island (which is honestly closer to Taiwan than Japan) called Zamami Island in Okinawa prefecture. It's a snorkeler's paradise. It's also pretty much Japanese only, but he's fluent so yay me! He probably won't be there much longer (they want to move to Tokyo), so I got in while I could.

Considering they're not paying a whole heck of a lot extra for a routine, it's not a bad gig for those who do it. They already have the choreo and can even WATCH it performed, so it's easier to spend more time perfecting and less time learning. And again- since it's CEA they have their main team anyway. I wonder if they take requests for who wants to be on it seeing as it's a specialty thing?

Who doesn't listen to lady bullets or tglc's music and pretend its them in the routine for fun. Or rock out to panthers routine on the trampoline?! To me, Senior 3Lite is just that but in real life form, its just for extra fun
But you're not paying for a cheer season while doing that. They are.
That being said, I could see how it could be fun for a competition or two, but not an entire season.

I like the tribute idea when Cheersport did it with their youth team. They basically just used the same music. I'm sure the kids were over the moon to find out that they were going to be able to do that.
Now, I do like Senior 3Lite and causes for some extra creativity but I could see some kids (especially since some of them are on ssx) just not caring lol

I just don't like the idea of a tribute team (especially for a full season team). I REALLY dislike the number of crossovers CEA apparently has. (Like from a level 5 to a level 3.) don't hate me people, I just prefer crossovers in emergencies only....and def not majority of team members crossing over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't like the idea of a tribute team (especially for a full season team). I REALLY dislike the number of crossovers CEA apparently has. (Like from a level 5 to a level 3.) don't hate me people, I just prefer crossovers in emergencies only....and def not majority of team members crossing over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And if the threads on here are any indication, there seems to be a fairly decent amount of 5 to 3 crossovers (YE and GP, SE and Coed 3, SSX and 3lite, probably more), it just seems very unnecessary. It's part of the reason why I never have and never will be a big CEA fan, though I'm sure they don't care. Until there are rules against it, they will continue to do it, they just might have less teams at the Summit this year.
I would be very curious to know how many teams they would have if they had 0 crossovers, I feel like it would be drastically different than what they have.

I don't think there were a lot of crossovers between SSX and 3Lite last season? I only recognized one athlete at Summit.

Courtney Smith-Pope retweeted
Chase May 28
It's official... Sr 3lite will officially be remaking the Senior Elite 2012 routine! #S34L @CEASenior3lite

..... is their senior 3 team strictly a tribute team. dont know if this has been asked before... curious though.
How competitive do you think routine will really be? CheerSport Sharks Y5 competed the 2014 Great White routine and it wasn't that competitive against the other Y5 teams at summit :(

And if the threads on here are any indication, there seems to be a fairly decent amount of 5 to 3 crossovers (YE and GP, SE and Coed 3, SSX and 3lite, probably more), it just seems very unnecessary. It's part of the reason why I never have and never will be a big CEA fan, though I'm sure they don't care. Until there are rules against it, they will continue to do it, they just might have less teams at the Summit this year.
I would be very curious to know how many teams they would have if they had 0 crossovers, I feel like it would be drastically different than what they have.
It does seem like a lot. But it also seems like it has always worked for them. I have to admit that I am curious to see how this season plays out. Between the new summit crossover rules, CSP's earlier statement about not traveling as much this year, this XL Senior Elite, and the fact that CSP always seems to have some sort of a brilliant plan, I feel like there is going to be something potentially game changing from CEA this year... Of course, that doesn't mean it won't be controversial. But I feel like they have big changes to how they do things in mind, and it obviously wasn't limiting crossovers.

Like I said- I think the fees are DRASTICALLY reduced for them because they're not paying for new choreo (and it's probably someone's 2nd team which fees are reduced for anyway). And I can't imagine they'd continue it for a 2nd year if there were massive problems in the gym about it.

If it's as cost-effective as I think it is, it might be a good way for kids who want to feel like the big kids, 'BE' the big kids..AND do a team (or a second team) when they might not be able to afford one (or another). Not gonna lie- every mix that comes on I either do the routine for it in my head or make up my own. Hilarious when that spills out into real life on the subway :D

this XL Senior Elite, and the fact that CSP always seems to have some sort of a brilliant plan.

This isn't really directed at you, your post just got me thinking, but I keep seeing people talk about how "innovative" CSP is for making a larger senior elite that she will cut into to Senior Elite and a medium senior. This isn't any different than what Woodlands Elite or Brandon(and other gyms, those are just examples) do with level 5 workout groups that they eventually divide up into different teams. Or even what Black Ops, Wildcats, or TGLC are doing by having more athletes than spots to create the best possible team and then moving the extra athletes to open spots different teams. Not a big deal, I guess I just don't see how forming senior elite this way is any different or more innovative than what other gyms/teams do.

Latest posts

Back