All-Star 2015 Worlds Schedule!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CCLOp4RUMAETPhK.jpg

The wording of this seems funny. Like I can't tell if it means the performance order will be posted tonight or if they'll be posting tonight when the performance order lottery will be?

I know there's at least 2 more bid events this weekend, so I'm guessing that they'll just be posting when the lottery will be? Otherwise, what happens to the teams that get bids/upgrade bids this weekend?

It looks like you're coming down with something. I bet you'll be sick that day *cough*

I'll ask next Monday if I can switch the class to later during the week. I could even cancel it I guess. It'll be spring break in my area, but this particular class is not in a regular school, it's a kind of rehabilitation structure for kids who dropped out, and they don't get school breaks. I, however, am allowed to follow the usual school schedule, I just chose not to initially because I didn't have any plans yet. I'll tell them that I'm not available Monday-Tuesday, if someone can switch, cool, if not, let's just cancel. I definitely won't pretend to be sick at the last minute though (if I did all my students would get up and come to class for nothing, that wouldn't be very nice).

I know there's at least 2 more bid events this weekend, so I'm guessing that they'll just be posting when the lottery will be? Otherwise, what happens to the teams that get bids/upgrade bids this weekend?

I think in the past they may have done the lottery before the last comp. They just stick those teams in the beginning somewhere?

I think in the past they may have done the lottery before the last comp. They just stick those teams in the beginning somewhere?

Oh! I didn't realize that. I'm still assuming that they won't actually do the lottery tonight... Don't they usually hype it up a bit? Seems like no one knows anything about it yet.

Oh! I didn't realize that. I'm still assuming that they won't actually do the lottery tonight... Don't they usually hype it up a bit? Seems like no one knows anything about it yet.

Yeah I'm not really sure... Only 9 minutes until 5pm though.

Pretty sure all countries that participates at Worlds (both ICU & IASF) must have some sort of governing body. The governing body for each country choose how to give out the Worlds bids that they have been given from IASF. Some European countries have specific "Worlds bid competitions", and some just use their Nationals. For example in Sweden, the top 2 teams in IAG 5, IAG 6, IOC 5 and IOC 6 at Nationals gets a bid to IASF Worlds for the next season (our Nationals is in May). In Finland they have their Nationals in December, so they get bids for the same season.

One time, there was a Swedish junior team competing at a German competition and was awarded a bid to Worlds in small senior. They couldn't accept it because the Swedish Cheerleading Federation doesn't let any Swedish teams compete in club divisions. And overall we can't get bids at any other competition than our Nationals (not even bids for Summit).

That's so interesting about the Swedish team! :D

In Germany, they have a national governing body (CCVD, also a member of ICU/ECU) that sends a Coed Premier team to ICU. There is another competing governing body (CVD, part of the American Football club, that is a member of the IFC/ECA) that sends teams to the IFC Cheerleading Worlds.

In addition to that, you have cheer EPs and companies that put on "open" competitions - open in the sense that the teams do not have to be a member of either governing body to compete. Elite Brands (aka Varsity Europe, in all honesty) awards bids to the IASF/USASF Worlds for teams at various competitions they hold.

Both the Coed Premier team and the IASF/USASF bid winners are awarded their bids a year in advance for planning/financial purposes... e.g. the Coed Premier team that will compete at the 2015 ICU Worlds was selected in summer/fall of 2014. Elite Brands awarded bids to teams in spring/summer of 2014 for this years USASF/IASF Worlds.

"8:45pm - 9:35pm Senior Large Coed Finals Competition 9:45pm - 10:30pm Senior Large All Girl Finals Competition 10:30pm - 10:45pm Senior Large Coed Awards in Champions Stadium 10:45pm - 11:00pm Senior Large All Girl Awards in Champions Stadium"

Aka...teams will start performing at 10:45 and awards get called out at 1...okay then. Is there a real reason why they can't start at like, I don't know, 6?

Back