All-Star 2015 Worlds Schedule!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Large Coed and Large Senior finals on Sunday are supposed to end at 5AM Monday my time... if everything runs smoothly (which, according to last year, is a big if). I teach a class from 9 to 12 on said Monday morning. Monday competitions start at 3PM my time. I'm screwed.

Semi-finals for IOC 5 go from 9:00AM to 3:50PM...... and they don't alternate with other divisions. How many teams are expected in that division?!! [emoji15]
That's usually one of the biggest, if not the biggest division every year.

Semi-finals for IOC 5 go from 9:00AM to 3:50PM...... and they don't alternate with other divisions. How many teams are expected in that division?!! [emoji15]

US trials for IOC6 is taking almost an hour for 10 teams... So apparently almost 60 (but there's probably a lunch break in there). And since its semis, it's only 10 US teams.

US trials for IOC6 is taking almost an hour for 10 teams... So apparently almost 60 (but there's probably a lunch break in there). And since its semis, it's only 10 US teams.
I've always wondered with regards to non-U.S. teams - Is any team allowed to register for Worlds seeing as "bids"(of any kind) don't exist in every country?

I've always wondered with regards to non-U.S. teams - Is any team allowed to register for Worlds seeing as "bids"(of any kind) don't exist in every country?
I know in Europe you need a bid. I would assume the rest of the world is the same.

I know in Europe you need a bid. I would assume the rest of the world is the same.
So the EPs that award these bids, are they affiliated with USASF? I've always wondered how European and South American teams were "chosen" to go or whether any team could just go.

I'm almost 100% sure the Bangkok University team never needed to earn a bid because there simply aren't any competitions that gave out bids in this region of the world.

You can't just register for USASF Worlds. Bids do exist, just not full paid. They are usually given out at National Comps, and in Europe they are handed out for the following year in order to leave enough time to plan the trip. For example: the first bid comp in the UK was only a couple of weeks ago, barely enough time to plan for Orlando.

ETA to correct myself, weeks not months!

So the EPs that award these bids, are they affiliated with USASF? I've always wondered how European and South American teams were "chosen" to go or whether any team could just go.

I'm almost 100% sure the Bangkok University team never needed to earn a bid because there simply aren't any competitions that gave out bids in this region of the world.
USASF is just for the US. IASF is the international organization.

In the UK there are currently four/five EPs who give out bids every year. We get ours a year in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USASF is just for the US. IASF is the international organization.
That's the thing though...... I thought Cheerleading Worlds (not ICU Worlds) was run by USASF and USASF only. So I just assumed bids were given by EPs who had affiliations with USASF. Technically, the international divisions at Worlds are still under USASF, right? So wouldn't USASF be inclusive of all club teams regardless of which country they're from?

That's the thing though...... I thought Cheerleading Worlds (not ICU Worlds) was run by USASF and USASF only. So I just assumed bids were given by EPs who had affiliations with USASF. Technically, the international divisions at Worlds are still under USASF, right? So wouldn't USASF be inclusive of all club teams regardless of which country they're from?
No, it is mainly under IASF, USASF has a big role in it because it is held in the US and mostly US teams, but IASF runs the event as well.

If you're Team [Country] you can compete at USASF/IASF worlds in addition to ICU worlds. That might be a big part of it. I don't know how it works if your country doesn't have much of a governing body or if there aren't a lot of teams going for bids.

Latest posts

Back