All-Star 21-22 Teams & Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rays Johns Creek 21-22 teams:

(Disclaimer - from an IG post and copied as I was trying to stay on hold with an IRS rep so let me know if you go there & I missed one)

Ruby - Mini Novice
Coral - Y1
Emerald - U17 LEVEL 1
Rock - U19 LEVEL 1
Onyx - U17 LEVEL 2
Obsidian - S2
Indigo - U17 LEVEL 3
Sapphire - U17 LEVEL 4
Black Diamond - XS ALL GIRL 6

Obsidian is U19 2 this year

People are really pushing for a Worlds team nowadays.
The problem is that even sending a team to Worlds gives the gym an “edge up” over the gym down the rod which only has summit/local comp teams. Also, with the plethora of divisions at Worlds now, why have a Senior 4.2 or a Senior 1 team when it can be a NT Worlds team? Or that Senior 4 team where half the athletes have fulls? Why not make it an international team, where the competition is less, so you can get away with having skills that are not up-to-level or level appropriate.

I’m glad there’s a chance for everyone to experience the biggest competition in All Star cheer. It just feels like there’s no climb to the top; it takes away the experience of being on lower level teams and getting that competitive experience before going to the big comps.

The problem is that even sending a team to Worlds gives the gym an “edge up” over the gym down the rod which only has summit/local comp teams. Also, with the plethora of divisions at Worlds now, why have a Senior 4.2 or a Senior 1 team when it can be a NT Worlds team? Or that Senior 4 team where half the athletes have fulls? Why not make it an international team, where the competition is less, so you can get away with having skills that are not up-to-level or level appropriate.

I’m glad there’s a chance for everyone to experience the biggest competition in All Star cheer. It just feels like there’s no climb to the top; it takes away the experience of being on lower level teams and getting that competitive experience before going to the big comps.

I think the social media part of cheer plays a part in this Quickest Climb to Worlds Team = Best.

Look at the hype that surrounds kidd who are 9-11 years old and Level 6 athletes.

Those kids are very talented but they are the 1% who gain skills very quickly.

Kids see it and they start racing to get skills and get impatient.

A talented 8th grade kid on IG's cheer career may look like:

First season: Mini 1
Second season: Youth 3
Third season: J4
Fourth season: J6
Fifth season: Worlds team.

There is one who literally went from never cheered to Worlds in 3-4 seasons.

Kids watching at home in 8th grade may look more typical like:

First season: Mini 1
Second season: Y2
Third season: Y2
Fourth season: J3
Fifth season: J3

Compared to Super Talented IG kid, that child feels their career looks unimpressive, because they have normalized this idea that "if you don't advance every year and make a Worlds team or level 6 in shortest amount of time, you are obviously not good and you should quit."

Cool--CP is going to college in the Atlanta area, and if sideline doesn't end up being a good fit, maybe one of the lower level Rays U19 teams would next season. CP's never going to make a world's team due to tumbling, and doesn't have stunting experience above level 3, but a level 1 or 2 international team would probably be a lot of fun.

Cheer Force Arkansas Teams 2021-2022

Tiny Novice - Peeps

Tiny Small 1 - Tiny Talons

Mini Small 1.1 - Kiwi

Mini Small 1 - Angels

Youth Small 1 - Royals

Youth Medium 2 - ThunderBirds

Youth Small 3 - Covert

Youth Small 4 - Flamingos

Junior Small 2 - War Eagles

Junior Small 3 - MockingJays

Junior Small 4 - FireBirds

Senior Extra Small 6 - Lady Falcons

Senior Open 4 - IceBirds

Senior Open Coed 5 - BlackHawks

Senior/International Open Large Coed 6 - NightHawks

Coed Elite is now Open Coed 6. (was Small Coed 6 in 20-21.)

I believe the coaches combined Coed Elite with the new Small Open Coed 6 team (that was announced after tryouts) to make one larger open team but am not 100% sure.

Woodlands Elite Ohio teams for 21-22 (new location) -

Air Force Ones - Mini 1
Combat Crew - Y2
Mavericks - J2
Senior Tango - S2
Hot Shots - J3
Ghost Ops - S4.2
Lethal - J4
Area 51 - S5
Bravo 6 - Senior Open 6 (not sure of size)

The word "petite" is killing me. Stop, just stop. This is the first time I can recall ever really rolling my eyes hard at Rays. That word was stupid and unnecessary...

Also, does this mean that the flyer for Sugar need not be petite?

I actually did not notice this the first time I read it but you’re exactly right.

Issues:

What does petite even mean? How many inches is petite? Is that height? Weight? Do you have an exact number of pounds in mind? Inches? Are we turning away kiddos who are skilled but an inch over 5’0 or a lb over 100? Are you requesting photos?

I mean, I am not naive. I understand how cheer works and obviously a 5’8 kid on a junior team is probably best candidate for backspot and not a flyer on Mango.

But when you use words you end up having to define/operationalize them and that is a slippery slope.

The word "petite" is killing me. Stop, just stop. This is the first time I can recall ever really rolling my eyes hard at Rays. That word was stupid and unnecessary...

Also, does this mean that the flyer for Sugar need not be petite?
I thought the same thing. It just feels weird. The listing for bases and back spots doesn't say "muscular" or "tall."

Back