All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

id just like to add that cali small coed have been on top or 2nd since before their official inception (cali small jr coed). this whole idea that out of state people are making smoed great or unstopable is a bit out of touch with reality. reality is smoed has been great since its inception and since before taking on out of state people was a regular thing. prior to 2013 and 2014 (butler and scianna 2013, those two + xavier, emily and kelsey 2014), i believe that everyone on smoed and jr smoed 2010 were all CALI home grown kids (i could be wrong). out of state people arent making smoed great, smoed always been great...

1st place worlds.

people dont give enough credit to eddie, orby and others that train smoed, and the cali kids.

I miss Cali freaaakiiin fornia so much!

So, does that year waiting period include cheerleading too? Even if the state doesn't consider cheer a sport?

Hm. Nothing like that here. But we didn't have school choice or anything, you had to attend the school you were zoned for so I guess that cut down on the transferring. You had to have an address in that area to go to that school, so people didn't really bop around from school to school that often. (Although some people got around it by using a relatives address or parents owning land there or something) You could try out for anything you wanted right away.
We don't have school choice, but people will use fake addresses and such to go to the school they want to, or come up with a reason to transfer, when it's really for sports. It's supposed to cut down on that. It doesn't count if you're new to the school system (ie moved from somewhere else) but if you transfer after you've started school you have to sit out.

We bought property in the neighboring town to be eligible for an out-of-district transfer. We transferred in January and my two cps will be cheering for their high school next year.

We left due to bullying and the school/districts lack of response was sickening. I hate that my property taxes for our house are going to support their school.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Does this include mid year or in between summers? Like if I was born in Townsville and moved to Cityville in July and wanted to play hockey, I would have to wait three months?
Yes, people involved in sports here learned quickly if they planned on going to another school to do it in February or March to get the 3 months over before summer. Lol

with regards to "stacking".. what if an athlete thats 17-18 wants to be on 2 teams? being on multiple teams can do wonders for athletes and can really help them grow and improve. so you don't want them going from 5 to r5, they can't be on 2 worlds teams, everyone would throw a fit if they were on 4 or below.. what should those athletes do?
i think its fine if its one or two athletes, but i used to compete against a team that was basically their sm senior coed 5 but added a handful of kids and became large senior co-ed 4. that was stacking and not fair at all. although there is nothing really that can be done about it but im surprised there was no suspicion because of the almost identical rosters.

Hm. Nothing like that here. But we didn't have school choice or anything, you had to attend the school you were zoned for so I guess that cut down on the transferring. You had to have an address in that area to go to that school, so people didn't really bop around from school to school that often. (Although some people got around it by using a relatives address or parents owning land there or something) You could try out for anything you wanted right away.
That was the same for me, but my high school didn't have a cheer team so I had to get special permission from both schools to cheer on the team and not have to transfer.

i think its fine if its one or two athletes, but i used to compete against a team that was basically their sm senior coed 5 but added a handful of kids and became large senior co-ed 4. that was stacking and not fair at all. although there is nothing really that can be done about it but im surprised there was no suspicion because of the almost identical rosters.
I know of a gym that has one boy with level 5 skills, but they only want to field an all girl team... They have a senior coed 4 with most of their Worlds athletes, the boy, and only a few true level 4 athletes.

So, does that year waiting period include cheerleading too? Even if the state doesn't consider cheer a sport?
My school did include cheer in the rule. I live in Canada and no one around where I live does sideline cheer at all. High school is practically the same as all-star, lots of competitions and we practiced about 10 hours a week.

In our district everything is included in the rule, including academic teams. The only exception is if there is a major physical address change - moving from more than an hour away. The reason it's so strict is that the high school I went to and the one my brothers currently go to (two different schools) along with all the other schools in the district are on the choice list for kids in inner city Milwaukee to be bused into, and there has been a lot of controversy with MPS kids switching schools once a coach left, or to try to be in a tougher conference. If you want to transfer for a sport or academic team, you have to do it within your first three semesters of HS, otherwise you sit out exactly a year from your move date. This rule is so stringent that it also makes it really hard to transfer to another school within the district for academic reasons... My brother is currently a sophomore and he wants to switch schools at the end of this year to go to a non IB school, but he also happened to play tennis this year and because of that getting into the high school I went to is turning into a chore.

Power Tumbling is not an Olympic Sport but there has been mention of it being an exhibition at Rio2016 along with double mini but Trampoline is an Olympic event since 2000.
Age 11-12 Youth Elite
Age 13-17 Jr Elite
Compete at Worlds Age Group Championships and are split by age Group

You get to mobilize to Sr Elite the year of your 17th or 18th birthday.Then you can compete at the Worlds Championship.
Once you make USA team they are pretty strict and you can be removed and the committee can place whom they feel will contribute to the team. My child has been spoken to about continuing with cheer by her USA tumble coach. They do not want any distractions. There are mandatory training camps that you must attend. Its hard to do both elite sports.

id just like to add that cali small coed have been on top or 2nd since before their official inception (cali small jr coed). this whole idea that out of state people are making smoed great or unstopable is a bit out of touch with reality. reality is smoed has been great since its inception and since before taking on out of state people was a regular thing. prior to 2013 and 2014 (butler and scianna 2013, those two + xavier, emily and kelsey 2014), i believe that everyone on smoed and jr smoed 2010 were all CALI home grown kids (i could be wrong). out of state people arent making smoed great, smoed always been great...

1st place worlds.

people dont give enough credit to eddie, orby and others that train smoed, and the cali kids.

I know you said you weren't sure but I know for a fact at least 4 kids that came from American cheer. So not all of them are Cali home grown kids. I don't know if there are more from other programs.

Power Tumbling is not an Olympic Sport but there has been mention of it being an exhibition at Rio2016 along with double mini but Trampoline is an Olympic event since 2000.
Age 11-12 Youth Elite
Age 13-17 Jr Elite
Compete at Worlds Age Group Championships and are split by age Group

You get to mobilize to Sr Elite the year of your 17th or 18th birthday.Then you can compete at the Worlds Championship.
Once you make USA team they are pretty strict and you can be removed and the committee can place whom they feel will contribute to the team. My child has been spoken to about continuing with cheer by her USA tumble coach. They do not want any distractions. There are mandatory training camps that you must attend. Its hard to do both elite sports.

I know I said it before, but I have always loved to watch your cp tumble. The precision and grace she has is amazing. When I visited ca last year and did a class, she was there practicing and watching her that close, in person I was just blown away. She was super sweet, too, the few sentences we spoke lol. I missed seeing her in blue and black this year, but she looked good in purple. ;)

I wondered how long it would be until she had to make a decision about continuing with tumbling vs. cheer. I wish her the best of luck and can't wait to see where she ends up!

Back