All-Star Annique's Nook

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aaaand the FBI is on the case.

Haha. Not really. I originally found her info because I originally decided to go after her and needed info. In the end I just decided she wasn't worth it and that instead I would just make sure people could see that she had made some poor business decisions. If you google her, you can find a blog she wrote about her regret about some poor business decisions she made. Unfortunately though, if there are people out here who still haven't received one, she has not righted her wrongs.

FWIW, she was contracted by Droplets previous gym (before our move south) to make them for our program. She didn't do only myself wrong, but also all the people from the program. (Don't get me started on the way all of this was handled.. Anniques Nook is recurring nightmare for me! lol)

Haha. Not really. I originally found her info because I originally decided to go after her and needed info. In the end I just decided she wasn't worth it and that instead I would just make sure people could see that she had made some poor business decisions. If you google her, you can find a blog she wrote about her regret about some poor business decisions she made. Unfortunately though, if there are people out here who still haven't received one, she has not righted her wrongs.

FWIW, she was contracted by Droplets previous gym (before our move south) to make them for our program. She didn't do only myself wrong, but also all the people from the program. (Don't get me started on the way all of this was handled.. Anniques Nook is recurring nightmare for me! lol)

Breathe in, breath out... Puppies, kitties, rainbows, and unicorns... kumbaya and vanilla scented candles... :D

I just looked at the Facebook page. She made these for all of your kids and did not offer to fix any of them? Wow.

There is a saying in customer service (when I waitressed in HS and college our boss would tell us all the time) that one customer who has a bad experience will tell 12 other people. Who would want to provide a crappy product to that many people in a well-known gym (who will likely tell everyone they know?)

So newbie's can rate other people's posts outside of the Newbie section while they are still within the 72 hour holding period?

Since we know you're reading this.... It's generally not considered gossip if it's supports by facts.
I think that person who gave that gossip rating might pull an Aaron Crouse and try to claim that she ordered something from "Annique" and received it with no problems.

Bets?

I just looked at the Facebook page. She made these for all of your kids and did not offer to fix any of them? Wow.

There is a saying in customer service (when I waitressed in HS and college our boss would tell us all the time) that one customer who has a bad experience will tell 12 other people. Who would want to provide a crappy product to that many people in a well-known gym (who will likely tell everyone they know?)

She offered to fix the uniform that we had if we returned it. I opted out of that because 1) I knew that if I sent it back I would never see it OR my money ever again (I deduced this from researching and discovering how many people never got one in the first place) and 2) the uniform is not fixable. The design is incorrect. It had the wrong color fabric in the wrong places. She would have had to cut and reproduce a whole new uniform just because of that, but also because of the way the stones were laid. When it was recieved, there were drag marks of glue around the rhinestones. Anyone who's used hot fix knows that once you place the hot glue down, if you move the stone and the glue shows, it is virtually impossible to take it completely off without damage.

My request was that she refund my money upon my return of the uniform and I would pay for it again once it was finished and a shipping number was recieved. Her outright refusal to compromise confirmed for me that she never really had any intention of redoing the uniform anyway.

Droplet was barely 9 at the time and was quite upset about the situation. (This all started when we were forced to present her with a picture and an IOU on Christmas morning and it was her most wanted gift) I had to let it go eventually because it was in my child's best interests to do so, but it's awful that she got away with it.

She offered to fix the uniform that we had if we returned it. I opted out of that because 1) I knew that if I sent it back I would never see it OR my money ever again (I deduced this from researching and discovering how many people never got one in the first place) and 2) the uniform is not fixable. The design is incorrect. It had the wrong color fabric in the wrong places. She would have had to cut and reproduce a whole new uniform just because of that, but also because of the way the stones were laid. When it was recieved, there were drag marks of glue around the rhinestones. Anyone who's used hot fix knows that once you place the hot glue down, if you move the stone and the glue shows, it is virtually impossible to take it completely off without damage.

My request was that she refund my money upon my return of the uniform and I would pay for it again once it was finished and a shipping number was recieved. Her outright refusal to compromise confirmed for me that she never really had any intention of redoing the uniform anyway.

Droplet was barely 9 at the time and was quite upset about the situation. (This all started when we were forced to present her with a picture and an IOU on Christmas morning and it was her most wanted gift) I had to let it go eventually because it was in my child's best interests to do so, but it's awful that she got away with it.

I saw that. The uniform looks black and I believe it is supposed to be navy?

And I know sometimes you have to just move on, as much as it sucks. I had a situation like that with a headband I ordered for my niece via an Etsy seller. She wasn't trying to fix it or refund my money, so I just chalked up my $27.00 as a loss because it just wasn't worth it.

What I paid for: (keep in mind the what I paid for pictures are literally of the sample uniform she sent to our gym as a this is what it will look like. The quality of the sample was outstanding. That's why I ordered it...)
10db4hs.jpg

What I recieved:
2vmfz0h.jpg

What I paid for:
2m34j9f.jpg

What I got:
2h4hymt.jpg

It's just a half booty half baked version of what she sent to the gym. Would you have ordered it from the first sample? I bet so. But what if you saw my actual one instead?

As for the colors- no, the basic uniform was correct, but ICE had two separate uniforms (one for 1-3, one for 4-5) which had different arrangements of the same color, and one was shorts where the other was a skirt. Basically, she created a hybrid between the two. It wasn't correct for either uniform.

It truly is water under the bridge for me now, as we quite literally live in a different part of the country and my Droplet wears a very different uniform these days, but I did tell her when this went down that it was my mission to make sure she didn't take other people for a ride like she did me, and I meant it.

I recently ran into an issue on eBay. A buyer broke something I'd shipped about 3.5 months after I delivered it. She complained to Paypal that the product was defective and Paypal gave her the money back. It was then that I learned that Paypal has a 180 day policy for complaints and returns.

In other words, if you paid with Paypal and it's been six months or less, file a complaint and get your money back. You can also always file for a chargeback with your credit card company. If you've never done it, it's a fairly simple process.

"She offered to fix the uniform that we had if we returned it. I opted out of that because 1) I knew that if I sent it back I would never see it OR my money ever again."

That was my experience as well. She offered to fix the problem (i.e. replace the shorts I received with the skort I ordered), but I would have to send back the shorts first, at my own expense. I declined, so she offered to give me a credit in the shipping amount. I declined again - am certainly never going to purchase anything from her in the future!

Unlike you, however, my situation would have been a quick fix. Here's what I would have done: Acknowledge the mistake. Sew a skort (she already has a pattern, I'm sure) then pop it in the mail. Don't even ask for the shorts back. Boom - customer satisfied. But she chose not to approach it that way.

I recently ran into an issue on eBay. A buyer broke something I'd shipped about 3.5 months after I delivered it. She complained to Paypal that the product was defective and Paypal gave her the money back. It was then that I learned that Paypal has a 180 day policy for complaints and returns.

In other words, if you paid with Paypal and it's been six months or less, file a complaint and get your money back. You can also always file for a chargeback with your credit card company. If you've never done it, it's a fairly simple process.

Unfortunately Etsy seems to have a much shorter complaint period. And she closed down her Etsy shop anyway, so the point is moot.

PayPal does not cover custom orders or one of a kind's. It could be argued that this type of product is a custom order and PayPal will rule against you 100% of the time.

Unfortunately Etsy seems to have a much shorter complaint period. And she closed down her Etsy shop anyway, so the point is moot.

I was going to say that if the payment was processed through PayPal, you could still go through PayPal. But given what SL&AM said about custom orders, that might not work either. It might be worth a try through PayPal anyway, if you paid with them? Or your Credit card company? The worst they can do is decline the claim.

I don't know. Just trying to think of ways to possibly help you out. Hopefully you get some resolution somehow.

Back