All-Star As The Season Closes Out - Are You Switching Gyms Or Staying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Switched to a bigger gym this season and not quite what I expected. My CP loves it but she also loved her smaller gym when she was there. Her coach humiliates them on the floor if they mess up instead up correcting in a manner that makes them want to do better. I'm torn.

Switched to a bigger gym this season and not quite what I expected. My CP loves it but she also loved her smaller gym when she was there. Her coach humiliates them on the floor if they mess up instead up correcting in a manner that makes them want to do better. I'm torn.

Cheerleading a vehicle to teach your cheerleader not just tumbling and stunts but also the intangibles that will make her a successful adult. How to treat people would be on of those intangibles. No jacket/trophy is worth that.

Our area is so small - switching gyms doesn't change or improve the situation. High School Cheer is the only switch some might make.
If I really want more progression, a world's potential team, different cost structure, etc...we would have to move, which isn't in the cards.
So we enjoy it for what it offers for as long as my cp is fulfilled.

STAYING!!!! I love UA so much!
There is absolutely nothing i would change about this gym, i made the best decision of my life to come back, and i’m never leaving!!
2. Every coach there has an amazing background in cheerleading (multiple worlds rings from most)
3. Multiple Worlds teams
5. Back to number 2, extremely professional
6. Location is good (for me at least)
7. I’ve never had a problem with anyone else from the gym <3 UA

The only way we would leave is if cp did not want to cheer anymore. We would never leave for another gym.

I switched to UA last year and it is my home! i love every single person there even if i don't know them. 3. all of the coaches all professional and very mature! don't get caught up in stupid drama and start rumors (reason i left my old gym) 4. got 3rd at worlds my first year there! 5. most of the coaches have multiple worlds rings, nca jackets or nca rings. 6. the drive is worth it! i'm happy i've found a gym that i feel so welcome at!

STAYING <3 I love my gym!! Since I switched from another gym at the beginning of this season I have progressed so much, each member of the staff is so kind, helpful, and professional! <3

im switching gyms, i didnt really like the last gym i was at, loved the owners but was not to happy at that gym, & disliked a lot of the athletes and how they treated others , my lil sister is switching gyms as well but we arent going to the same program!
Your mom is awesome running in multiple directions all year!! Good luck to the 3 of you :)

We LOVE FAME - definitely staying! I never thought I would like being part of a big organization - I never understood how they could be a FAMILY, and not a company... but the determining factor is the people who run the gym... we may have a ton of cheerleaders and may not know all of them, but the owners/coaches do a great job of making each child feel like they are a special part of our very large family.

Back