All-Star Battle At The Capitol

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jumping up and down and wiping the floor,I don't have a problem with. Its all that marking I have a problem with. To me it seems like they are doing it for attention. A lout of the times ill watch them to see if they are going to a standing full or handsprings to a full/double and they end up doing a standing tuck and the skill they were drill setting for was at running tumbling(pointless). Like I said if you don't have it by the time you set on that floor, you shouldn't do it. Thats how athletes get injured and the unsafety toll of cheerleading raises.
Perhaps its out of habit at this point? Marking her full for her may be jumping/wiping hands for someone else. I think its silly looking, but heck, so is Heejun on American idol shaking his hands like a spaz before performing.

There is a girl in riptide who does hers really fast and repetitive, but her's isn't the worst i've seen. It's just from Cheersport to NCA to BATC it's really been sticking out to me. It could just be a personal pet peeve though :p

Did you see her tumble "From Cheersport to NCA to BATC"!!! She can twist, turn, shake or whatever else. She hits everything in her routine flawlessly and When the music starts and then performs flawlessly AGAIN on TSUNAMI (DID YOU SEE THAT PERFORMANCE....JUST WONDERING)...SHE GOES IN!! You can't complain about her performance so I guess pick about the first 2 seconds before the routine even starts. Say what you want, she throws Arabians to doubles like you inhale and exhale! However, you are entitled to your opinions :)

I kept seeing on Twitter last night that Reign does not have a bid - said they got an At Large at JamFest but coaches declined it so they would be eligible for the Paid bid??? But on USASF it's saying they have the AL bid from JamFest and it's not declined - anybody have anymore info??

Did you see her tumble "From Cheersport to NCA to BATC"!!! She can twist, turn, shake or whatever else. She hits everything in her routine flawlessly and When the music starts and then performs flawlessly AGAIN on TSUNAMI (DID YOU SEE THAT PERFORMANCE....JUST WONDERING)...SHE GOES IN!! You can't complain about her performance so I guess pick about the first 2 seconds before the routine even starts. Say what you want, she throws Arabians to doubles like you inhale and exhale! However, you are entitled to your opinions :)
I agree this seems like such a silly thing, to criticize something that is happening prior to the routine even starting :rolleyes:

My CP does the shimmy thing and she sometimes look like she's having a bout w/tourettes, LOL! If that's what it takes for her to feel comfortable then hey, she has to do her ritual to get herself ready! After that, she BURNS THE MAT UP!

Okay I apologize for being so behind but has Maryland Twisters had a small coed team all season? No idea how this is the first time I am realizing this.

yup it used to be the vipers team from virginia when their owner shut them down the day after NCA. coaches weren't given any advanced notice and did everything they could to keep the program open, maryland twisters were gracious enough to let them become part of the program for the rest of the year. gotta give them props for still being able to come out this weekend, perform their hearts out, and come home with a worlds bid after everything they've been through in the past week!

uhhlyssa01 said:
yup it used to be the vipers team from virginia when their owner shut them down the day after NCA. coaches weren't given any advanced notice and did everything they could to keep the program open, maryland twisters were gracious enough to let them become part of the program for the rest of the year. gotta give them props for still being able to come out this weekend, perform their hearts out, and come home with a worlds bid after everything they've been through in the past week!

I'm so glad those kids had a place to go and finish their season. I can't even a imagine shutting my teams down during the best part of the season. I can also imagine the work and behind the scenes organizing it would take to keep everyone in the loop and on the same page in the midst of such a shake up. Props to all!

I know I am a little late, its all the driving that I do daily and everything is on my phone so now I get a few mins to get on the computer to really look at things!!
1. Great job to everyone that performed at BATC, even though I wasn't there, whoever was tweeting (@cheerupdates and a few others) was really doing an outstanding job keeping us posted, almost as if I was there!!
2. Hey HOT5:D !!! Thats what I am talking about!!! You had me in my livingroom with the microphone in hand singing "This is how we do it" by Montel Jordan!! Then I found myself singing it for Tsunami :D as well!! Combine that with Lakers winning at the same time and the weekend was very positive.
3. I was so out of it not looking at the schedule to see what other teams were performing in the lower levels to see that FAME :) (one of my other favorites) was there too!! Multiple boards and networks has crushed my multi-tasking skills. I just glance instead of being thorough like I use to!!
4. Congrats to all Bid winners!! Whats up Weathergirls?? Good to see you...as soon as I see a video!!
5. Formally Vipers......way to go!! Happy for you!! Keep your heads up.... thats where we all want to be anyway!!

ok you obviously took my comment the wrong way. i'm not just picking on her. and no i've seen her do it multiple times. I'm talking about a lot of girls in general. i actually applaud her for at least hitting the skills. I've seen some girls that do all the crazy set drills and tricks and they don't even land the skill, in fact they bust on there face which makes me scared. I'm not saying this to "bag" on her, it's just something i've noticed. He asked for an example so i gave him one, I'm just concerned if they are doing all these set drills and not even landing them then why are they in the routine. maybe i should have clarified more. I just think an athlete should be confident in their skill when walking on the floor.

ok you obviously took my comment the wrong way. i'm not just picking on her. and no i've seen her do it multiple times. I'm talking about a lot of girls in general. i actually applaud her for at least hitting the skills. I've seen some girls that do all the crazy set drills and tricks and they don't even land the skill, in fact they bust on there face which makes me scared. I'm not saying this to "bag" on her, it's just something i've noticed. He asked for an example so i gave him one, I'm just concerned if they are doing all these set drills and not even landing them then why are they in the routine. maybe i should have clarified more. I just think an athlete should be confident in their skill when walking on the floor.

I understand I just think it's a little harsh to ASSUME that she (or whomever) is lacking confidence. The fact she executes her skills perfectly should maybe be taken into account that maybe she was just preparing her body one last time for all the twisting that will occur in the upcoming 2 minutes. I just feel like the kids have enough pressure on them and if she takes a second to loosen up...let her do her thing. SHE in particular is not one of the kids whose skill landing ability should be question. I've seen her in action...she can do that pass in pajamas blind folded wearing heels on skies. However, I respect your opinion ;)

Thank you for defending the kid. she is a 12 year old. I wonder if they feel the same way when baseball players take practice swings before stepping into the box. When it counted it looked pretty darn confident to me. IJS

I feel like if you're doing all that set drilling then that means your not confident. I just feel like you shouldn't be competing a skill thats not consistent or your confident in. And isn't that what warm ups are for, to warm up your skill. To me it seems like your walking out on the floor with have not even warmed it up.

Just out of curiosity are you a tumbling coach or compete the same skills the athlete you are talking about? I only ask because if you are debbie love then i would understand! otherwise i am wondering how you would know they arent confident to throw a skill?

So sad that their owner did that to me. Kudos to Maryland Twisters for stepping up and letting them become part of their program for the rest of the season. Exciting to see another level 5 tea that will represent the gym at Worlds.

As for the Reign not having a bid thing, if Reign is not at worlds this year I cry because they are an amazing team and one of my favorites.

Back