All-Star Battle At The Capitol

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm about to lose it. No video of WeatherGirls up yet, and there isn't one on Twisters Live. Y'all, I am fixin' to unleash on someone right now.

Lol its been a long day wknd for all of us...im sure a video will be up soon...more than likely tomorrow...It was like another long wknd of dallas all of again

I like for real. I'm like, if you need to do all that, then you DO NOT need to be throwing that skill. Point blank.
Really so if they hit perfectly with no problem they should not tumble because they like to mark their arms b4 the routine starts? Kids do straight jumps, wipe their hands on the mat... If it's that annoying to you look away until the music starts

I just think it's awkward when everyone else is in clean and someone is twitching out in some capacity. I'm sure you can't see it from 50 ft away (unless it's a set drill and you're doing it 800 times)..but visually it's so distracting. Or when everyone else is in a pose and there's always that ONE person who's adjusting or fidgeting..

For me, visually, it's lack of confidence. Unless it's worlds, in which case nothing short of the hand of God would keep my body from full-on spazzing. I have neurological issues, though, so it's not like it's my fault :p

this competition continues to disappoint me....there are probably about 50 good seats in the whole venue, expensive, crappy food inside. the restaurants around the hotel must completely forget each year about the 100's of cheerleaders and spectators that will want food and drink. we went into the bar to eat (since a table was a 45 minute wait) they had ONE person working!!! eventually another staffer came out, but really??

and the judging? How is the world does a level 1 team achieve scores in the low 90's???

In major Cheer Hangover mode, but had a an overall great time this weekend. But for anyone that cares these were my highs and lows for the weekend:

Lows: not getting to see so many fierceboards that i knew were here, but never had the time to see. WAYYY overpriced food. not having much of anything for food in the coaches room. getting the worst scoring for my sr. level 3 team - who hit amazing both days by the way & getting the run around from the staff when i questioned it. Not trying to say we should have won but the scores based on our routine and their execution of it did NOT match up at all! (sorry....my little rant for the day...)

Highs: Seeing all 12 teams from our gym give overall amazing performances. Meeting some great people from other programs and seeing a lot of great sportsmanship. My wonderful jr. 2 team winning and getting junior level 2 grand champs. Seeing Hot Cheer get the paid bid & literally balling my eyes out for them. They are genuinally the nicest, most wonderful people. It was really nice to see something great happen to really good people. Crimson Heat people coming to my sr. 3 teams performances and playing the drum the whole time because one of our kids asked they if they could and they actually came, despite their busy schedule! Fantastic people there!!

In major Cheer Hangover mode, but had a an overall great time this weekend. But for anyone that cares these were my highs and lows for the weekend:

Lows: not getting to see so many fierceboards that i knew were here, but never had the time to see. WAYYY overpriced food. not having much of anything for food in the coaches room. getting the worst scoring for my sr. level 3 team - who hit amazing both days by the way & getting the run around from the staff when i questioned it. Not trying to say we should have won but the scores based on our routine and their execution of it did NOT match up at all! (sorry....my little rant for the day...)

Highs: Seeing all 12 teams from our gym give overall amazing performances. Meeting some great people from other programs and seeing a lot of great sportsmanship. My wonderful jr. 2 team winning and getting junior level 2 grand champs. Seeing Hot Cheer get the paid bid & literally balling my eyes out for them. They are genuinally the nicest, most wonderful people. It was really nice to see something great happen to really good people. Crimson Heat people coming to my sr. 3 teams performances and playing the drum the whole time because one of our kids asked they if they could and they actually came, despite their busy schedule! Fantastic people there!!

I feel like the scoring at BATC is always a little hard to understand. Not saying its wrong necessarily, just that it doesn't make sense to me given they are using the jam brands score sheets and I usually feel like I understand the placings at the jam brand events. Wasn't able to attend this year so I am hoping to see more videos from the event!

and the judging? How is the world does a level 1 team achieve scores in the low 90's???

The maximum score for level 1 is 184.5, so a score of 90 is really a percentage score - they take the team's score in points, divide it by 184.5, then they get the final (percentage) score. It is a way to be able to tell, across levels, which teams achieved the highest. If they just left it in raw points, you wouldn't be able to tell as easily that a level 1 team was super-amazing for level 1, when compared to level 5 (with 240 as a max number of points). Does that make sense? I feel like I'm not doing a very good job of explaining, lol.

anyone have a vid of Keystone extreme large Sr3 or Blackout Small coed restricted?

Really so if they hit perfectly with no problem they should not tumble because they like to mark their arms b4 the routine starts? Kids do straight jumps, wipe their hands on the mat... If it's that annoying to you look away until the music starts
Jumping up and down and wiping the floor,I don't have a problem with. Its all that marking I have a problem with. To me it seems like they are doing it for attention. A lout of the times ill watch them to see if they are going to a standing full or handsprings to a full/double and they end up doing a standing tuck and the skill they were drill setting for was at running tumbling(pointless). Like I said if you don't have it by the time you set on that floor, you shouldn't do it. Thats how athletes get injured and the unsafety toll of cheerleading raises.

The maximum score for level 1 is 184.5, so a score of 90 is really a percentage score - they take the team's score in points, divide it by 184.5, then they get the final (percentage) score. It is a way to be able to tell, across levels, which teams achieved the highest. If they just left it in raw points, you wouldn't be able to tell as easily that a level 1 team was super-amazing for level 1, when compared to level 5 (with 240 as a max number of points). Does that make sense? I feel like I'm not doing a very good job of explaining, lol.

i see what you mean, but when compared to some of the other levels scores, it just JUMPED off the page. no disrepect to the team at all, i didn't see them, i'm sure they were great. i just feel that on the flip side, there were some l5 teams that did great, but weren't rewareded as generously...;)

Back