All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

social networking at its finest :rolleyes:

This isn't about missing practice but missing work. When I saw your comment...I HAD to share.

We mistakenly hired this girl (she's actually in her 30's but is not mature enough to call a woman). She is married and has 3 or 4 kids. We know she not a partner either. She was only hired to work 4 days and her shift is 2 - 10. From the very start, she would call in at least once every week. She must have started to realize that we were getting irritated.

She soon started saying she was having back problems. We even got her a high back chair so she could be somewhat comfortable. These 'back problems' were a constant subject for discussion every week. This went on for about a month and a half. She started asking if we had any ideas what it could be (she didn't have insurance and couldn't afford to see a doctor). One night (the night before her work week was to begin) she actually called both me and my boss asking if we thought she should go get checked out. We both highly recommended she did (we were tired of hearing about it). The next day a couple of hours before she was due to start, she called my boss and said she was at the hospital and thought she might be late. Of course she never made it that night.

Around 11:30 that night, she posted the following:

"Congratulations to our dear friends X and X on the birth of their new baby. And thank you so much for letting us be there to help welcome him/her."

She never complained about her back again!! I was soooooo furious!! I couldn't believe that she went to all the trouble to think of a good story and play it out for that long!! When we talk about that now (not with her) we always give her credit for not lying.....she actually WAS at the hosp when she called!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

I'm on jv cheer this season, and there were these girls that got suspended because of grades, they never came to practice OR games. So they never got unsuspended. when one of them would come to the game she'd always have to leave early before the game started. her last excuse was that "there was family problems going on and she needed to be home" uhm no. you went to the movies people told us they saw you there.
next day we had an all day practice, and she didnt show. the team was SO pissed, after all the practice was for our comp in a week. after the practice me and another teammate notice she was online on facebook. We flipped out at her, she gave both of us different reasons. She told one of us that she told our coach kae but she must not of heard her, and told the other she hadnt told kae yet. Her main excuse? "My grandma has cancer" No. with all of your lies i can't believe you..Needless to say, she got kicked off and our other coach, and her daughter and daughters best friends spent like 2 hours at her house trying to get her come out to get her never turned in uniform.
Which we needed for the comp the next day.

I think the best excuse I ever got was a mom called me and said she couldn't bring her daughter to practice because SHE had a headache (not the daughter, THE MOM) ... Like ummmm really?!?
Yes. That´s great. Got a phone call (today), that one of my youth girls won´t come. Her mom is in another town, and her dad isn´t at home. So no one can bring her to the gym and it SNOWS outside.
So - it´s germany. It´s january. Are you really surprised it snows? She lives door to door with two other girls, from the gym. Let´s see if they make it trough the huge amount of snow (just kidding, not more than 30 cm) to the gym, that it about 15 minutes from their home.

Oh and i hate when the kids call 60 minutes before practise starts that they will not show up because of a, b and c.
You have school theater? And you didn´t know by now? :mad:

2 years ago I drove 2 hours to the gym that I cheered at and it was all backroads and not a fun drive at all and one time I was driving in a blizzard and my truck got stuck in a snow bank and my coach told me to have AAA drive me the rest of the way (1 1/2 hours) to practice... hahahahaha

2 years ago I drove 2 hours to the gym that I cheered at and it was all backroads and not a fun drive at all and one time I was driving in a blizzard and my truck got stuck in a snow bank and my coach told me to have AAA drive me the rest of the way (1 1/2 hours) to practice... hahahahaha

Did they ;)?

I guess if my parents would have to pay more tution, they would be more motivated to drive their kids to practise. Sometimes it seems, it´s not the kids that "can´t", but the moms who "don´t want to".

How poor is it to get your 10 year old to call her coach and tell her she can´t come to practise because of xy (some kind of lie) - if i have the proove of something like this one day, i will call this mom out in a good moment (right in front of all the other parents). :wasntme:

A girl recently gave me the excuse " I wont be able to come to next wednesdays practice because my grandmother won the lottery and our family is meeting that day to discuss it." I asked her how much did she win "She only won 25 milion so its not that much but when I get my money Ill buy you something nice."
I let her miss practice ahaha

We had a girl recently say she could not come to her 2pm cheer practice because there was a concert that night at 7pm and she did not want to be sweaty

Did they ;)?

I guess if my parents would have to pay more tution, they would be more motivated to drive their kids to practise. Sometimes it seems, it´s not the kids that "can´t", but the moms who "don´t want to".

How poor is it to get your 10 year old to call her coach and tell her she can´t come to practise because of xy (some kind of lie) - if i have the proove of something like this one day, i will call this mom out in a good moment (right in front of all the other parents). :wasntme:
Lol if you want to embarrass her, pull an Alisha and make her run laps in front of everyone :p

We had a girl that called in sick every other practice, she was never sick.. just hungover. Oh yeah, she's in 8th grade... :mad:

This isn't exactly missing, but we had a girl who played soccer for her school and we would move practices so she could make it. She always came in saying "I am too tired" or "My leg hurts" or something, and our coach always let her sit! As captain, it infuriated me! I ran XC and ran 5+ miles before I came here, get off your butt and practice!

We had a girl that called in sick every other practice, she was never sick.. just hungover. Oh yeah, she's in 8th grade... :mad:

This isn't exactly missing, but we had a girl who played soccer for her school and we would move practices so she could make it. She always came in saying "I am too tired" or "My leg hurts" or something, and our coach always let her sit! As captain, it infuriated me! I ran XC and ran 5+ miles before I came here, get off your butt and practice!

:-D
I don't know which is worse - kids that don't come to practise and give you a bad excuse, or kids show up and tell you "they can't today" because xy.

Friday i almost lost my calm, nice character on a girl on my youth 3. I wanted to yell at her and put her back on minis 1.

They were stunting for like 10 minutes, just doing prep full down and some easy drills.
I came over watching them and making corrections and she said:
"Coach, i have to sit down. I'm tired, i can't stunt anymore."

I had to go away and take a deep breath -don't know what i would have done.

Back