Biggest Competition Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is kind of similar to ^^^, but it's super annoying to me for some reason when level 5 teams get on the floor and they take literally 5 minutes to get set doing all that spiriting and stuff then everyone stands still and there's that ONE girl who does the reach up, wrap, and pull like she's marking a full. Like congratulations, you're about to throw a full or double. It's not necessary to do that. Like, if you're throwing it at competition you should know the proper technique by now so stop with the pretend fulls. Maybe they're trying to brag & show the audience "look at me I can do a full" but ugh, so annoying. Even worse I think is when someone NOT level 5 does that...you aren't even doing a full!! what are you doing?!

oh & for some reason it really bugs me when a team goes on the floor to perform, and takes 5 minutes to jump up and down on the floor, clap, do handshakes, hug every person on the floor, stretch there back, mark there tumbling etc. thats what the time is for behind stage :). I mean a couple handshakes here or there is fine, but I mean come on. Especially the stretching... you can do that right before you come onto the floor.

you have to think about being in their shoes, being a level 5 team, alot is expected out of you. Unlike any other team of course. P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E, and maybe backstage when the athletes were warming up, didnt go so well, or maybe , and hopefully, it did! Either way theres really nothing wrong with keeping up the spirit!

the wait between warm up/practice room, until actually going on to compeate...I swear 15 mins has never seemed so long in my lifee!

Well I'm not sure if they've been mentioned but here are my 2.
1. When you have an incredibly ridiculous amount of time between when you are done warming up and when you are announced onto the floor... the warm up just became pointless as you've had time to cool back down.

2. When the competition mixes up the team before you and your own... because they have similar uniforms, and mixes up the score sheets thus causing you to not make day 2... happened to us. Really sucked.

you have to think about being in their shoes, being a level 5 team, alot is expected out of you. Unlike any other team of course. P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E, and maybe backstage when the athletes were warming up, didnt go so well, or maybe , and hopefully, it did! Either way theres really nothing wrong with keeping up the spirit!

Well I am on a level 5 team.. I just think that the marking of standing fulls 10 times before the music coems on is annoyingg...

Experiencing this one this weekend: arenas/halls that are way to small for the amount of teams competing... And there's standing room only.

Experiencing this one this weekend: arenas/halls that are way to small for the amount of teams competing... And there's standing room only.
Oooooh man I can only imagine how frustrating that could be. And it doesn't make sense that if the event is so packed why didn't the hosting company choose a larger venue?... Hopefully they will take that into consideration for their next event. lol

Oooooh man I can only imagine how frustrating that could be. And it doesn't make sense that if the event is so packed why didn't the hosting company choose a larger venue?... Hopefully they will take that into consideration for their next event. lol

Hmm... I should restate that haha. The venue is HUGE. But the stage and everything like that is set up soooo different compared to past years. It's like the size of a high school gymnasium now! But it could be worse, at least it's run well!

Im not a huge fan of crossovers in different uniforms than everyone else on the squad. My daughter crosses over and we have literally had to change while walking back to warm-ups....it CAN be done.

Im not a huge fan of crossovers in different uniforms than everyone else on the squad. My daughter crosses over and we have literally had to change while walking back to warm-ups....it CAN be done.

i think the only reason that people have different uniforms on one team, is when it's a quick fill in-accident in warm ups/week before the comp.

but if it is a normal cross over, then i completely agree!

1. When someone lands their tumbling pass and they shimmy for the rest of the routine, smack their butt cheek, blow a kiss, point, snap, clap, and whip their ponytail until they go airborn.
2. Spankies that don't cover your entire butt cheeks and then the skirt flies up and the whole crowd gets a front row view of the full moon running around the stage.
3. People who save like, 17 rows of seats with just one duffel bag and you go to find a seat and you see an empty row and some lady all the way across the convention center's all like "THAT SEAT IS TAKEN!"

this post made me laugh really hard. and i have a headache right now. not good.

but i definitely agree with all three of these. and many of the other ones posted..
especially - waiting for forever between warmups & competing, people walking around in their uniform skirt and uggs (i yelled at my sister the day before her first competition for even asking me if she could wear them there), competitions that don't adhere to the schedule. seriously, you made a schedule. don't go and re-order it just because one team asked you to go later. deal with it. people standing up and walking in front of you when you're watching. teams that cheer after second place is announced because it wasn't them...let the second place team have their moment too. nagging / rude / obnoxious people that run the competitions and yell at teams for EVERY LITTLE THING.

i could go on for hours.

We just had one at the mall of america yesterday. Literally NO seats except like 40 chairs in front for right before your team went on. Hot mess.

Back