All-Star Champion's League Autographed Back Packs By Nfinity~

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Let's get a few things straight.
1. These kids are just teenagers with enough stress on their plates.
2. They have school which = homework
3. They have cheer, some may still have school cheer as well, and might I add this is the most important month of cheerleading so they spend a lot of their time at the gym preparing for the biggest competition of the season.
4. They have family
5. They have friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.
6. Some may have jobs
7. Seniors & some juniors are having to think about college and their future.
8. They have to deal with the daily challenges of being a teenager, which I may add, is not the easiest time of your life.
9. You get my point.

I'm sorry, but criticizing an auction for charity simply because all the kids did was sign a backpack is beyond ridiculous. These kids have enough going on, a lot of them wouldn't even have enough time to get actively involved in a charity. And some of the charities they donated to could not even have given them a job to do. The kids did what they could, and even though all they did was sign a backpack, I bet they all felt so proud of themselves that they were doing it for charity and now there are people who are saying unnecessary comments about it. Just think about how that probably made them feel.

Yes, is there anyone that knows? @mstealtoyou?

I'm glad the money was raised, no matter how large or small. And I'm really hoping that the SE was legit bids!!

I had to quit reading this thread because I was getting frustrated.

If you want to encourage kids to give more. You're going to give praise for what are doing. You will never get more out of them with criticism.

This almost seems like no good deed goes unpunished.

These athletes need to get positive feedback for what they did, no matter how big or small the act was. It seems that some people feel that the athletes didn't make enough personal sacrifice in performing their act of charity. They gave up something in order to give to others. Could they do more ? Sure, and so could everybody else.

There would have been less criticism directed at the athletes if they had done nothing charity related at all. Is this really the message we want to send out?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm glad the money was raised, no matter how large or small. And I'm really hoping that the SE was legit bids!!

from the ask.com ceacoach site:

did someone really buy the nfinity signed se backpack for $16k on ebay?
Yes, but it wasn't about the backpack it was more for the cause that the $ went to
about 9 hours ago

im guessing yes.

Yes, but it wasn't about the backpack it was more for the cause that the $ went to
about 9 hours ago

im guessing yes.

Glad it all worked! Thanks for the update. :)

about 9 hours ago

im guessing yes.

Right! That's what I thought and hoped was the reason. Good, I hope this money helps the family tremendously.

We have a message in to Nfinity trying to double check if it's been paid yet. I texted CSP yesterday about this and forgot to update,sorry!!!

I bid and won one of the backpacks (not the $14K one!) and paid on the 11th....it still has not shipped, yet on the Ebay posting it had said expected delivery was 4/17. I am thrilled that the money is going to a wonderful charity, but wish Nfinity was better at communicating with the auction winners and sending out the backpacks. I really wanted to surprise my daughter with it for Worlds.

You're damn right I do! <3
Not very people I trust w/my child!! :)

*eta I hope my post wasn't misconstrued (not by you Missy- just posting it here since it's the first reply I've read after my post earlier). I think all forms of charity are good. Things don't just pay for themselves- animal shelters, research, homeless shelters, etc.- so I'd never discount the need for money, nor would I shun it; what about the people who can't get to treatment for financial reasons (also another good hands on opportunity lol), research for certain things/areas not currently covered with grants or enough money with grants, etc. Etc.
I just meant that there are so many ways to be of service physically- like bringing families meals; god bless my parents church family for keeping my dad and sister fed during those long stays at the hosptial , surgery, etc.- even though most people who know me know I don't share the same religious beliefs, that's a perfect example for the better aspects of organized religion that I like- I just wish it didn't take religion for people to unite for the common greater good, but I'm getting off the point. Which is that they're both equally important- but getting your hands dirty isn't a bad lesson for kids.

Also, @mstealtoyou did not know me very well at all, yet when my daughter broke her arm, she was there (w/little bit if I'm not mistsaken) with an armful of balloons, stuffed animals, and SUPPORT for me the day of her surgery. My husband was doing clinicals and couldn't make it to her surgery until after she was already under. Missy waited w/me until he got there. You know what else? She never publically "patted herself on the back" for public recognition-not once. So yes, you're right girl, you don't have to "impress" me or prove your heart to me bc you already did a few years ago when I hardly knew you. :)

This was a secret. You're ruining my bitchy online persona I've honed the last 10 years. Heart you!!!

Wasn't that for that water thing where you turn off your phone and someone donates water for each minute you don't use your phone? I remember people discussing it in the random thread. Can't remember everyone who was talking about it though.

Anyway, love the SOT Purple Royalty backpack with all the colors!
Just reading through this thread now but hey that was me ;)

Back