All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not stir the pot at all but just to clarify this whole Amber Pickens situation being that I am "social media" savvy these days :cool: Apparently she was on Senior Elite and quit after NCA due to being bullied and CSP not doing anything about it. Also the demands required of the athletes on Senior Elite became unbearable and started making her hate cheer. She quit and some how she moved to Dallas. So now she's just going to tumble and stuff at gyms in the area. Of course everyone assumed she's now at CA because she's in Dallas. So thats where that rumor came from.... NEXTTTTT...

BlueCat I've got a question for you:

You're now in a mega-gym position (where you have other locations). How do you deal with the continuity of coaching philosophy across the board at all locations? Particularly for newer/younger coaches? And if a parent came to you with a problem about a specific coach, how do you address that sort of thing? (if you could give a general overview, doesn't have to be specifics).

Not stir the pot at all but just to clarify this whole Amber Pickens situation being that I am "social media" savvy these days :cool: Apparently she was on Senior Elite and quit after NCA due to being bullied and CSP not doing anything about it. Also the demands required of the athletes on Senior Elite became unbearable and started making her hate cheer. She quit and some how she moved to Dallas. So now she's just going to tumble and stuff at gyms in the area. Of course everyone assumed she's now at CA because she's in Dallas. So thats where that rumor came from.... NEXTTTTT...
The rumor came from her tweeting "When Texas calls.... Maybe I'll look better in blue, black, and white ✊"
I don't know why everyone thinks she's in Dallas because she never said she was. All her posts that referenced Dallas I read as referring to NCA.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The rumor came from her tweeting "When Texas calls.... Maybe I'll look better in blue, black, and white ✊"
I don't know why everyone thinks she's in Dallas because she never said she was. All her posts that referenced Dallas I read as referring to NCA.

What bugs is about that is the "when Texas calls part" You're not a free agent in the NFL, nobody is going to call you up and beg for you to be on their team because you are now teamless.

Last edited:
What bugs is about that is the "when Texas calls part" You're not a free agent in the NFL, nobody is going to call you up and beg for you to be on their team because you are now teamless.

I wish I could shimmy this a thousand times! And the best part is that of all the places to "call" she thinks one of the top cheerleading states in the country will. Heads up: Cheer Athletics doesn't try to get athletes; athletes try to get to Cheer Athletics.

I wish I could shimmy this a thousand times! And the best part is that of all the places to "call" she thinks one of the top cheerleading states in the country will. Heads up: Cheer Athletics doesn't try to get athletes; athletes try to get to Cheer Athletics.

Last edited:
BlueCat I've got a question for you:

You're now in a mega-gym position (where you have other locations). How do you deal with the continuity of coaching philosophy across the board at all locations? Particularly for newer/younger coaches? And if a parent came to you with a problem about a specific coach, how do you address that sort of thing? (if you could give a general overview, doesn't have to be specifics).

Continuity of coaching philosophy. For now, the gym directors for every location will all hail from the "mothership" in Plano. They will be well versed in our overall philosophy. They will adapt to their specific location, but will maintain the overall feel of the CA Family. The will, in turn, teach that to the coaches at each location.

Questions about specific coach. Those are handled on a case-by-case basis and depend on the situation.

Continuity of coaching philosophy. For now, the gym directors for every location will all hail from the "mothership" in Plano. They will be well versed in our overall philosophy. They will adapt to their specific location, but will maintain the overall feel of the CA Family. The will, in turn, teach that to the coaches at each location.

Questions about specific coach. Those are handled on a case-by-case basis and depend on the situation.
Do you re-affirm this philosophy with them? If so, how often? It's never something I've thought about, until recently :D

Thanks for your insight!

Do you re-affirm this philosophy with them? If so, how often? It's never something I've thought about, until recently :D

Thanks for your insight!

We don't currently have a set time frame for that. The people we have/will have as directors generally aren't going to stray from our core values regardless of how long it has been since we talked about it.

Latest posts

Back