All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why do your lower level teams not get the same music quality and choreo as your level 5 teams?!
If JR would agree to do 42 mixes for us we would absolutely jump for joy. But that's not possible...he's a genius. These teams aren't charged for that caliber of music. As far as choreography, I personally don't think any of our teams are purposely slighted in that category. But I will note that that is a perceived observation for sure.

How do you teach those awesome bases to stunt? Is there a stunt class for bases?
Experience fixing and correcting and trouble shooting grips helps a lot. Also, most kids learn a position and never spend a season not basing, flying, etc due to how we crossover so they never stop learning what they are the best at year to year. I do a great deal of stunt camps and pyramid choreography over the summer. Senior Elite stunt groups travel during the summer as well teaching and demonstrating at gyms across the country.

How much do you feel that you got to know your Senior Elite seniors on a personal level? Do you/would you consider having an international team for them later on?
I would give my left pinky for any of them to be on the floor in our uniform again. We will have an IOC 5 tryout in the fall. Many of my seniors are cheering at universities that would prevent that from happening in the near future. Personally, I've had the joy of seeing most of them every Sunday of their childhood for the last decade. It's been an honor watching them grow up from a front row seat. Since I coach level 5 from youth all the way up.....I still see them as they looked as a youth elite kid many seasons ago.

Well i never said they were issues it was just a question*the entire point of this thread* ...ive noticed it for years with their lower level teams and just simply wanted to know why or what was the reason behind it...to me good music plays a major role when it comes to a routine no matter what level your on..and also i personally think that their level 5 teams has more innovative choreo than the lower levels....not being rude at all just simply asking a question :)
Point taken. I understand. =)

Why do you Love to do what you do everyday, What do you coach for? <3
I coach for the "i did it" smile. It can happen in the gym, on the competition floor, or when they run in telling me they made their college team. My whole life growing up I was convinced I was going to be a competitive gymnast competing at the Olympics. I would go outside and make up routines on all four events that my parents constructed homemade outside...I "vaulted" onto my trampoline, used the swingset for uneven bars..you get the picture. Even though I never once competed as a gymnast, or was even on a team...the closest I came was finally getting to do power tumbling after teaching myself in the backyard for all those years. No one ever bothered to tell me there was no way my dream was going to come true...even though that was pretty obvious. I kept thinking I still had time. I love giving kids that same opportunity...to believe anything is possible...the vehicle I get to use to that end is cheerleading.

Back