All-Star Cheersport Nationals Updates Day 2 (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow.. Sorry, I didn't mean to stir up trouble with asking about Paid Bid winners going to other Bid competitions. Looking back, I could have worded the question differently.
And as someone said, my question was more directed at how the bids are given out, not the teams who participate.

Can any one tell me why teams that already have paid bids still go to competitions that are giving bids? With the way bids are distributed, it doesn't seem fair. And to get "practice" seems like a lame excuse. You can practice anywhere.
For example, in Cheersport, the paid bid went to the top team in the division. If the top three teams already had paid bids, the paid bid was put into a pool to be given out at the Cheersport's discretion. In our division the top 4 already had paid bids which precluded anyone from that division to get a paid bid without pulling a "pooled" bid. So only the 2 AL were given.

I think that stinks.
teams/gyms go to comps not just for bids but to be national champs. Yes you'll have to work more to get money if your team gets an at-large but at least you got a ticket to go to worlds.

ETA: I just saw your response to everyone. Ignore my response

I can only assume since I'm not one of the people who decided who gave out bids, but I would think that after watching the videos they determined that the team who got the bid was deserving of it. The best solution would be to stop splitting the worlds divisions.
Or if you split a division, worlds or not, make both divisions compete in the same hall with the same judges.

teams/gyms go to comps not just for bids but to be national champs. Yes you'll have to work more to get money if your team gets an at-large but at least you got a ticket to go to worlds.

ETA: I just saw your response to everyone. Ignore my response
I wish we got a ticket to worlds. We were next in line for the AL bid. If the paid bid stayed in the division we would have gotten an AL bid but whet home empty handed. (Actually, we didn't perform well on our 2nd day and to get a bid for that performance........ smh.

Last edited:
In large junior 3 divison 1 the teams that placed top 3 all had paid summit bids prior to this competition.

In large junior 3 divison 2 the team that got 1st has a paid summit bid already.

All 4 large junior 3 teams according to the summit website that have paid bids were all 4 at cheersport. I think that shows right there why those 4 likely have bids.

The 4th place team in division 1 was really good also but none of those other teams could touch our scores as they were way higher than everyone else! All 4 of the teams with paid bids had deductions one or both days so they made mistakes and could still hang in the top.

I think all 4 of the paid bid winners would agree this is great preparation for the summit that we have all seen each other at cheersport and we will bring it!

So if you can't beat any of those top 3 teams at Cheersport do you really still want a summit bid? That means your chances are very slim if you do happen to make it to the summit ... Not saying it isn't possible and everyone has a bad performance but do you just really want to skate by and get the bid just to get to the summit and not have a chance all over again.

And then if paid bid winners aren't aloud to go did were you really the best of the best that won at cheersport. Probably not.
I was referring to worlds bids.

I wish we got a ticket to worlds. We were next in line for the AL bid. If the paid bid stayed in the division we would have gotten an AL bid but whet home empty handed. (Actually, we didn't perform well on our 2nd day and to get a bid for that performance........ smh.
sounds like you were pretty close to getting one of those at large bids so I'm sure you'll have a better chance at UCA. I think this was the first year cheersport used top 3 rule to give out bids.

Someone must have declined the AL bid because it has been given to Cheer Extreme IOC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a team that got an AL bid that had an AL bid from Atlantic City last weekend. I wonder if there was some confusion and Cheersport didn't realize they had one already.

It can be frustrating, but it is what it is. We have been "next-in-line" several times throughout the years. Bids can be incredibly tough to get. RoyalCats got a higher final score (96.96) than 6 of the 8 paid bids but didn't get a paid bid due to the way they distributed bids. We did get our very first Worlds bid for our Charlotte gym and we are incredibly proud of them and the other CA teams that weekend.

CHEERSPORT Paid Bids:
1. 97.53 Rockstar Beatles
2. 96.98 GymTyme Blink
3. 96.93 CEA Lady Elite
4. 96.79 ICE Lady Lightning
5. 96.64 ACE Chiefs
6. 96.48 Georgia Heat
7. 96.35 CEA Senior Elite
8. 96.29 CEA Coed Elite

For info purposes only - score comparisons between divisions/panels/halls/etc is not always fair.

Last edited:
It can be frustrating, but it is what it is. We have been "next-in-line" several times throughout the years. Bids can be incredibly tough to get. RoyalCats got a higher final score (96.96) than 6 of the 8 paid bids but didn't get a paid bid due to the way they distributed bids. We did get our very first Worlds bid for our Charlotte gym and we are incredibly proud of them and the other CA teams that weekend.

CHEERSPORT Paid Bids:
1. 97.53 Rockstar Beatles
2. 96.98 GymTyme Blink
3. 96.93 CEA Lady Elite
4. 96.79 ICE Lady Lightning
5. 96.64 ACE Chiefs
6. 96.48 Georgia Heat
7. 96.35 CEA Senior Elite
8. 96.29 CEA Coed Elite

For info purposes only - score comparisons between divisions/panels/halls/etc is not always fair.
So proud of RoyalCats :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're kidding right? So my CPs' team who got a bid their second competition of the season should stop competing at bid comps (which is pretty much all we go to) until Worlds??!!
Cheersport and NCA would be a much sadder place if paid bid winners stayed home!

I seem to remember something like that happening in 2011. I was so excited my cp's team was going to Dallas so I could watch senior elite live. Unfortunately Senior Elite got their bid early that year and ended up not going to Dallas...so disappointing!

Back