All-Star Cheersport Nationals Updates Day 2 (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's still different judging panels/"divisions" though, one may have scored everyone higher than the other one, who knows, but I understand where you're coming from.
but I thought that was the point of having the video review was to avoid this happening. same thing happened to us last year.

but I thought that was the point of having the video review was to avoid this happening. same thing happened to us last year.
I can only assume since I'm not one of the people who decided who gave out bids, but I would think that after watching the videos they determined that the team who got the bid was deserving of it. The best solution would be to stop splitting the worlds divisions.

Can any one tell me why teams that already have paid bids and still go to competitions that are giving bids? With the way bids are distributed, it doesn't seem fair. And to get "practice" seems like a lame excuse. You can practice anywhere.
For example, in Cheersport, the paid bid went to the top team in the division. If the top three teams already had paid bids, the paid bid was put into a pool to be given out at the Cheersport's discretion. In our division the top 4 already had paid bids which precluded anyone from that division to get a paid bid. So only the 2 AL were given.

I think that stinks.
When competition schedules are made over the summer we do not know when teams/what comps bids will be earned... most teams put several bid comps on the schedule to make sure there are more than one chance to earn a bid....
Travel arrangements are made several months before a comp. Teams cant just not go because they already have a bid. That would be silly.

Can any one tell me why teams that already have paid bids and still go to competitions that are giving bids? With the way bids are distributed, it doesn't seem fair. And to get "practice" seems like a lame excuse. You can practice anywhere.
For example, in Cheersport, the paid bid went to the top team in the division. If the top three teams already had paid bids, the paid bid was put into a pool to be given out at the Cheersport's discretion. In our division the top 4 already had paid bids which precluded anyone from that division to get a paid bid. So only the 2 AL were given.

I think that stinks.
You're kidding right? So my CPs' team who got a bid their second competition of the season should stop competing at bid comps (which is pretty much all we go to) until Worlds??!!
Cheersport and NCA would be a much sadder place if paid bid winners stayed home!

I think that stinks.
Teams can't practice competing against other teams in their division at practice. There wouldn't be any point in having these major competitions if teams that already have paid bids can't go. It's a competitive sport, teams want to compete, not just perform their routine for no reason. Also, most teams schedules are made long before they know when/if they get a bid, they aren't gonna just all of a sudden pull out of a competition that is probably already paid for just to make it easier for other teams to get bids.

I think that stinks.
few reasons. you can hope but you cant really "anticipate" which event you're going to get your bid at. the competitions are generally picked at the beginning of the season, and they're not going to pull out of an event like cheersport because they already have a paid. its about the experience. i don't think "practice" is a lame excuse cause for most this is the first big competition.

the issue you're wanting resolved isn't with the teams competing with paid bids, its with the EPS.

Last edited:

I think that stinks.

Most gyms make their competiton schedules before the season even begins. They pay the competition fees upfront. How are they supposed to know when they are going to be getting a bid? Just because a team has a bid early doesn't mean they shouldn't go to any more competitons till worlds. Every competition matters. Most of the big competitions that teams go to give out worlds bids. Why would you say a team cant go to a competition just because they have a paid bid already? Teams change things in their routines throughout the season and putting them out on the floor is what makes them get better.

So your saying that all the teams that already have paid bids shouldn't go to cheersport or NCA? The 2 biggest competitions of the year besides worlds. That just seems like a silly statement.

I think that stinks.

It quite/very unfair to suggest that some kids shouldn't get to experience these really fun competitions, get to travel and see friends from all across the country and have team bonding time because they are "too good" and already have their bid.

Floor experience matters too, ever heard the phrase "practice champions"?. I'd hate to discover Day 1 in the packed out Milkhouse that my athlete was a practice champion, because they got their bid at rinky dink nationals with 3 people in the audience and didn't go to any other comps.

I think that stinks.
We knew that was the case (and generally is) when nationals season starts, so we also knew our goal was to be top three. If you weren't top three you still had a chance it was just more remote because you were in a pool of other non-paid bids already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that stinks.
Teams in your division could've still gotten a paid bids. There wasn't a paid bid guaranteed to your division since the top 3 had paids already, but any team could've gotten one of the "up for grabs" bids IF they were better than all the others fighting for those. There's a reason they didn't receive the full paid. If the top three hadn't had paid, your chances of getting a full paid would've been even lower, since there were only two up for grabs originally rather than the 3 they ended up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that stinks.

In large junior 3 divison 1 the teams that placed top 3 all had paid summit bids prior to this competition.

In large junior 3 divison 2 the team that got 1st has a paid summit bid already.

All 4 large junior 3 teams according to the summit website that have paid bids were all 4 at cheersport. I think that shows right there why those 4 likely have bids.

The 4th place team in division 1 was really good also but none of those other teams could touch our scores as they were way higher than everyone else! All 4 of the teams with paid bids had deductions one or both days so they made mistakes and could still hang in the top.

I think all 4 of the paid bid winners would agree this is great preparation for the summit that we have all seen each other at cheersport and we will bring it!

So if you can't beat any of those top 3 teams at Cheersport do you really still want a summit bid? That means your chances are very slim if you do happen to make it to the summit ... Not saying it isn't possible and everyone has a bad performance but do you just really want to skate by and get the bid just to get to the summit and not have a chance all over again.

And then if paid bid winners aren't aloud to go did were you really the best of the best that won at cheersport. Probably not.

I was just looking through the paid summit bids given out at cheersport and noticed in one division there was a tie for first place and only one of the teams was given a paid bid. I am pretty positive that the other team only has an at large at this point. How can they give to one and not the other? Not trying to start trouble but just really curious how that could happen.

I was just looking through the paid summit bids given out at cheersport and noticed in one division there was a tie for first place and only one of the teams was given a paid bid. I am pretty positive that the other team only has an at large at this point. How can they give to one and not the other? Not trying to start trouble but just really curious how that could happen.
Not speaking for cheersport but I have seen on previous bid declarations that if their is a tie the bid will go to the highest day 2 score or the team with 0 deductions

So maybe there is a tie breaker process.. Either way it goes it is still unfortunate for the other team:(

Not speaking for cheersport but I have seen on previous bid declarations that if their is a tie the bid will go to the highest day 2 score or the team with 0 deductions

So maybe there is a tie breaker process.. Either way it goes it is still unfortunate for the other team:(
It looks like that might have been the case, the team who got the bid was in 2nd Day 1 meaning they had to have had a higher score Day 2 to make up for it to tie.

Back