OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ahh lucky! I'm applying, but I'm trying to convince one of my parents two take me there. According to google maps, it's like a seven hour drive...and there's no airport. So no ones too excited :rolleyes:
well, best of luck with that one! i hope you get in!

Is anybody looking in to the MNU cheer thing that was posted a little while back, and I want to become a teacher do i major in the subject or in education?

Not sure if this is something that you have thought about but it was a plan that I was once going to go with. If you don't exactly want to spend your undergrad as an education major you can see if your school has a program that will allow you teaching certification. Where I was going to school they had a year long program that I could complete and have my teaching certification without taking all of the classes an education major has to take. This way if teaching doesn't work out, beware the amount of students graduating with an education degree and not getting a job is HUGE, you will have something else to fall back on.

My word of advice though is to really beware about committing to an Education major. I have several friends who graduated 2 years ago with an elemtentary ed degree and maybe 2 of them have jobs in a school. The others have had to find work outside of their degree field.

Does anyone know anything about Elon university? I talked with a rep at a college fair a couple weeks ago and they are great for physical therapy which is what I'm looking into.
I dont know much about Elon but they are in our conference for sports, and its always a good game when we play each other in football. I have a friend from Fl that goes to Elon for school and she loves it. I dont know where your from so im not sure if you know about the area but Elon isnt far from Greensboro and only about a hour from Raliegh which are both pretty big cities with alot going on.

@FamousxMindset if you are serious about pursuing an education major, I would heavily stress double majoring in special education. My sister is in her final year of an education major at Penn State, and all of her friends who double majored in special education are the ones that are getting jobs. It is already an extremely difficult job market for teachers, and many schools are incorporating the special needs students and learning disability students in with the "regular" students, so it will set you apart from somebody who doesn't have experience with how to handle these kids. Just my 2 cents :) Best of luck!

I want really want to go to Ithaca. It's in upstate New York, 60 miles from Syracuse
Ithaca is such an amazing school. That was actually my second choice. The campus and environment is beautiful and you will get such a great education. SUNY Cortland and Cornell are close by so you will meet alot of new people and always have something to do. Also, Syracuse is only about a 40 minute drive so you could go there if you want to get away from campus.

My list of colleges has completely changed. I will be a transfer student for Spring of 2012. Colleges currently being looked at:

Stevenson University (MD)
UMAB (MD)
Millersville University (PA)
East Strousburg (PA)
Neumann University (PA)
George Mason University (VA)

Sidenote, I will not be a cheerleader but however a laxer :)

Im completely stumped on how to start my personal statement for applications.
For one of mine I started it with a quote that was my life mantra, and then explained why. I really liked how it turned out because I didn't pick just a cliche saying, I picked something unique that might make me stand out to the application board. Just an idea! Good Luck!:)

I have one volunteer thing basically. Wonderful. And its donating blood. Im screwed.

I am not sure what kinds of schools you are looking to apply to and how hard they are to get into, but I would not freak if you don't have a ton of volunteering. It can help you but I have found that at many schools it won't hurt you to not have a ton.

Applying to colleges for me was never really that stressful. If you stress out too much it is just going to make the wait even worse. Relax and don't stress too much.

Im completely stumped on how to start my personal statement for applications.
Hated thoes. What are yours? mine were something like "what can you do to enrich our community? and the other one was something about goals.

My list of colleges has completely changed. I will be a transfer student for Spring of 2012. Colleges currently being looked at:

Stevenson University (MD)
UMAB (MD)
Millersville University (PA)
East Strousburg (PA)
Neumann University (PA)
George Mason University (VA)

Sidenote, I will not be a cheerleader but however a laxer :)

MASON!? :) It's about 15min away from my hometown..I may be possibly transferring to GMU in Fall 2012 for a paid internship in the local area. If you were at all interested in cheering, the GMU all-girl is not very time consuming, but still fun! I went to a clinic over fall break and loved it! :) My friend attends Neumann in PA and I have several friends who like Stevenson as well. Hopefully you'll find whatever school fits you best, good luck with your applications/decision!

Back