OT Dance Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Christie shouldnt have been upset about maddie not getting the lead.

They were looking for a mini-me of this singer lady, and maddy didnt look like her.
Chloe did. Chloe fits the part and has talent. The End.

I think yes Melissa is a little over the top with the things she does and says but then again she clearly wants to make sure her daughter is first and I don't blame her!
I think Maddie is the better dancer but no matter how good she would of been she wouldn't have got the part. Even before they announced the decision; chloe had the exact same hair as the Lux girl that means they already knew it was Chloe from the beginning.
I'm sure lifetime asked them to make it into a competition since they knew Chloe was going to be the lead so it fits in perfectly with the show. Yes I think Chloe did good but has nothing on Maddie and I think Chrisi is just as crazy as Melissa!

However I'm sure no one agrees with me with what I just said but I do think all this mess is what makes me tune in every week!!

I think yes Melissa is a little over the top with the things she does and says but then again she clearly wants to make sure her daughter is first and I don't blame her!
I think Maddie is the better dancer but no matter how good she would of been she wouldn't have got the part. Even before they announced the decision; chloe had the exact same hair as the Lux girl that means they already knew it was Chloe from the beginning.
I'm sure lifetime asked them to make it into a competition since they knew Chloe was going to be the lead so it fits in perfectly with the show. Yes I think Chloe did good but has nothing on Maddie and I think Chrisi is just as crazy as Melissa!

However I'm sure no one agrees with me with what I just said but I do think all this mess is what makes me tune in every week!!
Chloe is actually just as amazing of a dancer as Maddie is. when Chloe and Maddie were in the same age category last year (they were not this year, the show made it seem like they were) Chloe won against Maddie several times. Chloe was at the bottom of her age group this year because she was 9 in the 9-11 age group and Maddie was at the top being 8 in the 8 and under. They are both beautiful dancers and i love to watch them, they have had several duets together and every single one is AMAZING, they work so well together.

Chloe is actually just as amazing of a dancer as Maddie is. when Chloe and Maddie were in the same age category last year (they were not this year, the show made it seem like they were) Chloe won against Maddie several times. Chloe was at the bottom of her age group this year because she was 9 in the 9-11 age group and Maddie was at the top being 8 in the 8 and under. They are both beautiful dancers and i love to watch them, they have had several duets together and every single one is AMAZING, they work so well together.
Oh wow I didn't know that! No wonder Maddie wins in her division. She's the oldest with the most experience!!
And Chloe has to compete aginst girls 2 years older than her, who have probably danced for longer with more training.
So props to Chloe! :)

haha I loved MacKenzie: "Sometimes I just cry......it's really not a big deal." I like that Melissa doesn't seem to baby her though.

I think Christi is definitely right that the way Abby treats Chloe is a big part of her confidence issue. I think we can all relate to 7-12 year old kids wanting NOTHING more than to be considered "the best" in the eye of their constructor. That spot clearly belongs to Maddie. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with abby having a favorite, but Chloe is CLEARLY more timid and sensitive than Maddie, so to get the best out of her you can't treat her with the same intensity as Maddie. She shouldn't baby Chloe, but she shouldn't berate her to the degree that Abby does either.

When I was younger I danced at a studio and they had a group called "The Elite Petites" and it was basically the same thing. There were like 6 or 7 girls aged 7 through 10 that were stellar dancers. The girls stayed together for about 3 years, but then things went south. They won a lot of national titles, but the coach wore them down so hard that they had all quit by their senior year, and 3 of them had changed studios a few years after the group formed which ended their reign. I feel like this could be where Abby is heading.

Melissa makes me nauseous.
But.....YAY CHLOE. I was os happy for her!

Once I saw Chloe made up and what the singer looked like- and the lead was for a mini version of her, I knew chloe would get it - since they looked the most alike. ;)
Of course, all the moms have their dysfunctions - thats why we watch lol - not to mention editing, scripting - etc that goes along with reality tv...BUT I really think Melissa is taking some of her - " my daughter is the best all of the time, in every situation, and deserves everything" attitude a little too far - can't wait till next season!
I kind of miss Cathy - she was crazy - but made me laugh!

I never really realized how scripted this show is until they started showing more and more episodes. I know a lot of people in the dance world who HATE this show because of how rigged everything is. There was this big Maddie vs. Chloe theme all season when they weren't even in the same age group, and they had 2 totally different situations that made one win more than the other. I truly do think that these moms are like this. Craziness on this level can't be scripted.

I've been watching online as we don't have it here in the UK and the final episode hasn't been uploaded yet, its killing me waiting to watch

Back