All-Star Disturbed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My mom bought grapples once... I couldn't taste the difference, but my brothers thought it smelled like grape? The actual thing tasted like an apple to me though.

that's kind of how the cotton candy grapes were for me. i smelled cotton candy and i *think* the skin tasted like cotton candy, but as soon as i actually chewed the grape it just tasted like a grape. just that first bite, which is why i think the skin itself is flavored. i don't know. science is weird. though the grapes really were created with good old pollen and plants (even if the farmer forced pollen from one breed onto another.) i think i read it took them decades to get the flavor. crazy.

My mom bought grapples once... I couldn't taste the difference, but my brothers thought it smelled like grape? The actual thing tasted like an apple to me though.

What are grapples? Like grapes that taste like apples?

@kristenthegreat - they were sampling plumcots at wegmans one day this summer. I tried them and they were ok.... But I don't like plums or apricots so no one take my word on them :p

Also tonight I saw "mini kiwis" at the store; I've never even heard of them before. They were like miniature kiwis (like the size of cranberries) without the skin, so weird! Kiwis without the mess, I guess. What a world we live in, y'all.

What are grapples? Like grapes that taste like apples?

@kristenthegreat - they were sampling plumcots at wegmans one day this summer. I tried them and they were ok.... But I don't like plums or apricots so no one take my word on them :p

Also tonight I saw "mini kiwis" at the store; I've never even heard of them before. They were like miniature kiwis (like the size of cranberries) without the skin, so weird! Kiwis without the mess, I guess. What a world we live in, y'all.
Theyre apples that supposedly taste like grapes.
KIWI BERRIES I LOVE THEM

Never had a cotton candy grape, but where I am (NYC) Trader Joes has these things called Plumcots- they're a cross between a plum and an apricot. SO DELICIOUS, but they only ever have them for like 2-3 weeks in Sept. They have 2 varieties and they're SO pretty to look at and super delicious too!
It's actually called a pluot! We have them at sprouts here and one of the workers cut one up for me in the store so I could try it! They are so good! They taste like grapes

Never had a cotton candy grape, but where I am (NYC) Trader Joes has these things called Plumcots- they're a cross between a plum and an apricot. SO DELICIOUS, but they only ever have them for like 2-3 weeks in Sept. They have 2 varieties and they're SO pretty to look at and super delicious too!

I've never been a big fruit eater (besides the standards like grapes, apples, melons, etc) and when I worked as a cashier at Walmart it was SO awkward when a customer would bring up some unidentifiable fruit and I had to ask them what it was. I still don't know the difference between a peach and a nectarine.

I've never been a big fruit eater (besides the standards like grapes, apples, melons, etc) and when I worked as a cashier at Walmart it was SO awkward when a customer would bring up some unidentifiable fruit and I had to ask them what it was. I still don't know the difference between a peach and a nectarine.

Peaches are fuzzy and nectarines are smooth....at least that's how I tell them apart

If those are the same as pluots (and I think they are) they are our favorite and so hard to find. One day you magically come across them in the store and the next time they are gone. Sadly we did not find them this year.

Back