All-Star East Coast Championship Jan 29-30 Richmond Va Worlds Bid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just want to say I thought Fame's J5 team was out-of-this-world phenomenal and my heart breaks for such deserving kids who I personally didn't feel were awarded as they should have been. Great job to all the athletes, and for some good sportsmanship I saw this weekend!

I thought sportsmanship was awesome at this competition. I love seeing friends from different gyms hanging out and going crazy for each other :)

I thought sportsmanship was awesome at this competition. I love seeing friends from different gyms hanging out and going crazy for each other :)
It sure was! We had a great time! Even though the overall value seemed a little less than what we are used to seeing for the $40 entrance fee for the weekend, it was great seeing some good performances. Seeing kids putting their hearts on the floor and respecting each others teams is what the sport is about. And I want to also add that Spirit Explosions teams were amazingly fantastic as well. My favorite teams to watch - of course outside of my own Legacy loyalty ;) - were USAs Senior 3, Fame's J5 and SE's Fab 5! They all gave me chills!

Agreed! Some of the best sportsmanship I have seen. (Well, except for one problem we had where fans and cheerleaders from a team that was performing after us wouldn't move out of priority seating even after security had told them to move. They were extremely rude!) But other than that everything was very positive!

It was really a fine competition - there are always some teams that are so so and some great at any comp - everyone should remember this is supposed to be fun. There is always judging confusion, too. Some judges are looking for clean and squeaky. Others - the difficulty. Others - the best tumbling. Who knows? I just know that both NJSE and FAME J5 should both be proud of their performances and look forward to meeting again.You're Maryland right? We missed you - I really loved your routine at Reading - too bad you had some falls - I was looking forward to seeing you hit it this weekend. I'm sure you will get your bid!

Hi Ellen! Thank you so much! Honestly, we had no problems at all with the judging the previous times with CT. I thought the results were spot on. And Karen from CT is great. Our issue was mainly the warm up area. CT has a very different idea on how that should be run and it does not work for us to be bumped around every time we competed with them even after we asked who we followed. My kids have a very structured warm up....warm up is not practice but it is a familiar routine we follow, so being bumped every time was not a good experience for us. We also had a horrible experience with another organization's spectators and frankly we are not accustomed to that level of rudeness. I am not going to have our kids subjected to some real nastiness. I know its with all organizations but I work very hard to educate my cheerleaders and their parents on sportsmanship and politeness, which especially in Reading seem to have disappeared in some adults we encountered. (Amazingly, the kids and coaches from those teams were great).
And finally, I love all your teams. They are so exciting and talented. I just know they will go far. Unfortunately for us, our bid chances for this season are over. But hopefully, one day, you will see that we received one and then you can say you knew us when....
smile.png

Hi Ellen! Thank you so much! Honestly, we had no problems at all with the judging the previous times with CT. I thought the results were spot on. And Karen from CT is great. Our issue was mainly the warm up area. CT has a very different idea on how that should be run and it does not work for us to be bumped around every time we competed with them even after we asked who we followed. My kids have a very structured warm up....warm up is not practice but it is a familiar routine we follow, so being bumped every time was not a good experience for us. We also had a horrible experience with another organization's spectators and frankly we are not accustomed to that level of rudeness. I am not going to have our kids subjected to some real nastiness. I know its with all organizations but I work very hard to educate my cheerleaders and their parents on sportsmanship and politeness, which especially in Reading seem to have disappeared in some adults we encountered. (Amazingly, the kids and coaches from those teams were great).
And finally, I love all your teams. They are so exciting and talented. I just know they will go far. Unfortunately for us, our bid chances for this season are over. But hopefully, one day, you will see that we received one and then you can say you knew us when....:)

That certainly does stink! Being just a cheer mom, I've never been back in the warm up area- but I am sure warming up is very important!! Yes, I hope I can say that I knew you when!!! - good luck to your organization the rest of this season (even if not for a bid) and next season. And thanks for the compliment on our teams. This is my daughter's first year on this team - I just love them - so organized, serious, and FUN - all tied up in one.

Back