All-Star Expansions, Openings, And Mergers For 2013-2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Illinois people are the only people proud about the drama lol they never hold back! Cali and NC very hush hush..

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Apparently NC is so "hush hush" they discuss drama without actually discussing anything. I have to give it to @ACEDAD for saying it. I've just sat here scratching my head saying, "huh?"

As an impartial observer (and really....how could I even have an opinion, I have NO clue what the heck @shylurker is saying) it just comes off as sour grapes and bitterness that I've discounted. Which tends to be the tone of many of their posts.

This is a discussion board, by all means if there's something you'd like to discuss, post away. Otherwise don't bother. And for someone who's general tone indicates they don't even like cheer, the industry or the people in it, I can't understand why you'd be here reading at all.

The Concord story is really not much of a secret here.

CAC merged with Prodigy in Concord about a month ago. This included the building, the staff including the owner, access to the kids etc.

Later a former business partner of Prodigy then teamed up with CEA to open CEA Concord. Tweets went out falsely claiming that Prodigy has now moved to CEA which was a quite funny since CAC/Prodigy had evals the very next night. These are kids though so I can excuse the behavior. Those kids were quickly told the truth of the situation and the tweets were erased.

Concord is a a city of about 80,000 and is right outside of Charlotte.
They have a rich history of cheerleading with several successful yet smaller sized gyms in addition to CEA Lake Norman which is approximately 15-20 minutes from Concord. The guesses as to why CEA announced a Concord gym right after CAC moved into the area usually change with the color shirt you wear to competitions.

Since then I have heard that the proposed deal from the ex-business partner isn't quite what was expected. I would not be surprised if that partnership is now off however I have no confirmation of that.

Kids in that area tend to be fiercely loyal and defensive of their programs. I feel bad for them because drama has been brought there that had nothing to do with them.

And for those that will immediately post that I have no right to say anything because my daughter doesn't cheer anymore - just save it! I have no issue saying that I support the gym my daughter USED to cheer at just as hundreds of other people here do as well.

CAC merged with Prodigy in Concord about a month ago. This included the building, the staff including the owner, access to the kids etc.

Later a former business partner of Prodigy then teamed up with CEA to open CEA Concord. Tweets went out falsely claiming that Prodigy has now moved to CEA which was a quite funny since CAC/Prodigy had evals the very next night. These are kids though so I can excuse the behavior. Those kids were quickly told the truth of the situation and the tweets were erased.

They have a rich history of cheerleading with several successful yet smaller sized gyms in addition to CEA Lake Norman which is approximately 15-20 minutes from Concord. The guesses as to why CEA announced a Concord gym right after CAC moved into the area usually change with the color shirt you wear to competitions.

Since then I have heard that the proposed deal from the ex-business partner isn't quite what was expected. I would not be surprised if that partnership is now off however I have no confirmation of that.

Kids in that area tend to be fiercely loyal and defensive of their programs. I feel bad for them because drama has been brought there that had nothing to do with them.

And for those that will immediately post that I have no right to say anything because my daughter doesn't cheer anymore - just save it! I have no issue saying that I support the gym my daughter USED to cheer at just as hundreds of other people here do as well.

I guess "secret" depends on who you follow, friend etc. I don't follow kids on twitter so I never see any drama including not seeing any of the post worlds LAG drama that apparently happened so I appreciate the clarification. I haven't noticed any drama about this either, but again, I make it a point to avoid drama in its entirety so I don't tend to see it with the limited groups of people I friend/follow.

As for the last, there are lots of people I've noted on the board who don't have kids in cheer anymore (some of my favorite posters among them) I don't see what the issue is with you posting even though your cp is not cheering.

You have every right to say something; at least as much as I do because we're kinda in the same boat.

I just appreciate you actually using words with meaning instead of lurking shyly.

Wow. Unreal. I can't believe how Im being bashed. Well, actually if I think about it, i can. Thats why Ive been looking and not really posting on this board for so long. Seems like there are people on this board that can say anything they want and its the gospel. Heaven help if anybody has a different opinion. I never said anything about anyone personally even tho I am being personally attacked. I dont need to grow a pair. Im not bitter and there are no sour grapes in my frig. Usually, when someone doesnt know how to respond to someone, they lower themselves to personally bashing that person. Its hurtful and very ugly. Do unto others.........

I was asked why any of this is my concern. There are hundreds of people that get on this board and voice their opinion about things that are none of their business. Im sure you have discussed what other gyms are doing and you dont attend that gym. So from now on, you should only discuss your gyms and no one elses, ok?

And as far as telling my name....why would I? So you can trash me even more? Come up to me at a comp and get in my face? Say something to my CP? I dont know who you are other than the gyms you are at because of your screen names. ANd I dont get on FB enough to care who anyone is.

BTW, I like cheer. I love watching kids get new skills. I love their faces when the hit a routine at a comp. I love the energy theses kids have. And since my CP loves it so much, I have to like it. But its not my life. Im not on FB 24/7. I dont know the colors or names of every team. I dont care who these cheerlebrities are. I dont watch cheer videos morning, noon and night. But because my CP does, I will support it.

Wow. Unreal. I can't believe how Im being bashed. Well, actually if I think about it, i can. Thats why Ive been looking and not really posting on this board for so long. Seems like there are people on this board that can say anything they want and its the gospel. Heaven help if anybody has a different opinion. I never said anything about anyone personally even tho I am being personally attacked. I dont need to grow a pair. Im not bitter and there are no sour grapes in my frig. Usually, when someone doesnt know how to respond to someone, they lower themselves to personally bashing that person. Its hurtful and very ugly. Do unto others.........

I was asked why any of this is my concern. There are hundreds of people that get on this board and voice their opinion about things that are none of their business. Im sure you have discussed what other gyms are doing and you dont attend that gym. So from now on, you should only discuss your gyms and no one elses, ok?

And as far as telling my name....why would I? So you can trash me even more? Come up to me at a comp and get in my face? Say something to my CP? I dont know who you are other than the gyms you are at because of your screen names. ANd I dont get on FB enough to care who anyone is.

BTW, I like cheer. I love watching kids get new skills. I love their faces when the hit a routine at a comp. I love the energy theses kids have. And since my CP loves it so much, I have to like it. But its not my life. Im not on FB 24/7. I dont know the colors or names of every team. I dont care who these cheerlebrities are. I dont watch cheer videos morning, noon and night. But because my CP does, I will support it.

I don't think anyone was attacking, but it's really hard when people come on here and imply that they know the drama, secret, whatever and that's it's just SO AWFUL but give no details. It's like "ohhh I know a super great secret but I can't tell you!" If you don't want to share, don't share, but don't tease us either.

How come Texas is one of the biggest states but we don't have drama??

I have always wondered that!

I don't think anyone was attacking, but it's really hard when people come on here and imply that they know the drama, secret, whatever and that's it's just SO AWFUL but give no details. It's like "ohhh I know a super great secret but I can't tell you!" If you don't want to share, don't share, but don't tease us either.

Also confusing when people say that they don't care, aren't concerned with it, don't need to be so involved-then state something that shows they are clearly salty about something they don't "care" about.

Back