College Forced To Forfeit Nca Title

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know of some "high profile" colleges that have done this in the past and never got caught.....NCA just chooses who they want to catch.

Ok lets not go there, dont use the "well I know other people that never get caught, everyone is out for me" defense.
At the end of the day CSLB did something illegal and got their title revoked for it. END/

What really sucks in this is that the media is using the one student that graduated early as a scapegoat. There were people on the team that didn't even go to the school.

This is a serious allegation, are you able to supply any details about performing members of the team who were NOT registered & recognized students on the team?

Did you ever hear an accurate answer to this question? Yours is a valid point.

Yes I found my answer. When looking through the NCA Rules I found that they have to be enrolled during the spring term while at UCA you can graduate in December and still compete in Jan. as long as your school allows it. The NCA Rules only made this situation sound more fishy to me after reading them over and over again. I posted something about it in this thread on one of the pages. Not only is CSLB in the wrong, but either NCA or the school's registar office should be at fault as well since there seems to be a problem there. The registar office was suppose to sign off on each athletes schedule proving they are full time students, but there was clearly something wrong with this. Either the athlete used someone elses schedule, which NCA should have caught during registration and before the athlete took mat by checking IDs, or the registar approved a schedule for the previous semester.

The thing is Wichita State got caught in 07 so this coach should have known if you break the rules eventually you are going to get caught. Just look at the situation at Ohio State, Tressel is finally getting caught red handed after breaking the rules multiple times. Who is to say this coach didn't break the rules more then once and is just not getting caught??

I am also wondering if there is an update on what this person will be doing this year as far as cheer and who they hired to coach CSLB?

There has been no coach announced yet, and most of the team from this year is not continuing. Eric Anderson became a coach at Rockstar (Baldwin Park) for this upcoming season before this happened, and as far as I know nothing changed after.

SFA got second to Wichita State in 2007. Wichita State had athletes that were ineligible and got the title revoked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2843739

As you said, two times SFA misses the accolades they earned, 2007 & 2011, what a sad statement for the sponsors, NCA. When the administration doesn't fulfill their responsibilities all the competitors will suffer the confusion wondering if they could have won & who else might have also fudged on the rules!

There has been no coach announced yet, and most of the team from this year is not continuing. Eric Anderson became a coach at Rockstar (Baldwin Park) for this upcoming season before this happened, and as far as I know nothing changed after.

Is that a High School program or Collegiate? It is very suprising the current school, Baldwin Park, is either unaware of the issue with CSULB or chooses to ignore the impact on School, the program and the athletes! Amazing!

Rockstar is an allstar gym. Baldwin Park is it's location, I mentioned it so they wouldn't be confused with the big program with team names that are bands.

Ok lets not go there, dont use the "well I know other people that never get caught, everyone is out for me" defense.
At the end of the day CSLB did something illegal and got their title revoked for it. END/

I will go there, and, I never said anyone is out for me. Personally, I could care less about any team the gets caught...it's actually funny to me. But it just seems to always happen to the "low profile" teams. THE END

I will go there, and, I never said anyone is out for me. Personally, I could care less about any team the gets caught...it's actually funny to me. But it just seems to always happen to the "low profile" teams. THE END

Well of course..if you are a "high profile" team you Better have all your ducks in a row, 'cause they are going to check you 1st! "lower profile" teams may feel they can go under the radar....but in the end..they got caught!

Dont like it then dont cheat. Plain and simple stop being a sour suzie and get over it.

Cheaters Suck! It might be just me, but I wouldn't want Eric coaching my kids, has he changed his ways? Maybe, Maybe not...but I will wonder if everything is legit when his teams compete. Especially since none of this was a shock to me. I guess he's still a USASF certified coach. Is he still the USASF rep for the West Coast (I thought I read on here that he was the rep for the West Coast) ? WOW. Is all I can say.......

Has anything new surfaced on this issue, either from CSULB, NCA or Baldwin Park All*Stars?

BTW, if anyone cheats they should be appropriately disciplined.

Question: are any rules currently in place for the discipline actions to match the violations, for example something similar to the NCAA handling of recruiting violations?

Also, does the offending institution have an opportunity to defend their actions to prevent unsubstantiated accusations?

He's still coaching out here, and the dance coach (who had the job before Eric) was given the cheer coach position at CSULB. Most of the team did not return, and I heard there was not a large crowd at tryouts. He has a large following out here, and most of them do not see anything wrong in what happened since "other people do it all the time".

He's still coaching out here, and the dance coach (who had the job before Eric) was given the cheer coach position at CSULB. Most of the team did not return, and I heard there was not a large crowd at tryouts. He has a large following out here, and most of them do not see anything wrong in what happened since "other people do it all the time".

That is a real shame. Lets hope he doesn't do it to another team, but then again it may be a wakeup call to everyone who still supports him if it happened to a team they are on.

Back