All-Star General 22-23 Season Announcements: Teams/Divisions, New Locations, Mergers, Closures etc.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This won’t be effective until the end of the season, but I figured it would be ok to put here:

Cheer Central Suns Colorado locations will become Cheer Athletics locations in May 2023.

Cheer Central Suns New Mexico will become New Mexico Elite in May 2023. Does anyone involved with this program know why CCS is changing?

This makes me sad.

Not sure if this is a merger/buyout of an existing program or a completely new location, but World Cup has a new location in Kansas City, Missouri:

Cheer Athletics now has their first non-US location - Telford, England. They are taking over a gym called CheerForce Ten.

(also, I didn't realize Dance Athletics was still a thing?)

Cheer Athletics now has their first non-US location - Telford, England. They are taking over a gym called CheerForce Ten.

(also, I didn't realize Dance Athletics was still a thing?)

CF10 have a reaaaally good pom team that usually goes to Dance Worlds. I honestly can't remember ever seeing any of their cheer teams so can't comment much on them, but their dance programme is really good.

Dang, I was so excited for them to go back to being Pittsburgh Superstars. I guess it's a marketing thing. I hope their worlds team keeps the name Supermodels.

It’s very sad that gyms feel they have to have the same name as a big gym in order to be successful. And once one gym in an area succumbs to this, nearby gyms might feel pressured to do the same.

It’s eliminated some of the individuality among gyms. Now when I look at results and see a bunch of CEAs, Cheer Athletics, Stingrays, and Top Guns, it doesn’t mean as much and it’s difficult to keep track of who is who, and I have to sometimes ask “what did that program used to be called” in order for the result to have any meaning in my head.

It’s also made things feel less competitive. A random Mega gym satellite location doesn’t have to work as hard to build themselves up and make a name for themselves because the Big Gym name is already plopped on their door, and they can just pretend the success of another one of their locations 5 states away is somehow their own.

This, as well as the hundreds of divisions offered, sometimes feels like it’s pushing Allstar cheer closer to an exhibition/showcase sport instead of a competitive one with local rivalries, etc.

All the new gym names this season with the breakup of Rockstar has been refreshing, but for whatever reasons Pittsburgh Superstars thinks it’s better to have a different name on the wall.

Last edited:
All the new gym names this season with the breakup of Rockstar has been refreshing, but for whatever reasons Pittsburgh Superstars thinks it’s better to have a different name on the wall.
The business reasons are actually solid, but I agree with you. In Corp retail we used to say, "If you label all the spicy mustards the same, eventually, they'll all taste like mayonnaise."

Ultimately, buying a successful business name or franchising helps alleviate a lot of the money small businesses spend trying to acquire customers. It can, also, provide a business plan and network that can help reduce cost and some of the mistakes business owners go through. If every business could succeed on their own, there would be no need for selling business names, franchising, mergers, or acquisitions. Love it or hate it, mayonnaise has helped save a lot of sandwiches.

More new Stingrays locations:
Core Athletix (from what I gather, they have 3 locations in NY) will now be Stingrays

Stingrays Fort Lauderdale, this looks like it might be completely new, but I'm not 100% sure.

So half of the gyms in cheerleading will be named Stingrays, Cheer Extreme or Top Gun it seems. When will everyone realize it's not about the name on the door. This stuff is ruining the sport. You cannot have quality competition when everyone is named the same thing, the results become meaningless and impossible to keep track of.

I think SE just won it. Wrong thread. Ignore me. Was looking here while watching LAG 😂

Back