All-Star General 22-23 Season Announcements: Teams/Divisions, New Locations, Mergers, Closures etc.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Woodlands Elite has a new location opening in DeLand, FL which is near Daytona apparently. (I like that the street name is Woodland Blvd). Someone in the comments on a different post said they are taking over another gym, but I can't find a gym with that address so idk.

I understand that cheer gyms are first and foremost businesses and sometimes owners have to sell to stay open, but it does kinda bum me out how many mega gyms have brought out smaller gyms lately, though I'm not sure if that's the case with this specific location.

All these Woodlands Elites in different states when The Woodlands is in Texas and mostly only a recognizable name to Texans. Bizarre times.

It just keeps getting worse. When a “Stingrays” opens down the road, YXZ Allstars D2 gym feels pressure to get a big name too. The name on the door means next to nothing and so many parents fall for it.

If we got rid of most of the baseball teams and named everybody the Yankees and the Dodgers, it would no longer matter who wins. And great local rivalries (like Yankees vs Mets or Yankees vs Red Sox) would disappear. Who cares who beats who when it’s Yankees vs Yankees? And then the NY Yankees can take credit for the Boston Yankees success. Lol.

im honestly kinda surprised it took this long for another big name gym to come to florida... I know there are a bunch of smaller programs obviously. But the location doesnt surprise me, orlando and the surrounding areas have seen a massive boom in population, that doesnt seem to be slowing down.

As a native Houstonian, it's still weird seeing Woodlands Elite Ohio haha.

Magic All Stars in California is closing.

Was this gym the "magic" part of Pacific Coast Magic? Their worlds team is called Fantasy, and PCM had a Fantasy, I'm wondering if that's a coincidence.

As a native Houstonian, it's still weird seeing Woodlands Elite Ohio haha.

Magic All Stars in California is closing.

Was this gym the "magic" part of Pacific Coast Magic? Their worlds team is called Fantasy, and PCM had a Fantasy, I'm wondering if that's a coincidence.

Yes, it's the same gym. There used to be Magic All Stars and Pacific Coast Cheer, they merged many years ago, then Magic All Stars split back off a few years ago.

This reminded me of all the arguments with Troy on here and I'm laughing. Pretty sure it was all about crossed leg doubles... Sad for Magic though. I hate seeing smaller, successful gyms closing.

Woodlands Elite Cincinnati is closing. I can't screenshot right now, but they sent out an email basically saying they had way less kids try out than expected.

I just hope based on the name that Craig El is not involved, the former owner of UA that stole from the Georgia families and many of the UA families, didn't pay rent and the gym was evicted.
Let's NOT forget in 2000/2001 ish Craig stole from CYC raiders in WI before jumping the boarder to Ultimate Gymnastics in Gurnee then merging with Fusion to form UA.

I'm really not sure how I feel about cheer gyms here (that are successful under their own names - CF10 has a great dance programme) going under the umbrella of big US gyms. I absolutely understand that there are benefits in franchising but also I like looking at Worlds/Summit and seeing teams at the top of the results pages that are UK names. If more programmes worldwide start to be taken over by the big US names and all have the same main coaching/choreo teams (as a big benefit of franchising is being able to have access to the same choreographers and coaches as the top Worlds teams from that gym) then you lose a bit of uniqueness and individuality. What was wrong with just staying as Zodiac? They were so well known without needing to become part of Top Gun.

I'm really not sure how I feel about cheer gyms here (that are successful under their own names - CF10 has a great dance programme) going under the umbrella of big US gyms. I absolutely understand that there are benefits in franchising but also I like looking at Worlds/Summit and seeing teams at the top of the results pages that are UK names. If more programmes worldwide start to be taken over by the big US names and all have the same main coaching/choreo teams (as a big benefit of franchising is being able to have access to the same choreographers and coaches as the top Worlds teams from that gym) then you lose a bit of uniqueness and individuality. What was wrong with just staying as Zodiac? They were so well known without needing to become part of Top Gun.

Agree, it’s really become ridiculous with everyone named the same thing in a competitive sport. If they’re all named Top Gun, who cares who wins?

These takeovers often don’t do anything except slap a new name on the wall; it’s not like Victor Rosario is going to fly to England. And yet so many parents/kids fall for it and will send their kid there because ‘omg Top Gun is supposedly here!’ That’s why they do the name change to a big gym, because people are gullible.

Agree, it’s really become ridiculous with everyone named the same thing in a competitive sport. If they’re all named Top Gun, who cares who wins?

These takeovers often don’t do anything except slap a new name on the wall; it’s not like Victor Rosario is going to fly to England. And yet so many parents/kids fall for it and will send their kid there because ‘omg Top Gun is supposedly here!’ That’s why they do the name change to a big gym, because people are gullible.
They are promoting going to Camp Geneva and training with TGLC, Lady Jags etc to encourage sign ups for their Worlds team.

What was wrong with just staying as Zodiac? They were so well known without needing to become part of Top Gun.
Business names and logos are trademarked. It boils down to if the seller wants to sell their brand or if the buyer wants to purchase it. It would be nice at this point if they at least put their location on their uniform and the announcers would say their location, as well.

They are promoting going to Camp Geneva and training with TGLC, Lady Jags etc to encourage sign ups for their Worlds team.
My daughter was talking about this! Going to Worlds from the UK is expensive enough without throwing in an extra US-based training camp. Not to mention the extra time off school/work.

Latest posts

Back