All-Star Georgia's New Facility W/trinity Athletics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am still scratching my head at them redoing their gym earlier this year and now merging and going to the new gym that was just completed (it looks AMAZING) and had an open house. Why not keep the old gym and just have a second location?

I don't get what the coach issue is, maybe because I am unfamiliar with Georgia cheer. Also the whole new gym thing. Frankly this whole situation is tres confusing and it might be because it's 1 AM.

Yeah I haven't gotten fully aware of how Georgia cheer works either so I am a bit confused about the coach issue. Anyone from Georgia want to clarify that for us who are confused?

I am still scratching my head at them redoing their gym earlier this year and now merging and going to the new gym that was just completed (it looks AMAZING) and had an open house. Why not keep the old gym and just have a second location?
Mhmm.... smh, GA is already such an established name too... ):

okay for all confused:
the one of the coaches for panthers level 5 decided to leave panthers to own his own gym. here in johns creek, everyone goes to panthers basically (including mostly ALL of the johns creek hs cheerleaders). so they were encouraged by their panther coach to go to trinity, which they did. so then stingrays BOUGHT panthers and is now taking over next season.

i have no idea where GA comes into this, actually.

okay for all confused:
the one of the coaches for panthers level 5 decided to leave panthers to own his own gym. here in johns creek, everyone goes to panthers basically (including mostly ALL of the johns creek hs cheerleaders). so they were encouraged by their panther coach to go to trinity, which they did. so then stingrays BOUGHT panthers and is now taking over next season.

My confusion came with the talk of it being legal or illegal as far as coaches coaching certain teams.

My confusion came with the talk of it being legal or illegal as far as coaches coaching certain teams.

GHSA rules for coaching:
5. Cheerleading coaches, certified teachers and Community Coaches may not be involved in any way during the school year with a competition not sanctioned by GHSA that involves cheerleaders on their school's team.
6. Only coaches who meet the criteria of By-Law 2.50 are eligible to assist teams in the competitive setting. Any others assisting a team in any manner at a GHSA competition will be guilty of illegal coaching.

Ok, if you are a teacher at a high school and the coach of the team. You cannot coach those girls outside of school. (rec allstars). However if you are a lay coach(does not work for school, works at cheer gym most likely) you can.

okay for all confused:

very nicely put and easy to understand:) hopefully that clears up confusion!

Back