For Parents Hey Parents... Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

JBS

Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Oct 3, 2021
Let's get the conversation going with some simple introductions. Tell us about yourself.

Good Day Hello GIF by Mickey Mouse

I'll start.

My wife and I are actually gymnastics coaches. We have 3 children that are all gymnasts. I took over this site as I am a huge forum junkie. I also run ChalkBucket.com (gymnastics community). ChalkBucket has many parents who have athletes that transition to all-star cheer. This site is a perfect place for them to continue with all the fun that forums are!

Also... I am here to learn. While I have coached quite a bit of tumbling to cheerleaders back in the day... that is my only experience. I am looking to learn more about cheer as we all move into the future.

Please remember... this is a public site... so only post what you want everyone to see.

Last edited:
Let's get the conversation going with some simple introductions. Tell us about yourself.

I'll start.

My wife and I are actually gymnastics coaches. We have 3 children that are all gymnasts. I took over this site as I am a huge forum junkie. I also run ChalkBucket.com (gymnastics community). ChalkBucket has many parents who have athletes that transition to all-star cheer. This site is a perfect place for them to continue with all the fun that forums are!

Also... I am here to learn. While I have coached quite a bit of tumbling to cheerleaders back in the day... that is my only experience. I am looking to learn more about cheer as we all move into the future.

Please remember... this is a public site... so only post what you want everyone to see.
I thought your username looked familiar. I haven't been here in years but got an email. No kids in cheer anymore but hope everyone is doing well. For those following at home, Phoebe is now 20 and attending school in South Korea but will be coming home in December.

I have been on here a long time! Mom of 3 older teens. I’m also a teacher. My 18-year-old daughter currently Cheers at TVCC. My son is my youngest at 17 years old and he plans to move out in June. And, I’m looking into doing foster care. I have my first foster care meeting this Thursday. Excited and nervous all at the same time.

Last edited:
I have been on here a long time too, although I've mostly lurked I must admit. My daughter was on TGLC for three years (and lived with a host family if anyone has questions about that experience) and is now coaching/teaching classes at Top Gun in Miami. Keep_Believing, I'm so excited for your new foster care journey! I hope you will be able to share a little about it here. It is something I have always had in the back of my mind for the future.

I have been on here a long time too, although I've mostly lurked I must admit. My daughter was on TGLC for three years (and lived with a host family if anyone has questions about that experience) and is now coaching/teaching classes at Top Gun in Miami. Keep_Believing, I'm so excited for your new foster care journey! I hope you will be able to share a little about it here. It is something I have always had in the back of my mind for the future.

Thank you!

I'll start.

I thought the new updates looked similar to Chalk Bucket… funny that! The website looks amazing!

I’ve been here since dinosaurs roamed the Earth and my 3 former Allstars are all grown adults with jobs ….. my Big Bit is a teacher for 1st grade. My Middle Bit is a nurse …. My Little Bit os a receptionist in a vet hospital and also coaches at CEA Salem location. Y’all might remember we have a Japanese Chin and he traveled every where with us (still does) but we have added 2 Terrier Doodle brother and sister pair as my Gwamma Babies and a Dachshunds who’s one years old now. Now that all of our $$$ isn’t going to cheerleading we have an RV and are enjoying doing nothing right now …… it’s really nice to see updates from everyone and I’m looking forward to reading more!!!

We were down to two cats, but 2020 brought us back up to four, so still the catlady. Oldest is in her last year of law school and hopes to go into sport law. Youngest is a college Sr, studied genetics, and now, wants to study finance. Even though the kid's have aged out, I became a big AS fan. I still enjoy drinking my AM and afternoon coffee, reading the news, the boards and keeping up with the teams and changes.

I've been here since CP was a tiny, now she's about to be 11 and on youth 1. This board has helped me process my mama drama in her not leveling up as fast as other kids and also just getting to enjoy the cheer world as much as my teenage heart desired. I did one year of AS but didn't have the skill or the $$ to stay in it. I also have a son who does karate and I work and go to school full time. Our lives are extra busy!

I joined when oldest was of Tiny age and she just turned 13. The gateway sport for All-Star Cheer seems to be Cross Country and that is where she ran too. She is fortunate enough to attend a Jr/Sr HS now and is on the XC Team. In our area, middle schools only offer track and field. It's funny the e-mail popped up for this place as she told me next year she'd like to try out for the schools cheer team. It's super low key (they don't even have football) and not competitive. She seems to have really found her place at this school and if a school team can wipe out the awful memories of her final year in AS I'll be happy. She'll only do things that don't conflict with running though. That is her priority.

Youngest has bobbled around from thing to thing but has found her place in the All-Star Dance world. Ironically enough, her and my niece made the same team so it'll make competition travel nicer. She's gaining skills and confidence & that is all that matters. As long as she enjoys it, we'll pay for it.

Hi All- I have been on the boards for a few years but haven’t been around Since end of last season- was nice to get the email today!!
I have 1 AS daughter turning 14. She has cheered since 2nd grade- we have done 3 years of sideline and rec comp, 1 year low commitment AS, and in our 3rd season of true Allstar. Looking forward to a “normal” cheer season. I miss seeing them perform live and the other teams as well.

I was surprised to see you here, JBS, as I still get emails from you time to time from Chalk Bucket.
This is my first year with no cheer since 2012, when my girl decided to leave gymnastics after ten years of competition. Started with HS varsity cheer, passed through All Star and won Worlds in 2016, two college cheer teams (transferred) and just won NCA Nationals this year. She is now a graduate student in spinal cord injury research.
SO far, all of you up there ^^^^ are familiar fonts.

I was surprised to see you here, JBS, as I still get emails from you time to time from Chalk Bucket.
Rock n roll! This is exactly why I am here... I think there are lots of ChalkBucket members that would really enjoy this site. Congrats on everything!

Last week I was looking for some info on something and got a link to FB...hadn't visited in a while so I was shocked to see changes and activity! I've been around here for a bit...but not too terribly active. CP is done with all star and high school...now she's off to college and still cheering. To get my comp fix I started working comps on occasional weekends (or every weekend of December). If you happen to be at a comp and the announcer has a pretty substantial beard...it's probably me...come say hi!

Back