OT How Many People Can A Single Person Coach At Once?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

How many people can a single person coach at once?

• Total voters
I think anything past 20 the AD should start considering to hire assistance coaches. Especially if they are from a school that has multiple teams.

My team is a total of 27 girls and we have 5 coaches.....not all 5 can be there all the time....however, if we are just running through getting ready to compete, no more than 2 coaches is needed; however, when they are learning anything new, including changing counts, and changing the stunts a bit....All HANDS ON DECK! For me this is necessary because of both the ages and skill level of the girls. I am coaching 3/4 graders. So with 6 stunt groups, I'd like each group to have a coach that way the practice is not wasted with having so many girls just sitting there waiting their turn to stunt. A good example is them doing full-ups (yes my girls are doing full-ups to the top) we were able to get all 6 groups to do it in one practice because we had so much help. If it was only two of us this same thing could easily take weeks.....They are not perfect and will require all the practice they can get before Nationals, but the know the technique and when I am by myself, I put two groups to work together, one group stunts, while the other spot.
So I will definitely say it depends on the level of skill, age and maturity of the girls.....I know many people may think that 5 coaches for one squad is alot; however, that is how things get done in the short time that we have for our rec squad(s).

Here we have a rule that states that a coach can't have more than eight at a time. So we are three for 22 girls.

Well, I can tell you that coaching two teams (one competitive, the other not yet) simultaneously with a total of 30-35 athletes while also participating in the competitive team, is too much... Every other week, when our headcoach isn't there due to work, that is my job. And it always leaves me feeling bad for at least one team or my stunt group. :(

Edit: I have to say that everyone is 18+ and there are one or two people I can get to help. But it's still a lot. Or maybe I'm just not doing it right, I don't know.

Back