All-Star I'm Done Apologizing And Being The Bad The Bad Person

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@pebbles49 How many newbies with potential do we have to lose before they stop the bafoonery?! It's a tragedy, really!
@Mamarazzi Thank God Fierceboard is such a great resource for cheer information that I really don't think we will lose any potential newbies...But Fierceboard must allow at least 1 to 10 buffoons on this board to entertain us, otherwise, it will get real boring up in this place...hahaha;)

Last edited:
I think there needs to be a mandatory thread reading least for new posters, like a summer reading list or something. And then a brief quiz. People should know board history so they understand why some topics and attitudes aren't well received...
I disagree about a required reading list. There is too much background for someone new to absorb but I do think they should take a lot of time and observe before becoming fully engaged. I think the biggest issues stem from newbies starting new threads instead of participating in existing ones.

292mzoy.gif

ehf5ed.gif

I disagree about a required reading list. There is too much background for someone new to absorb but I do think they should take a lot of time and observe before becoming fully engaged. I think the biggest issues stem from newbies starting new threads instead of participating in existing ones.

I have to agree with Cheer Dad on observing and reading other threads before responding and then starting threads... To be honest, I've been here for about 8 months and during my time here,,, I believe, Fierce_Elite in just being on the board for about 2 or 3 months have started at least 6/7 threads and rarely does she respond in others threads. In my opinion, this is a place that maybe the Admins. can look into, possibly, putting a time limit both when you can post (which is done already) and when you can lead a discussion thread (which is not done, possibly, a probation period of 60 to 90 days). Time limits in this area is definitely needed to STOP newbies from starting threads without doing their reading, researching and introspecting of what things are being said in other posts already.

I think, if a newbie is given 60-90 days probation before leading a discussion, the likelihood of wrong placement of topics would not have occurred with that Dance thread, which should have gone in Every Else-Random and other mistakes on the part of the newbie would not have occurred. This person would have been force to look at other posts and read....

BTW,
I hate to be harsh, but I really do not think it is a good idea for someone, who is just coming back from being BANNED, be able to start up another thread, and again, in the wrong area!:mad:

PS: Sorry for being such a stickler for details -- but this thread belongs in Everything Else - Random and not Allstar Cheerleading...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think there needs to be a mandatory thread reading least for new posters, like a summer reading list or something. And then a brief quiz. People should know board history so they understand why some topics and attitudes aren't well received...

"please check off levels and divisions who go to Worlds."
"please match the correct team name to gym"
"here is a grammatically incorrect sentence. please make appropriate corrections."

Getting New Teams Noticed? | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

Don't drink anything.

@FierceIsTheName hope you don't feel insulted by me posting the link, it's just that it was such a funny thread!
No worries. I was brand new to allstar cheer and thought 4.2 was restricted 5 (makes sense, right??) like i thought it was like "youre better than level 4, but you're not level 5, so 4.2"

I hate re-reading it myself though because i was so so ignorant :wasntme:

No worries. I was brand new to allstar cheer and thought 4.2 was restricted 5 (makes sense, right??) like i thought it was like "youre better than level 4, but you're not level 5, so 4.2"

You definitely get the award for Most Improved! And the fact that you can laugh about it makes me have mucho respect for you.
Well done @FierceIsTheName! :shimmy:

"

Hey, they always said "Ignorance is Bliss" so I will gladly tell you be "blissful in your Ignorance." But @FierceIsTheName It could have been worse, at least, you did not start a thread about bringing Police into the message board, now, look at me, I got to come out of hiding now...;)

Back