OT I'm Putting This In This Section Because I Don't See An All Star Dance Section

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
As a prior all-star dancer; now mom to a cheer kid (who knew, I tried dance with her first)...you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Like literally---only a All-Star and USASF community doesn't freaking exist. My prior studio has a very simple opinion on Dance World's---if they get a paid bid, they attend because it's only an hour and a half from home, if they don't; they still travel out of state to attend the competitions they CARE about. Is having a ring cool? Sure. Globing fun? Absolutely, and my old team took gold not that long ago...BUT, and this is a very big but, Dance World's in the Dance World is not the same as Cheer World's in the Cheer community. It's just not.

And stop saying you mainly do all-star dance if you didn't make your HS team...first and foremost, in my day (which isn't that long ago) most of us did both. Next, if you can't make your HS team; chances are you ain't making a good all-star team either. The Prep division of now is nothing like it was when I danced so that part may have changed. Plus, you're ultimately forgetting the most important part---dance studios have COMPETITION dance teams/groups without calling it All-Star. And you can get into classes at just about any point in your life these days---hell, I think we have Salsa tomorrow in a place 15 minutes away.

If you want to talk strictly pom, I could understand the constant references to all-star because there isn't much pom at competitions outside of the strict 'all-star' connotation. But Hip-Hop and Jazz? The competitions those teams can attend are ENDLESS and most have nothing to do with USASF.

What you're trying to say, makes no sense. And you're clearly talking out of your a** so stop pretending to know anything about the cheer or dance world...and for your comment about one day being a cheer coach? Lord help us all.
I love every bit sassiness in this post. Just made my day.

reading this whole thing like:

j9a97c.gif

She's got HUUUUGE...tracks of land.

I was in my school's production of Spamalot this past year and this scene was undeniably the best part of the show..

Jk the whole show is great. I was at a frat party last week and literally my functional knowledge of Spamalot was all I had to keep myself engaged in conversation.

Idk. Even if you do ask the danceparents over at dancemom.com, they seriously won't be able to provide a good answer. Most of them have children who do studio dance- where they take technique classes by genre, get placed into routines, and then attend studio comps, like Showstoppers or Break the Floor Dance Conventions. Heavy emphasis is on contemporary, while heavily leaning towards a ballet technique revolution. This has been the conventional competition route for dancers.

And then there's allstar dance- where dancers are placed onto teams that rehearse about twice a week. Don't know if they take technique classes. ASD is more of the route dancers will take if they wanted to end up on a college dance team. Heavily focused on timing,, synchronization, and precision, and does mostly pom, jazz, and hip hop. Little lyrical, if ever. The dance worlds is sort of the be all end all- for ALLSTAR dance, NOT studio dance. And these aren't even the only types of dancers, but allstar and studio aee the two main types of COMPETITIVE dance.

Idk. Even if you do ask the danceparents over at dancemom.com, they seriously won't be able to provide a good answer. Most of them have children who do studio dance- where they take technique classes by genre, get placed into routines, and then attend studio comps, like Showstoppers or Break the Floor Dance Conventions. Heavy emphasis is on contemporary, while heavily leaning towards a ballet technique revolution. This has been the conventional competition route for dancers.

And then there's allstar dance- where dancers are placed onto teams that rehearse about twice a week. Don't know if they take technique classes. ASD is more of the route dancers will take if they wanted to end up on a college dance team. Heavily focused on timing,, synchronization, and precision, and does mostly pom, jazz, and hip hop. Little lyrical, if ever. The dance worlds is sort of the be all end all- for ALLSTAR dance, NOT studio dance. And these aren't even the only types of dancers, but allstar and studio aee the two main types of COMPETITIVE dance.

It really depends on the studio. Where I danced, did not offer technique when I was there but now does. But it's literally like 30 minutes of ballet a week versus 4-6 hours a week of ballet I went through when I was at a studio.

@Fierce_Elite I know I told you how my daughter could be on your youth 5 team and she still can but did I mention she is also a dancer, so she can dance for your cousin too!

I mean here she is doing the wop a year ago! Instagram

Like hello dance worlds here we come! And I'll pay the $30 that's no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got about this far into the thread and your daughter doing the wop gave me life. So I'm going to bed.

Around here, Allstar dance without any studio training will definitely not get you into a college dance team. There are hundreds of girls trying out for 20-30 spots at the universities in our area and the ones that make it typically have done 10-15 years of studio dance as well as competition dance. Most competition dancers spend 6 4 plus hour days in the studio. They have been drilled with proper technique, timing, precision, and sync of much more complex skills that most allstar dancers even try. Allstar dancers with no studio training typically don't have the technique training to be competitive in those tryouts. It may differ in other areas, but that is the situation here. Allstar dance is a nice to have extra at cheer gyms that girls who don't dance at a studio but want to gain some dance skills participate in along with a cheer team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

As a prior all-star dancer; now mom to a cheer kid (who knew, I tried dance with her first)...you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Like literally---only a All-Star and USASF community doesn't freaking exist. My prior studio has a very simple opinion on Dance World's---if they get a paid bid, they attend because it's only an hour and a half from home, if they don't; they still travel out of state to attend the competitions they CARE about. Is having a ring cool? Sure. Globing fun? Absolutely, and my old team took gold not that long ago...BUT, and this is a very big but, Dance World's in the Dance World is not the same as Cheer World's in the Cheer community. It's just not.

And stop saying you mainly do all-star dance if you didn't make your HS team...first and foremost, in my day (which isn't that long ago) most of us did both. Next, if you can't make your HS team; chances are you ain't making a good all-star team either. The Prep division of now is nothing like it was when I danced so that part may have changed. Plus, you're ultimately forgetting the most important part---dance studios have COMPETITION dance teams/groups without calling it All-Star. And you can get into classes at just about any point in your life these days---hell, I think we have Salsa tomorrow in a place 15 minutes away.

If you want to talk strictly pom, I could understand the constant references to all-star because there isn't much pom at competitions outside of the strict 'all-star' connotation. But Hip-Hop and Jazz? The competitions those teams can attend are ENDLESS and most have nothing to do with USASF.

What you're trying to say, makes no sense. And you're clearly talking out of your a** so stop pretending to know anything about the cheer or dance world...and for your comment about one day being a cheer coach? Lord help us all.
I can't not explain how much ignorance this post has to it. Especially from a person that doesn't know a thing about me. Or what I have COMPLETELY dance and cheer wise. Other then what I stated on here.

I can't not explain how much ignorance this post has to it. Especially from a person that doesn't know a thing about me. Or what I have COMPLETELY dance and cheer wise. Other then what I stated on here.

What you've 'completely' what? Do you mean competed? Because completely and competed are two totally different words and you still make absolutely no sense.

Back