All-Star Instagram Problem Re: Cheerlebrity Fanfic

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I removed the images. If people want to go read they can on Instagram.

Thanks for bringing light to these though. Not cool random Instagram person.

ETA: Further, is there someone who can contact the parents of the subjects of this story and make them aware that it exists? They have the right to take action to ensure that it is taken down for good.

I just showed 2 of the moms of girls mentioned. I'm just not sure what can be done.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

someone i follow on tumblr mentioned these and i thought it had to be a joke. i've heard of rpf (real person fiction) before (mostly one direction fics), but it never occurred to me that people would be writing fics about cheerlebrities. i made a post about it on my tumblr, and then someone messaged me with the names of several instagram accounts that write cheerlebrity fics (i can post those names if you want since i know people are trying to get them taken down. i also know of a few that are up on wattpad). i ended up looking at them and they really bothered me. nothing i saw was graphic or anything, but rpf in general just should not be a thing. one of the fics i saw basically demonized one cheerlebrity who happens to be dating another cheerlebrity just for the benefit of the fic, and it was just awful. they all just came across to me as petty and mean and wish fulfillment, and it was really sad. a lot of them even tagged the subjects of the stories, which has to be incredibly uncomfortable for those poor kids.

fan fiction can be great (some of the best writers i know write fics for the les miserables fandom), but writing fics about real people is crossing a line and it's absolutely terrifying. i hope someone can come up with a way to get these accounts shut down.

they're have been a lot of cheer fan fiction accounts on instagram, it's a recent thing, and even though they're not real, if i was one of them i'm not sure i would be okay with this, they could atleast ask for my permission. this makes them come across wrong, and i don't know what this is feeding into other cheerleader's brains. cause when i read one, i thought, "what if they're really like this?" if that made any sense..

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Harry potter fanfic as much as the next person (some have been better written than certain published books). But I like them because you already know the characters and don't have to waste writing time on developing them..real people fanfiction was something I didn't even know existed. And I wish I didn't. Thanks for ruining my day. Its weird.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I just read "Cheerlebrity Numbers," "Cheerlebrity Stalkers," and now "Cheerlebrity Fanfic." In this day of high technology, why isn't there, or is there, an app that notifies the parents on every posting their child makes or receives with their name linked to it?! If there are any techie's out there, here's an idea if it isn't already out there, and I would pay good money for it!

Back