All-Star Instagram Problem Re: Cheerlebrity Fanfic

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly no, I never would have thought of anything like this, I didn't even know people wrote Fanfics about real people. That's why I was so startled and creeped out when I read it. I've predicted a lot of things for these kids, magazine covers, endorsements, products (posters, bows etc), being bothered for photographs and autographs, even being crazily pursued/stalked by "fangirls" the same way Justin Bieber or 1D are.

But no, this one never really crossed my mind.

I feel like people don't do this for other famous athletes. Like I don't get the impression there were/are creepy fanfics about Shawn or Nastia, or even other famous kids like the Kardashians, 1D, other TV/movie stars. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never encountered this phenom before, writing fictional stories about real people, as if you ARE them.

there are a lot of one direction fics out there--and they're about as well-written as these cheerlebrity ones. i don't know who thought writing fan fiction about real people was appropriate, but it needs to stop. these aren't characters that you can play around with. these are real people with real lives.

Fanfiction isn't bad. It actually was how I started writing when I was younger, and I still read General Hospital fanfics. In fact the last book I read was written by a former GH fanfic writer. But that's 100% fictional. No one's personal lives are being mixed up with made up stories, especially not everyday teenagers. That's the problem here.

Fanfiction isn't bad. It actually was how I started writing when I was younger, and I still read General Hospital fanfics. In fact the last book I read was written by a former GH fanfic writer. But that's 100% fictional. No one's personal lives are being mixed up with made up stories, especially not everyday teenagers. That's the problem here.
but this is most likely why you're okay with it

I'm with you on this. I don't read them, but I think fanfics of fictional characters is fine. You're just continuing the story that someone already made up.

The author of the fanfiction originally posted is changing her username because of us

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board
Or, mysterious person, you could just stop posting fanfics about real people. I personally find that stopping the behavior is more productive than trying to hide. Because now we're looking. Might I suggest Twilight fanfiction?

The author of the fanfiction originally posted is changing her username because of us

And to add to this, the author I believe deleted the stories as well because people from Fierce Board were complaining about it. Did anyone from here comment on some of her photos and say something?

Cheerleader_nation01 also tagged someone else in one of her pictures telling us to go to their page to vote for a new name for them. The tagged user basically said that there were far worst stories than what cheer nation wrote. Has anyone seen anything?

And to add to this, the author I believe deleted the stories as well because people from Fierce Board were complaining about it. Did anyone from here comment on some of her photos and say something?

Cheerleader_nation01 also tagged someone else in one of her pictures telling us to go to their page to vote for a new name for them. The tagged user basically said that there were far worst stories than what cheer nation wrote. Has anyone seen anything?

I think a user I haven't seen on here in a long time did.

I was reading the comments and one user said "there's one about Cami being a killer and trying to kill Jamie and Matt" and that it's the "safest ones she's read." How are either one of these safe?

I went to the page and it's amazing how people rationalize- 'But I'm not the only one doing it so why am I in trouble and being called creepy?' ...Uh, cause you're doing creepy things? I'm sure if I had the usernames of all the people writing them I would personally go to each page and tell them to knock it off. And I don't even HAVE instagram.

If you're writing these fanfics and read this, stop. These are HUMAN PEOPLE. They are not fictional characters (who, by contrast, don't exist in real life), and for you to write about their lives (especially in such ridiculous context) is beyond the scope of ok life behavior. If you want to write a fanfiction- write about a previously established genre of fictional characters, or write Original Fiction and describe what people look like. It's cool to write- it's not cool to write this sort of thing.

Back