All-Star Issue With Full Paid Bid Not Covering The Cost

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We aren't discussing the prestige or difficulty of winning a bid. So, for an at large bid, consider this.

$235 for a commuter package. $25 to register as an athlete with the USASF. $65 a night for a hotel within 5 miles of Disney.

It covered the full cost of the large team I was on last season, & we're from Cali so I can't imagine anyone having more expensive flights than us lol this year everyone has to pay $250 -__-

the package for non commuters is normally a little over $400, leaving $250 for flights, which, in past years would have seemed like more than enough, but with soaring gas prices, the baggage fees and the security fees that keep increasing, i can see why $650 a person just wouldnt cut it....but as some other people are saying, it is better than nothing at all....it just stinks that its soo freakin expensive!!!

I'm forking out £3000 for the three of us (flyer, backspot and myself) to get out there and display, and thats just flights and accom, we wont even get started into the food or kit, or step anywhere near the additional 3.5 grand (English) it's recently cost to get a wheelchair thats up to spec for toss hands and starting stuff like rewinds, and that won't get bent wheels ever 3 weeks :S
A bit of schadenfreude to get you through the pain ;)
And if anyone has any sponsorship ideas please let me know :D

The hotel stay is what ate up most of the cost for my kids' teams. So we are having to pay an additional $300 to cover flights. Boo. But like someone posted...it IS better than nothing.

This is the first time in 6 years that we had to pay anything additional on a full paid bid (Besides the extra night). The full bid almost does not cover the hotel package by its self now.

This is the first time in 6 years that we had to pay anything additional on a full paid bid (Besides the extra night). The full bid almost does not cover the hotel package by its self now.
Is that just because prices went up?
On a large team of 36 plus 2 coaches, they are basically receiving the same amount of $ (only $7-8 less than 25,000 split among the team)

Are teams with a paid bid allowed to make their own hotel accommodations? Or do you have to stay at one of the 2 host hotels?

Is that just because prices went up?
On a large team of 36 plus 2 coaches, they are basically receiving the same amount of $ (only $7-8 less than 25,000 split among the team)

Are teams with a paid bid allowed to make their own hotel accommodations? Or do you have to stay at one of the 2 host hotels?

I know that WC made their own accommodations and the Gym is staying together and went the commuter route. The price for the package for a quad 3 nights at the All Star is $455.00 per person and at the Caribbean is $535.00 pp. It is alot cheeper to book on your own.

I think the 650 per athlete covers the 3 night package based on quad occupancy... which is all they intend to cover ....I would imagine

i've heard of it not covering the full cost i mean it hardly seem to be enough when you think about the amount a paid bid consists of, but i've never seen where people had to pay hundreds more to helped cover the cost. my friend on Pink told me they all had to pay only like 75 dollars out of pocket for theirs. though idk how they handled where they'd stay and flights and all that..
unless she was wrong or i COMPLETELY misheard her. lol

i've heard of it not covering the full cost i mean it hardly seem to be enough when you think about the amount a paid bid consists of, but i've never seen where people had to pay hundreds more to helped cover the cost. my friend on Pink told me they all had to pay only like 75 dollars out of pocket for theirs. though idk how they handled where they'd stay and flights and all that..
unless she was wrong or i COMPLETELY misheard her. lol

dono, this has nothing to do with your post, but i want a cia banner too...how do i get it???

dono, this has nothing to do with your post, but i want a cia banner too...how do i get it???

i had one of my friends make it for me because i was tired of my old banner and couldn't think of one. so i was like "you do itjust do whatever you want" and he sent me that

The entry fees for the kids alone are like 300.00 right?

Back