All-Star Issue With Full Paid Bid Not Covering The Cost

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why can't the venue be changed. Alternate years, One year at Orlando, the next year at Las Vegas. Hotels are cheap in Vegas and there is alot to do for fun besides gambling and drinking. This way the "west coasters" would get a break one year and "east coaster" the next. Besides, I am done with Mickey. We aren't even competing in the "Milk House" anymore. :(

Why can't the venue be changed. Alternate years, One year at Orlando, the next year at Las Vegas. Hotels are cheap in Vegas and there is alot to do for fun besides gambling and drinking. This way the "west coasters" would get a break one year and "east coaster" the next. Besides, I am done with Mickey. We aren't even competing in the "Milk House" anymore. :(

Great idea!!!!!!

omgg vegas<3<3 that would be just as fun as orlando!

Sounds good to me! :)
That would probably cut the number of bids in half!!

18 sm sr
18 sm ltd
7 Int
43 Total = $625,300 (If teams are filled)

8 lg sr
10 lg ltd
5 semi
2 unltd
25 Total = $617,500

This doesnt include partial bids. But basically the same amount of money has been spent on large teams vs small teams... Well over $1,000,000. And you want to increase that by almost 500 a person?

omgg vegas<3<3 that would be just as fun as orlando!
Youre under 18... wouldnt be that much fun..

vegas the first week of may is not pleasant to lay out for more than 1-2 hours.

and there are no central areas for everyone to stay.
you would be spreading people around and i think thats less fun.

The all-star resort is probably the most fun part of worlds.

Also... there are a lot of international teams that come. They all don't want to go to vegas.

That would probably cut the number of bids in half!!

18 sm sr
18 sm ltd
7 Int
43 Total = $625,300 (If teams are filled)

8 lg sr
10 lg ltd
5 semi
2 unltd
25 Total = $617,500

This doesnt include partial bids. But basically the same amount of money has been spent on large teams vs small teams... Well over $1,000,000. And you want to increase that by almost 500 a person?

sorry i thought you knew i was kidding!

What "star" hotel are they staying at? That could be a factor. If they stayed at the All Star Dormitory Resort, I'm sure it could help some.

We (GT) are at the Allstar resort this year with the worlds package.. Staying there cost more than when we were with WC and were able to book our on block and rate else ware.

Also... there are a lot of international teams that come. They all don't want to go to vegas.
RIGHT?! Vegas, IMO, is only fun if you are over 21, and it is hothothot.

so you are saying Florida is the only option? The U.S is a big place I'm sure you can find a west coast venue.

Just as a follow up to my post... Total money spent on bids assuming all teams are full and 2 coaches

Paids $1,250,600
small $514,800
large $617,500
International $118,300

Partials $177,100
small $69,300
large $53,200
international $54,600

Totals $1,427,700
Small $584,100
Large $670,700
International $172,900

my family has been to Vegas for conventions many times and my kids were under 18 and we still had a blast. While Vegas is spread out, the hotels are all within walking distance to each other. Way more hotels stuck together than at Disney, all within walking distance to the Convention Center. Also, what other location can you go to and experience Italy, France, Greece, Egypt and New York all within a couple mile radius.
I know the International teams want to see Disneyworld, but Vegas is almost as popular as Disney and besides there are "Disney" locations all over Europe now. Mickey looks the same in all the countries ;)

my family has been to Vegas for conventions many times and my kids were under 18 and we still had a blast. While Vegas is spread out, the hotels are all within walking distance to each other. Way more hotels stuck together than at Disney, all within walking distance to the Convention Center. Also, what other location can you go to and experience Italy, France, Greece, Egypt and New York all within a couple mile radius.
I know the International teams want to see Disneyworld, but Vegas is almost as popular as Disney and besides there are "Disney" locations all over Europe now. Mickey looks the same in all the countries ;)

well said

Back