Jersey Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

excuse me? i do know about they coaches. i cheer at twisters. I did not say anything negative at all about CJA. I said it would be cool if the show was about twisters.
i wasn't saying 'exactly' to the post about the coaches and whatever or speaking negatively of twisters, i love twisters, idk who doesn't, i was saying just saying that it's not necessary for numerous people to talk negatively of cja, because it's making you look bad (not you, just people in general) obviously it would've been cool to have a show of a big named gym...but it's not so everyone should just enjoy! it's a show on all star cheerleading, i would enjoy it being about any team :)

Actually your the one who needs to get their facts straight. Lifetime did not choose CJA the way you claim in fact the suits at Lifetime didn't even know who Patty Ann was until they already saw the show when the production company brought it to them in the same form that everyone else saw it. This show was not a concept that was shopped around to different gyms so the theory of CJA being chosen because of Patty Ann's coaching style is totally false. The show has always been and was meant for CJA specifically. It was created by a very impressed producer who watched CJA at competition the season before. And while you say you haven't read any negative comments from the gym in question maybe you just haven't payed attention because they've been all over FB. Even a dad who no longer is with the program is commenting about it and making statements as if he's ever been to CJA or even met Patty Ann yet his daughter has always cheered at WC. THIS my friend is what is being referred to!

If these people are so happy with their program, so successful, loving the environment their in and experiences that they've had then what is the point of putting down another gym? The blatant disrespect is uncalled for and completely unnecessary. Especially when if someone were to put hidden microphones in their gym and record what they say to people you would all GAG on your words and immediately be apologetic. At the end of the day if you don't like the show FINE, if you don't like Patty Ann's coaching style which was totally exaggerated for the show FINE! You are entitled to that opinion but bashing the smaller less successful gym only comes off as jealous and judgmental when all the glitters is not gold in that world either. The only difference is that you don't have a camera walking around to capture it.

Please I beg you to show me where I once have put down CJA about this Show? My comments were about the stereo types that were being portrayed in a roast style skit... I never once said anything negative about CJA I never said I have been to CJA. Only that I know coaches and some families from the program. Please get your facts right.

I loved the show!!! I do wish they would show like a junior team or something , however I think the level 5 team does display the athletic ability needed to participate in this amazing sport. I also will say that I like that it is at CJA and I consider CJA a big name gym... maybe not as big as WC and CEA but still up there and I think showing a team like this who has the ability to win, but is still an underdog in the worlds scene makes the show even more interesting.

Please I beg you to show me where I once have put down CJA about this Show? My comments were about the stereo types that were being portrayed in a roast style skit... I never once said anything negative about CJA I never said I have been to CJA. Only that I know coaches and some families from the program. Please get your facts right.

We've been through this WCDad...The concern does not regard your feelings about the skit....It was the "It's CJA and sadly it's true" comment that was uneccessary. While it was not a blatant sign of disrespect, it was undeniably a back-handed, subtle dig whether you intended it to be or not. "It's CJA" implies that negative stereotypes should be expected from that gym, and "sadly" implies that something about CJA is sad. It seems you're having a hard time comprehending why someone (especially someone who supports CJA) would interpret your words that way.

It's ok though...You are allowed to not like CJA, haha, just like people can have negative opinions about your favorite all-star gym....But don't write that it's a shame impressionable young minds have access to this clip and then post an ENTIRE THREAD WITH THE CLIP for more people to see it, followed by a statement that this is the unfortunate, sad reality at CJA, followed by a post where you say you have the utmost respect for Patty Ann and CJA. You know the old saying, "Don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining."

We've been through this WCDad...The concern does not regard your feelings about the skit....It was the "It's CJA and sadly it's true" comment that was uneccessary. While it was not a blatant sign of disrespect, it was undeniably a back-handed, subtle dig whether you intended it to be or not. "It's CJA" implies that negative stereotypes should be expected from that gym, and "sadly" implies that something about CJA is sad. It seems you're having a hard time comprehending why someone (especially someone who supports CJA) would interpret your words that way.

It's ok though...You are allowed to not like CJA, haha, just like people can have negative opinions about your favorite all-star gym....But don't write that it's a shame impressionable young minds have access to this clip and then post an ENTIRE THREAD WITH THE CLIP for more people to see it, followed by a statement that this is the unfortunate, sad reality at CJA, followed by a post where you say you have the utmost respect for Patty Ann and CJA. You know the old saying, "Don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining."

I really think you need to go back and read the thread once again and not take my post out of context.

The post above right above mine asked and I quote, "What all-star team is that? Or is this all fake?" My very next post answered that and only that post, "CJA and sadly it's true" Put this into context.. question is "what allstar team is that?" answer "CJA".. Question is "Is this fake?" ( I took the question asked as is the clip fake) my answer was " sadly it's true" once again making reference to the clip. NOT CJA, NOT PA, or even the show of Jersey Cheer.

Last time I checked this is a Forum about Cheerleading. I saw the clip and was taken back by it. Did I think it was funny? Yes I did. But my immediate reaction is what will the reaction of main stream America be. Are we at a point that we can not discuss issues that may affect cheerleading including peoples perceptions, outside of the cheerleading world, of the sport and activity we work so hard to do and promote?

Actually your the one who needs to get their facts straight. Lifetime did not choose CJA the way you claim in fact the suits at Lifetime didn't even know who Patty Ann was until they already saw the show when the production company brought it to them in the same form that everyone else saw it. This show was not a concept that was shopped around to different gyms so the theory of CJA being chosen because of Patty Ann's coaching style is totally false. The show has always been and was meant for CJA specifically. It was created by a very impressed producer who watched CJA at competition the season before. And while you say you haven't read any negative comments from the gym in question maybe you just haven't payed attention because they've been all over FB. Even a dad who no longer is with the program is commenting about it and making statements as if he's ever been to CJA or even met Patty Ann yet his daughter has always cheered at WC. THIS my friend is what is being referred to!

If these people are so happy with their program, so successful, loving the environment their in and experiences that they've had then what is the point of putting down another gym? The blatant disrespect is uncalled for and completely unnecessary. Especially when if someone were to put hidden microphones in their gym and record what they say to people you would all GAG on your words and immediately be apologetic. At the end of the day if you don't like the show FINE, if you don't like Patty Ann's coaching style which was totally exaggerated for the show FINE! You are entitled to that opinion but bashing the smaller less successful gym only comes off as jealous and judgmental when all the glitters is not gold in that world either. The only difference is that you don't have a camera walking around to capture it.

I bolded the sentence I'm going to refer to in my post.

This sentence makes NO sense at all. In the first part of the sentence you say that this dad "no longer is with the program", then in the second half of the sentence you say that he's never been to CJA, met the coach and his daughter has always been at another gym. To say that someone is "no longer with the program" implies that at a previous point they were a part of the program and have left. So which is it? You lose all credibility when you contradict yourself in one sentence.

As for the example of coaching that was shown, I've been in probably 100 gyms across the country. I've been in the big ones, and the tiny ones. I've been to programs that rent out the local elementary school gym or church basement when they're first starting out. In all of those instances, I've NEVER ONCE heard a coach cursing at children. As a cheer industry member, I would lose all respect for that coach. As a parent, if my child's coach (in any sport) spoke that way to my kids-we would leave that program.

The poster is neither contradicting herself/himself nor is losing credibility. WCdad has a daughter who used to be with World Cup and is no longer part of THAT gym. She was never on CJA. As well, WCDad is no longer a part of WC and has never been to CJA to meet Patty Ann or HER daughter..Patty Ann is a SHE...If you're going to make a career out of being a detective then you need to read the evidence closely ;) I think the original poster was pretty clear with all of this.

Patty Ann never cursed at the children...and we're not going to get into another debate about the definition of cursing at children versus using one curse word as a term of empowerment because A) there's a HUGE difference and B) it has already been beaten to death in another thread.

I'm really glad the 100 gyms you've visited chose not to curse in front of their guest. It's reminds me of when my mom used to tell me to clean my room when she was having company. I'd throw everything in my closet until the company left.

The COMPLETE question: ...is this ALL fake?
Your COMPLETE response: Its CJA and sad to say it is not fake. The end skit is but not the first half [/quote]

I really think you need to go back and read the thread once again and not take my post out of context.

The post above right above mine asked and I quote, "What all-star team is that? Or is this all fake?" My very next post answered that and only that post, "CJA and sadly it's true" Put this into context.. question is "what allstar team is that?" answer "CJA".. Question is "Is this fake?" ( I took the question asked as is the clip fake) my answer was " sadly it's true" once again making reference to the clip. NOT CJA, NOT PA, or even the show of Jersey Cheer.

The COMPLETE question: ...is this ALL fake?
Your COMPLETE response: Its CJA and sad to say it is not fake. The end skit is but not the first half
[/quote]

OK you just proved my post, where is there any negative towards CJA? the following posters understood the intent of the end skit is and not the first half as it was blatantly clear.. What is your real issue with this? IS it that the clip was done in the first place? Or the way the show was edited? I don't know. I NEVER MADE A NEGATIVE COMMENT ABOUT YOU, CJA, PA, or THE SHOW JERSEY CHEER.

Its CJA and sad to say it is not fake. The end skit is but not the first half

I would hope the end skit is fake :p

The poster is neither contradicting herself/himself nor is losing credibility. WCdad has a daughter who used to be with World Cup and is no longer part of THAT gym. She was never on CJA. As well, WCDad is no longer a part of WC and has never been to CJA to meet Patty Ann or HER daughter..Patty Ann is a SHE...If you're going to make a career out of being a detective then you need to read the evidence closely ;) I think the original poster was pretty clear with all of this.

Patty Ann never cursed at the children...and we're not going to get into another debate about the definition of cursing at children versus using one curse word as a term of empowerment because A) there's a HUGE difference and B) it has already been beaten to death in another thread.

I'm really glad the 100 gyms you've visited chose not to curse in front of their guest. It's reminds me of when my mom used to tell me to clean my room when she was having company. I'd throw everything in my closet until the company left.

Never once did I say that I was involved with CJA. Never did I make reference to PA or her family. You are correct that I am no longer part of WC but I and my family are still actively involved in Allstar as well as Collage Cheerleading as most people know.

It is clear that to me that I was not that clear about my post as I got lost with you. I will tell you again, The last time I checked this is a Forum about Cheerleading. I saw the clip and was taken back by it. Did I think it was funny? Yes I did. But my immediate reaction is what will the reaction of main stream America be. Are we at a point that we can not discuss issues that may affect cheerleading including peoples perceptions, outside of the cheerleading world, of the sport and activity we work so hard to do and promote?

You have been around cheer I am guessing? Do you remember the Wife Swap Show that had a WC mom on it? The same issue that you and your program are going through happened then. You can not be so closed minded to think that people are not going to want to discuss both the positive and the negative of a situation. It is being done on just about every thread on this FORUM. Look at the Release thread. I thought the clip was funny. It did not get lost on me in any way. My concern is the perception that Main Street America will have from that clip. That was what my intent was in posting it. To open a discussion on a CHEERLEADIN FOURM.

Are we at a point that we can not discuss issues that may affect cheerleading including peoples perceptions, outside of the cheerleading world, of the sport and activity we work so hard to do and promote?

I actually agree with you here....It stinks that so many people have negative perceptions about cheerleading, all-star specifically. However, 99% of these stereotypes have developed from what people have witnessed in real life with their own eyes, not from ONE episode of Jersey Cheer or a 30 second skit that aired at 11pm and then went viral, due in part to people posting it on here.

For example, I have friends from NYC who came to a WSF competition two years ago...I was soooo excited for them to see all of the awesome teams, including us, WC, Just Cheer, NJSE, SA, SJS, so they could finally understand how much work we all collectively put into this...and that it's just not some corny little hobby. They LOVED and APPRECIATED all of the teams, but they could not stop joking about how TACKY it was to see all of these typical jersey mobster wives all decked in cheap leopard print clothing, or how disturbing it was to see 6 year olds with fake eyelashes and glitter, or how annoying it was to get pushed around and yelled at by obnoxious cheer parents who needed to get to priority seating, or how unflatterng it was to see several overweight, body conscious teenage girls wearing two-piece uniforms with all of their "love" hanging out. These were not stereotypes or editing..this was what they were seeing before them.

I was so annoyed with what they took away from the experience because they MISSED THE POINT!!! This may have been a typical case of "I'm from NYC so I'm above you" but I'm pretty sure many of these same images pop into a lot of outsiders' minds when they think of cheerleading, and they don't have to be from NYC. These images were developed long ago and will be hard to break.

I really have hope that most people who saw the Chelsea Handler segment focused on the hilarity and ridiculousness of it rather than reading into it as truth. And as for Jersey Cheer, while some people may not like the intensity of Patty Ann, I am proud that the show is shedding light on the athleticism and dedication that goes into this sport. If more episodes are filmed, then I'm sure it will capture more of the hard work that we want mainstream America to see as we strive to promote the positive aspects of cheerleading.

My facts are very straight sir. It is a fact that your daughter cheered at WC and not CJA. It is also a fact that you do not know Patty Ann nor have you ever been to CJA so to comment on what is real or what is not is a bit premature. How can you possibly know what is real about someone that you've never met? Twist and turn it whatever way you see it fit however the fact remains you don't know Patty Ann and you've never been to CJA. So tell me what is not factual about that statement?

wcdad said:
My facts are very straight sir. It is a fact that your daughter cheered at WC and not CJA. It is also a fact that you do not know Patty Ann nor have you ever been to CJA so to comment on what is real or what is not is a bit premature. How can you possibly know what is real about someone that you've never met? Twist and turn it whatever way you see it fit however the fact remains you don't know Patty Ann and you've never been to CJA. So tell me what is not factual about that statement?

Some of your facts are straight and have nothing to do with the conversation. i.e. where my daughter cheered at or if I have been to your gym or if I know PA. it is irrelevant to the post about the clip I posted to start a discussion about how it would be perceived by the non cheer world. Why would you feel the need to bring my daughter and her cheer resume into this?

I have never made a comment about CJA or PA. I made a thread about a clip that was put out for the world to see. I do not know what is real or not..I know or at least I would hope that the end of the clip was not real. seeing as it was a different person cutting of the finger and putting the iron on the feet. The joke was not lost on me. I thought it was funny. Keep in mind I did not have anything to do with the making of the clip. I did not edit in any way shape or form and I did however make a comment about the stereo type of cheerleading. NOT PA, NOT CJA, and NOT JERSEY CHEER.

You are proving my point. Main street america does not know PA as I do not. They are going to make assumptions and opinions based on what is out there. This clip being one and the show another, etc, etc. You have to understand that.

Once again, Where have I SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT CJA OR PA OR THE SHOW? It is not there because I have not.

Back