Jersey Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are we at a point that we can not discuss issues that may affect cheerleading including peoples perceptions, outside of the cheerleading world, of the sport and activity we work so hard to do and promote?

I actually agree with you here....It stinks that so many people have negative perceptions about cheerleading, all-star specifically. However, 99% of these stereotypes have developed from what people have witnessed in real life with their own eyes, not from ONE episode of Jersey Cheer or a 30 second skit that aired at 11pm and then went viral, due in part to people posting it on here.

For example, I have friends from NYC who came to a WSF competition two years ago...I was soooo excited for them to see all of the awesome teams, including us, WC, Just Cheer, NJSE, SA, SJS, so they could finally understand how much work we all collectively put into this...and that it's just not some corny little hobby. They LOVED and APPRECIATED all of the teams, but they could not stop joking about how TACKY it was to see all of these typical jersey mobster wives all decked in cheap leopard print clothing, or how disturbing it was to see 6 year olds with fake eyelashes and glitter, or how annoying it was to get pushed around and yelled at by obnoxious cheer parents who needed to get to priority seating, or how unflatterng it was to see several overweight, body conscious teenage girls wearing two-piece uniforms with all of their "love" hanging out. These were not stereotypes or editing..this was what they were seeing before them.

I was so annoyed with what they took away from the experience because they MISSED THE POINT!!! This may have been a typical case of "I'm from NYC so I'm above you" but I'm pretty sure many of these same images pop into a lot of outsiders' minds when they think of cheerleading, and they don't have to be from NYC. These images were developed long ago and will be hard to break.

I really have hope that most people who saw the Chelsea Handler segment focused on the hilarity and ridiculousness of it rather than reading into it as truth. And as for Jersey Cheer, while some people may not like the intensity of Patty Ann, I am proud that the show is shedding light on the athleticism and dedication that goes into this sport. If more episodes are filmed, then I'm sure it will capture more of the hard work that we want mainstream America to see as we strive to promote the positive aspects of cheerleading.

I agree with you .. thank you. It is a shame when our kids work so hard and the people that come to see them take the wrong thing or the negative away from it.. that they MISSED THE POINT. I really do hope that the show does get picked up and they can inject more positive into it.. The sport / activity needs more of it. Thank you again for sharing.

I really like the show it's nice to see that all-star cheerleading is finally being spotlighted in reality. Cheerleaders work just as hard if not harder than other sports and we are year round.

I bolded the sentence I'm going to refer to in my post.

This sentence makes NO sense at all. In the first part of the sentence you say that this dad "no longer is with the program", then in the second half of the sentence you say that he's never been to CJA, met the coach and his daughter has always been at another gym. To say that someone is "no longer with the program" implies that at a previous point they were a part of the program and have left. So which is it? You lose all credibility when you contradict yourself in one sentence.

As for the example of coaching that was shown, I've been in probably 100 gyms across the country. I've been in the big ones, and the tiny ones. I've been to programs that rent out the local elementary school gym or church basement when they're first starting out. In all of those instances, I've NEVER ONCE heard a coach cursing at children. As a cheer industry member, I would lose all respect for that coach. As a parent, if my child's coach (in any sport) spoke that way to my kids-we would leave that program.

It makes perfect sense and I'm sorry if you couldn't understand it lol. If your going to refer to what I was saying please take the time to read the entire thread. My credibility is not lost nor has it ever been. Your reaching and unfortunately you've failed miserably.

It makes perfect sense and I'm sorry if you couldn't understand it lol. If your going to refer to what I was saying please take the time to read the entire thread. My credibility is not lost nor has it ever been. Your reaching and unfortunately you've failed miserably.
I've read the whole thread, and fully understand the situation. Go back and correct your syntax and grammar to bring your writing to a readability level we can all work with.
Your post was not clear in referencing where wcdad had been involved. At first you made it sound like his daughter had been at CJA then left, which is not the case.
If you're not a native English speaker, I apologize.

I've read the whole thread, and fully understand the situation. Go back and correct your syntax and grammar to bring your writing to a readability level we can all work with.
Your post was not clear in referencing where wcdad had been involved. At first you made it sound like his daughter had been at CJA then left, which is not the case.
If you're not a native English speaker, I apologize.

I did not make it sound like anything lol. Secondly your a bit hostile about a situation that doesn't even affect you personally yet your attacking me personally. If that's how you choose to conduct yourself so be it however I stand by my original statement. One cannot determine what is "REAL" about an organization they've never been a part of or someone that they've never met. The statement was made in regard to a post in the thread titled "Jersey Shore Clip" where someone asked "What all star team is that? Or is this all fake?" and the response to that was "Its CJA and sad to say it is not fake. The end skit is but not the first half". So in fact I clearly understand what I am referring to although you do not. I have yet to call you any names yet you've made a few statements that have done just that. So while you'd like to refer to the english language and insinuate your expertise in regard to it maybe you should actually become more well versed yourself and attempt to use more of the vocabulary to express yourself besides insults.

I did not make it sound like anything lol. Secondly your a bit hostile about a situation that doesn't even affect you personally yet your attacking me personally. If that's how you choose to conduct yourself so be it however I stand by my original statement. One cannot determine what is "REAL" about an organization they've never been a part of or someone that they've never met. The statement was made in regard to a post in the thread titled "Jersey Shore Clip" where someone asked "What all star team is that? Or is this all fake?" and the response to that was "Its CJA and sad to say it is not fake. The end skit is but not the first half". So in fact I clearly understand what I am referring to although you do not. I have yet to call you any names yet you've made a few statements that have done just that. So while you'd like to refer to the english language and insinuate your expertise in regard to it maybe you should actually become more well versed yourself and attempt to use more of the vocabulary to express yourself besides insults.

I refuse to engage in a battle of witts with an unarmed person.

My mistake, I was on my phone. But hey, I own up to my mistakes and correct them-when possible. Looks like I'm out of the edit window. So consider this my correction.

Is it your position that because some one has not met PA or has not been to CJA that they can not have an opinion or comment on a Clip of a TV show, or the TV show itself that is aired through out the nation?

Is it your position that because some one has not met PA or has not been to CJA that they can not have an opinion or comment on a Clip of a TV show, or the TV show itself that is aired through out the nation?

Not it is not. You may comment on the clip of the TV show as you see fit, love or hate it that is your choice which everyone is entitled to. However your comment was not simply an opinion on the show or the parody performed on Chelsea lately. Let's leave it at that lol.

why hasnt it been on lately?? i just saw it that first night! it doesnt even come up in the search for shows??

I loved this show! I sat down and watched it with my mom and we both loved! For all of you concerned with the way PA spoke to her kids. Yes, it may have offended you as a parent and in our gym over here in California, it probably wouldn't have gone over too well either. However that is my gym. Over at CJA and in New Jersey they speak differently. So no need to hate on CJA for doing what works for them. If that's what PA does to get her kids fired up, let her do it! And with out criticism.

Back