All-Star Jersey Shore Clip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

First and foremost, I'm not sure why this Jersey Shore (accidental mistake?) thread was even created when the show (Jersey Cheer) as well as the Chelsea Handler segment was already discussed in another thread. I'm SURE WCDad overlooked it and thought he was giving the cheer world some breaking news five days after the fact ;)

Second, I can see why some people would think this is giving the all-star cheer world a bad name, especially if they missed the show and ONLY saw the Chelsea Handler parody. However, most people who are familiar with Chelsea's brand of humor understand that she, like all professional comedians, take the "truth" and go way over the top with it for comedic effect...The result? A skit that was truly hysterical. All of the coaches, staff, athletes, and parents who are part of CJA, as well as Patty Ann herself, are flattered that Chelsea and her team spent the time and money on making the skit in the first place. We throroughly enjoyed it even joked about it with the girls at the gym...

The people who "got" Chelsea's segment were probably the ones who also watched the show. Sure, there are some people who think the use of the word "b****" in an encouraging way was inappropriate. But I don't think there are many people who watched the show or know the coaches personally who would disagree that Patty Ann and her coaches love these kids with all of their heart. The producers did a wonderful job balancing the rigor and hard work that goes into this sport with some very touching and very funny moments. Sure, they also got the parts where practice gets intense, and Chelsea of course took those parts and ran with them. Just like Chelsea Handler's brand of comedy is irreverant and over the top, Patty Ann's brand of love is intense and tough. There is a difference between that and abuse, and the key word is love. Neither woman is for everyone, but they got to where they are for a reason...They're amazing at what they do. To add, these girls also have three other coaches with completely unique personalites, so every girl can relate to someone.

As far as calling Patty Ann's style of coaching pathetic, I think you're making yourself look more pathetic than anyone else. How does that comment reflect on you as a person? For every 5 coaches who are going to come on here and say they would NEVER coach like that, there are 500 more who contribute a WHOLE lot more to making this industry look bad....Bad attitudes, conceited "cheerlebrities," undisciplined athletes, poor sportmanship, sore losers, unsupportive parents..the list goes on and on. These negative aspects of our industry are bred from the top down and we read horror stories about them on a regular basis on these boards, yet I don't remember anyone every saying that CJA fit into ANY of these categories...If tough coaching and a curse here and there are the two reasons why this industry is looks bad, then I guess 95% of the top gyms in this country should close up shop tomorrow.

At the end of the day, I guess coming on here and defending CJA is a lost cause because someone else will inevitably try to get the last word. Second, most people have a lot more courage to be rude when they can hide behind a screen name (although a lot of you reveal your identity). One thing I know for certain, however, is that the people in this thread who posted negative statements about Patty Ann and/or CJA have NO past or current connection to the program, nor have they ever spoken to Patty Ann for five seconds (including the man who started the thread). I think it's common etiquette that you shouldn't judge someone until you've met them...and most if not all of you have not.

Just like you are all entitled to an opinion, so are we. The production team who created this show are WONDERFUL people who did something that doesn't get done often enough...They showed the world that cheerleading is hard, intense, amazingly fun and competitive, and that it can create strong, confident ladies and gentlemen who will take with them into the real world skills that will help them survuve and succeed when cheerleading is a distant memory.

As for Chelsea Handler...Thanks for the iron and knife idea...They will definitely come in handy as we prepare for Worlds :)....and that was a joke for anyone who might think that statement makes the industry look bad.

And while you will stand by your opinion of what you have observed, I will stand by mine. Even if Chelsea had posted unedited clips of CJA's staff or involved "nicer" clips, I still would call CJA's coach a disgrace to the coaching world. You NEVER say that stuff to someone. EVER. End of discussion.

I may not agree with every single thing PA does or says, but I would NEVER call her a disgrace to the coaching world. There are so many worse things a coach can do than use the word she chose.

I may not agree with every single thing PA does or says, but I would NEVER call her a disgrace to the coaching world. There are so many worse things a coach can do than use the word she chose.
Again, you are obliged to your opinion as I am to mine.

And while you will stand by your opinion of what you have observed, I will stand by mine. Even if Chelsea had posted unedited clips of CJA's staff or involved "nicer" clips, I still would call CJA's coach a disgrace to the coaching world. You NEVER say that stuff to someone. EVER. End of discussion.

I understand what your saying but calling the coach a disgrace to the coaching world is bit harsh. There are different ways people coach. I have done other sports and I have been yelled at and talked to just like the way patty ann does and I have been coached by people with nicer/laid back type of coaching. My opinion, the strictness works, you need that discipline. But it's whatever works for you and it seems to work for CJA.

Chelsea may have pieced together clips but she did not put those words in the mouth of that coach. As I have said in the other thread it does not take away from her being an amazing coach, but I don't care if she is from Jersey that doesn't make what she was saying right. Being born in the state of New Jersey doesn't give you a free pass to be able to say as you please on national TV without being picked apart by others. If the parents are alright when her talking to their children like that then more power to them, but when it is on national TV be prepared for backlash and lots of it.

I have said it before in the other thread and will say it again, shows like Jersey Cheer and the Mini Allstar show are NOT good for this sport that people are trying to rally behind to get recognized in a good light by those on the outside.

Chelsea may have pieced together clips but she did not put those words in the mouth of that coach. As I have said in the other thread it does not take away from her being an amazing coach, but I don't care if she is from Jersey that doesn't make what she was saying right. Being born in the state of New Jersey doesn't give you a free pass to be able to say as you please on national TV without being picked apart by others. If the parents are alright when her talking to their children like that then more power to them, but when it is on national TV be prepared for backlash and lots of it.

I have said it before in the other thread and will say it again, shows like Jersey Cheer and the Mini Allstar show are NOT good for this sport that people are trying to rally behind to get recognized in a good light by those on the outside.
Thank you. That is what I have been trying to say and have been failing.

Hilarious, but would you explain your previous post?

you said she was a disgrace for saying that to the athletes. but unless youve never said those words than you really cant be bashing her for saying it.

Again, you are obliged to your opinion as I am to mine.

You are right...however, I can think of many more disgraceful things for a coach to be. Honestly, I wouldn't even put PA's mouth on my list, and that's not because I'm from NJ or because I've met her and had conversations with her. There are so many things that are significantly worse. Using the broad stroke of calling her a disgrace to coaching is a bit much.

You are right...however, I can think of many more disgraceful things for a coach to be. Honestly, I wouldn't even put PA's mouth on my list, and that's not because I'm from NJ or because I've met her and had conversations with her. There are so many things that are significantly worse. Using the broad stroke of calling her a disgrace to coaching is a bit much.

Agree

you said she was a disgrace for saying that to the athletes. but unless youve never said those words than you really cant be bashing her for saying it.
Trust me, I've said way worse things and been told worse things. I have suffered the consequences and have learned my lesson. Some people prefer that style of coaching, but it's not my cup of tea. That's why I have been saying that this has been my opinion and others are allowed to have their own.

Exactly it is what I have observed personally not from watching a few minute long parody. We will end this discussion since I am sure this is in absolute vain. Trying to have an adult discussion with a child who is failing miserably at getting a point across without being offensive.

Exactly it is what I have observed personally not from watching a few minute long parody. We will end this discussion since I am sure this is in absolute vain. Trying to have an adult discussion with a child who is failing miserably at getting a point across without being offensive.
Yet what the parody did show did happen. Chelsea did not just dub in the words into PA's mouth.

Back